A visit to the forum early this morning...

Erik Mandaville

I dont ever use the "rich text" editor. Instead, I just add simple HTML tags and bold and italics are the easiest. Simply put < b > at the beginning of the statement, followed by < / b > at the end. EVerything in between will be in bold. For italics, substitute an "i" for the "b".

Also, make sure you take out the spaces I left in between the examples (without the space before and after the "b", it would not be visible as an example here.

kh

Why Dbflash - sane? Me? Hardly!!

But thanks for the vote of confidence!

I've been away from the forum for a couple of days (fighting with my DVD creation idea - making some progress - but not there yet).

Looks like I missed a real punchup somewhere....

Actually Neo, even a low powered receiver like the HK Andy mentioned can sound very good on horns. That particular receiver, like many others of the era, didn't use IC's, everything was discrete, and the power supplies were usually huge in relationship to the wattage they put out. Also, these lower powered units didn't pair up transistors for high output, and the result was VERY low distortion, at LOW power.

Russ, I've actually come to the conclusion that I'm am NOT a "golden eared" type. I can hear differences easy enough, but I'm not always very good at explaining, or understanding what or why. As long as it's clean, grain free, and doesn't drill a hole through my forehead -- I can live with it.

Eric, great post. I was thinking the same thing last night and I have not even read the whole post/flame war.

What I wanted to say was that music is truly "SUBJECTIVE" and dependent on many things including gear and the person's listening. It is amazing to me that Dean, Craig, Erik, Kelly, Ryan, Guy, etc. all know so much more than many of us but cannot not agree on much when it comes to parts, speakers, amps, topologies, preamps. So obviously they can't all be wrong or right so this music craze is definitely subjective and we should always keep that in mind. I beleive people hear things differently so there could never be one better sound for all, (Unless you have Bose of course).

I for one am amazed that I cannot hear above 11khz. I know many of you can, but then I just recently switched to tube gear and have been used to high decibel SS for too long.

Merry Christmas to all and let us all enjoy this wonderful time of year with our families, and show them the true pleasure of Christmas comes from music. And that music comes from PP/Set amps and Klipsch speakers.

"What I wanted to say was that music is truly "SUBJECTIVE" and dependent on many things including gear and the person's listening."

Subjective or not, there are idiots on this forum! I have not seen nor hear a Bose so I cannot imagine its sound. Though I think it rhymes with blose 1.gif.

What I can not believe is that yet again a post that was put up in the spirit of trying to stop the battle has yet again started to be a laying the Blame thing !

IT TAKES TWO OR MORE TO TANGO !! EVERYONE INVOLVED IN ANYWAY IN THESE WARS IS AT BLAME INCLUDING MYSELF !!!

I think its extremely tacky and petty to come in this thread start laying blame and also even more tacky to come in hear and argue or call names.

Craig

----------------

On 12/17/2003 8:09:54 AM neo33 wrote:

Subjective or not, there are idiots on this forum! ----------------

Such kind and difference mending words. All of us that take pride in being idiots I say 'Unite!". Let's not let good enough alone and be sure to play the little guy in a bar that picks a fight with every 2 ton Bubba that rides 40 year old Harley...

Yo, Eric,

I wish I had written that! Thanks.

I also wish that I had kept the drawer-full of yellow BS buttons that PWK handed me at the back door of St. Mark's, Hope, after preaching sermons that had been too hastily snapped together the night before!

A little humility never hurt anybody. Several of us (although unaware) have a great deal about which to be humble.

Father Bill

Happy Chanukkah to everyone. One should not criticize anyone for any reason. Unless you have the facts to prove otherwise. Amps-speakers-tt-cd-DVD-all have a synergistic feeling on the music we hear. I am sure we all have the feeling that our system is the best bang for the buck. I know that I am so satisfied with my system but I will always look for some more Corns or maybe some K Horns to upgrade the system but I am happy with what I have and would love the hear what the rest have. There is no nirvana to compare to live music and our obsession is just a hobby. We should just live with what we have and hopefully can upgrade to a more satisfying listening experience. Cheers