Completely OT: Auto Ad on Ebay

dougdrake

Rick,

I think he was so deliriously happy thinking he could get rid of this swine that his hands were violently shaking. With that 383 wedged into the engine bay like Raquel Welch slithering into a 35C bra, you could barbeque a side of beef in under an hour if within five feet of the hood! I've seen cooler temperatures in July in Death Valley.

This is one of those cars that looks absolutely great parked in the driveway, and everyone loves to congratulate anyone at a car show who drives one of these rhinos6.gif It costs two grand every time you fire one of these bad boys up14.gif

----------------

On 1/3/2004 11:18:59 AM ricktate wrote:

Thats not a 67...its 72-76 year,,,i have a jensen healey and use to belong to Jensen club..its a good buy if you want a project car,,,,,very good start to a nice rare car,,,rick

----------------

Hello Rick - Which JH? I had a 74 MKII for a couple of years and it was a very nice handling car with a darn spirited 4 banger.

As to the Ebay thingy - outstanding stuff. I bow in the sellers presence..

Henry,that spirited 4 banger is a Lotus 907 4 valve per cyl. engine, same one Lotus put in the Esprit in 1976.One of the first 4 valve production engines put in a regular car...first Jensen Healey was out in 1973.They used the Jensen Healey as test bed for engine.....also the Jensen Interceptor came with a chrysler 440 engine ,so i believe the one for sale has been changed,,,not sure since it is right hand drive, could be in U.K. they had smaller engine for gas prices over there.I have a 1974 Jensen Healey with 50,000 miles on it.....by the way that engine is 120 ci...puts out 145 hp....in 1974...un heard of back then..in fact it had more power than a chevy corvette of same year and because of smog controll on chevy the Healey was faster lol..rick9.gif

Dave,the 1975 Jensen Interceptor III with a 440cu. in. engine got 17 mpg while the 1975 corvette with a 350 only got 20mpg so i dont think it cost anymore to start a Jensen up as far as fitting the engine into the Jensen it is a big car it fits in there just fine.Rick

Rick,

I was just yanking your chain2.gif I have owned more than a few LBCs, and once you got all the kinks ironed out, they were every bit as reliable as American iron. It does take a bank to fix the bodged ones.

Those Lotus engines are sweeeet to take up to the redline. The twin cam 1.6L Cortina engine is a winner, the Caterham 7 is a barrel of monkees, and anyone who owns or lusts after a Miata owes it to themselves to check out a late Sixties Elan to see where the body was lifted.

And having banged and barked knuckles many a time on the underside getting engine mount nuts installed on the 440, the bay is a lot tighter than anything I ever want to stick my hand in again6.gif They run like striped-bass grapes, though!