Greatest Pro Wrestler of All Time?

Jabez Scratch

George The Animal Steele. The ultimate wrassler! He used to eat the turnbuckel padding off and had a green tounge. Kind of looked like the Crusher from the Bugs Bunny cartoon.

I think Bobby Backlin still holds the record for the longest uninterrupted title run. He was a legitimate wresltler in college (so they say).

My favorite patsy was Special Delivery Jones. Guy would kick *** for 10 minutes straight, start showboating, then get devestated by a Sunset Flip or a Pile Driver.

Other favorites

Ivan Putsky the Polish Hammer.

The Iron Shiek.

Jimmy Superfly Snuka.

Some huge "Ugandan" guy. Coco B. Ware maybe?

The Angry Samoans

Been a while. This was all before pay per view and when Vince McMahon was an announcer rather than the owner or the WWF/WWE. Used to watch every Saturday morning when I was about 10 or 11.

The entire heart family is an incredible story, owen and brett along with bother-in-law davey boy smith (r.i.p) and brother-in-law "the anvil " .

They all got there start in canada wrestling for stampede wrestling. I grew up watching these guys and have seen them live 30 or 40 times.

The most awesome wrestler i've ever seen was a guy by the handle " the dynamite kid " he was davey boy smiths tage team partner ( also from britian ) This guy was doing stuff 20 years ago that 90% of the pro wrestlers today would never dream of trying.

Old man heart recently past away as well, he was the founder of stampede wrestling and the trainer of his sons.

The longest reigning champ? Bruno Sanmartino. How could anyone forget him?

Actually Hulk Hogan had the biggest impact on that sport. I watched him lose to Rowdy Roddy Piper from the 2nd row in the early 80s when we won tickets. Hogan pulled a razor blade from his trousers right in front of us and sliced open his own head. Blood everywhere. That's why they all wore bandanas, hding all that scar tissue. Ugly sport.

Too many to name,I started watching wrasslin when I was 9.From then on I followed all the shows I could catch on TV.And when wrasslin came to Montreal I was in a hurry to watch it live.

Being there live is just a load of fun.And you can shout insults and not get punched like with pro boxing.

Some of those I remember best Dusty Rhodes,Rick Flair,Stone Cold against the Rock(just too funny).The OneManGang was a funny character.

A good few great wrestlers gone before their time.Even being a show its a tough business,imaine day after day on the road,the body takes a major beating in the long run.

Now there is too much comedy,and this takes away from the show.

Killer Kowalski is one of wreslting's greatest of all time,the man still trains wrestlers if I am not mistaken.At his age this says someting about his iron health.

DMF,

"Gorgeous George?" You're datin' yourself. Wern't there a couple of brothers right after GG? One a Doctor, (in name only I would guess). Perhaps they were German guys. Von or Van something. I just can't recall. East Coast guys. Garymd should remember but he may be a bit too young.

Milwaukee's finest: The Crusher - Nick Bockwinkle - Vern Ganga - and even little Greg Ganga!

Who was the guy in the 80s who wore overalls, had long hair and a big beard? We rode an elevator with him at a hotel after a match back around the mid 80s but I can't remember his name. Real nice guy. It was really strange hearing him speak like a normal person instead of the fake hillbilly accent.