The Butcher is Captured

boomac

Heard a news report that the head of Hamas was disgusted with Saddam... Yep, no joke. Disgusted because he gave up without a fight... and after all the encouragement he gave to the suicide bombers... turned out to be weinnie himself. I could have told the head of Hamas long ago.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case some are short .25 (you know, for purchase of a clue)... there is not a shred of evidence that Hussein or his regime funded or initiated terrorist acts abroad, prior to the US invasion of Iraq.

The regime was certainly responsible for terrorism against their own people; and it is and should be a national debate as to whether or not it is the United States' responsibility to affect change in other countries' internal governments.

Of course, it is well known on which side of this issue the current US administration falls... these are the same idealogues who had no problem with overthrowing democratically elected governments in Iraq, Guatemala, and Chile, just because they did not fall within our model of capitalist Western society (oh, the power of Big Money).

And while our attention has been (needlessly, I contend) diverted to Iraq, what has become of bin Laden and the Taliban? They have regained much of their former strength in Afhganistan; to claim that Hussein had anything to do with the WTC and Pentagon attacks is completely mistaken and misguided.

This "we sure kicked ***" mentality is repulsive to me, and harkens back to the days before we had the capacity to form rational morality, when it was "us against them", and we would blindly follow our leader, whoever that might be. Do you notice that grim satisfaction in your gut when you think about it? That goes back thousands, if not millions, of years, and is the same evolutionary baggage that threatens to be the death of our species on this planet (unless disease or an asteroid take us out first).

Someone should really put the women in charge... it is us men with our warmongering and clannish brutality who have kept screwing up the experiment of human society for a tiresome long time... and we are capable of So Much More.

Good evening.

Chuckears,

Thanks for the comments!

I too am glad they finally caught this SOB! Over 600 troops to surround this guy hiding is a rat hole?

I agree, where are the verifable pieces of evidence that link this scumbag or Iraq to 9/11? Ain't none, - but there appear to be quite a few pointing to the Saudis.

Agreed, our attention and the resources needed to help in the Afghan situation have been diverted to Iraq, gad, the press coverage tried to make dubya look like the the savior of the free world today. Little is ever said of the US Troops that continue to die daily in that dust bin of a country, and for what? so dubya can try to finish his dad's screw up?

Its nice to see that large corporations like Haliburton and so forth are being rewarded, aw, make that awarded multi billion dollar contracts for being affiliated with the VP, and without public bid!!!! How much of that is going under the table to someone's reelection coffers?

The real despot that needs to be taken care of is in N. Korea, He does have WMD - Nukes on rockets!!, and he is killing and starving and ruining the economy of his country just like saddam, he is the bigger worry, but the focus isn't on N. Korea because they don't have what we want... OIL, billions of gallons of the stuff.

It would be nice if we could divert the culture and expense of the military (worldwide) into something more useful and serving humanity. Think what the thousands of millions of dollars and what they could have done to help the human race instead of trying to blow everything back to the stone age.

Merry Christmas to All, and to all a good night!

Oh, BTW, Have they found any WMD in Iraq yet?, didn't think so, maybe Santa (or the CIA) will drop off a few in Iraq for dubya this year.

Bad thing is, a lot of GIs and their families sure won't have a very merry Christmas this year, some of the GIs will never have another Christmas... Let's us remember that they are bearing the brunt of this ordeal.

----------------

On 12/14/2003 9:33:22 PM chuckears wrote:

Someone should really put the women in charge... it is us men with our warmongering and clannish brutality who have kept screwing up the experiment of human society for a tiresome long time...

----------------

I guess you haven't seen a 50% sale in the ladies clothing department? 6.gif

My take on this, IT WAS STAGED!!!!!

They knew where he was, he knew where to be, the press was seconds behind.

Saddam was tired of running and they worked out a deal. Here you have the ousted president with whom loyalist vowed to defend and protect him to the end.

Where the hell were they? Two punks were captured, some money and Saddam and his pistol. Let's see what else, oh yeah just last week a legal tribunal was established, how convenient........

Where were the rest of the loyalsits?

As far as WMD we shall see if the already captured players are a little more willing to chat now.

It's amazing that any reasonable human being would not celebrate and be grateful that this evil man is in custody. This thread is about that and that only. I do apologize if my enthusiasm for Saddams capture opened the door for several partisan political speeches. BTW, you change minds by presenting factual information not useless assumptions and innuendos. Good Lord!

Thats great that Saddam Hussien was captured. Dont get me wrong. Im sure if you knew me that Id be the last person you would ever call a pacifist. When it comes to these creeps I believe in the Hookem, Bookem and Cookem method of dealing with them. So jail him and forget him. The media is calling this an incredible day in American history. Say what??? Talk about forgetting. A true incredible day in American history is the one that will live in infamy. Its anniversary was last Sunday. Im sure all the souls of the boys lying on the bottom of Pearl Harbor really appreciate all the attention we gave them for their contribution to our country. It must be me. Did I miss all the posts about it? Did they call it an incredible day in American history when they hung Benito Mussolinis body in public or when they found Hitlers burned corpse behind a bunker? I get fired up when the media devotes more time to gangsters and murders like Saddam and the leaders of the mafia who are caught by the authorities than the 58,000 men and women that were killed in the Vietnam War. They should devote ten times the coverage that they give to these monsters to each and every person that was murdered in the Twin Towers, the Pentagon and the plane load of loved ones that was forced to crash in a field in Pennsylvania. Oh! I guess people tend to forget. After all, these Americans that died are just OLD heroes and heroines that dont produce enough TV revenue to pay any attention to anymore. I suppose I better get with the program and keep up with what everyone is talking about on the airwaves. Namely of how the capture of Sodamn Insane will influence the democratic primaries and Mr. Bushs approval ratings that according to the media will be a big factor in the next presidential election. Thats funny. I thought that the issues of farmers losing their land, when our boys and girls are coming home or small business failures and home foreclosures would get more airtime if they were concerned about how Americans will vote in the next election. Maybe theyll mention how they might get a REAL terrorist like Been Ladling Out the Goat Soup. Remember that screwball? I guess his name isnt selling enough commercials lately. Thats right! An Afghan is a blanket youre buying for Aunt Tilly for Christmas. And all this time I thought it was somebody one of my relatives was chasing into a dark cave in the middle of nowhere. I better get my act together and get my priorities straightened out. Im so out of touch with reality that I dont even know what a Reality Show IS! Boy oh boy. I better get a life and join the ranks of the people that think Pearl Harbor is just a movie you can order at 30% off list price at Amazon.com. Geeeeeeeeez! No wonder everyone thinks Im an idiot.

No offense intended, Boomac, because I know your feelings are well meant and understood.

good stuff...go 1st brigade combat team!!!

that was my old unit, weird hearing them called out on the radio this morning. i bet the last chain of command is sad they couldn't have been at the reigns when this went down...well let the book deals start. i can see them now:

"capturing saddam, a colonel's story"

"spider hole, a soldier's point of view"

"looking for a place to poop and i found saddam!"

good job 4id 1bct, raiders!

No offense taken Rabbit. The media does tend to hammer things to death. Even good news can get old quickly. You're absolutly right about the other things we need to remember. A lot of brave souls have given so much for us to remember and be proud of. The USA has had many great moments and we have suffered through times of question and sorrow but our people are basically good. Especially those who serve and I mean the FDNY as well as the 4thID.

Staged it was They promissed Saddam would lose the insects living in his beard!

And Saddam could no longer live in this rat hole,so he gave up,besides his two sons were killed so he lost any hope the regime could regain any power.

Now I could be wrong but Ranger did not see any woman fight at the sale,it was Ousama Bin laden fighting for clothes so he could pass for a woman and slip out.

BBB, I don't think anyone has forgotten about anything. Why is it so hard for you to accept this? What is wrong with the media coverage? Are you saying it is not worthy? I would be very willing to bet there are lots of solders and family members of those solders who would argue the point.

I am floored that even when there is good news, people will still find something to be negative about.

I for one don't belive that bush lied to us. I believe that he believed in what the CIA was telling us as well as the Iraqi defecters were telling the CIA. There was very good reason to believe Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. If not, why was Saddam so elusive, why did he always play games. Is it really not feasable to believe that somewhere he had them stored? Think about it.

Even if it was a lie, why do you think he would lie? Just because he had it out for Saddam? Get real. Oil? Get real again. If Bush had those interestes, then why didn't he attack Saddam when he first got into office? Cmon, give me a good reason. IF the administration did lie to get into Iraq, it was NOT for some reason stated, it was because the administration knew damn well that Iraq was going to become the next Afganistan and they wanted to prevent that. Would you really want Al Quada (sp?) training in Iraq? Two very dangerous ingrediants if you ask me.

Do you really think Bush wants this? Do you think he is happy that all this has transpired? If you think so, you are as loonie as Saddam himself.

All the man is trying to do is to protect the US as well as our alies, why can't people see that?

Today was a GOOD day for taking care of business for the American forces in Iraq. They get a giant attaboy for finding the ruthless henchman responsible for decimating the country he was savaging for the last thirty years, some of it with our help/compliance.

It is more important to see if w can help start Iraq on the road to a nation-state that can provide its citizens with running water, power, and a stable government with a well-policed economy, which should have been the focus of our incursion into a sovereign country. While the focus in the US was the removal of Saddam, the Asian and Muslim world has a different frame of reference for "success" in Iraq.

We had the political and financial might to provide a successful Marshall Plan fifty years ago; I hope we have the statesman to achieve similar success with Iraq. I do not the that Gdub is such a man to achieve this, but I would be very pleased if he proves me wrong. I do not want to see the sacrifices our troops have made, and continue to make day in and day out, not make a difference in this theatre. Our next ten years of foreign policy will be profoundly influenced by this current opportunity.

Now that the serious stuff is on the field, I will be running for president of Iraq next year - and my platform is "Klipsch for all9.gif "

"It would be nice if we could divert the culture and expense of the military (worldwide) into something more useful and serving humanity."

Bit of irony here as this is precisely what the military is for and, in fact, does........preserve the peace, and in the most refined sense, serve humanity. Its the tyrants who subvert the army (of whatever nation) into a tool of repression and aggression.

Whoa M00n! I can see youre hot about this one. Perhaps you missed my point about the medias priorities. These are just opinions and opinions are not worth getting your friends all worked up over. So forget it. O.K.? I have a feeling this will all be deleted by one of the monitors tomorrow, anyway. Back to audio and comedy. Did you hear Saddam was caught trying to dig a tunnel to his last home? He wanted to take in a movie in one of his palace home theater rooms. They found The Great Escape DVD hidden in his diaper.

Ohhhhh....CMon now BBB.. You are correct I do get worked up, BUT If you can't have a good debate with friends who can you have a debate with. No harm no foul. I was just debating is all. 4.gif

I still love ya'll. 30.gif

I should have been an attorney because I love this stuff. Hmm, well, love to argue anyway. Not sure if I would like doing all the ground work.2.gif

m00n said: "I should have been an attorney because I love this stuff. Hmm, well, love to argue anyway. Not sure if I would like doing all the ground work."

You should be an actor m00n. That's what some of the top lawyers are. They have "legal assistants" to do the grunt work and they present the story.