It happened to me!!

ricktate

I heard of stories about guys selling speakers out back of vans..well it happened to me,,,,i was comming out of dept. store and this explorer pulls up and a guy with a distinct boston,new york accent,,,lol,,i live in KC,MO area...he says.. hey i got a surrond sound speaker system ,,,you want to buy it,,,i say no,,,he says,,,you want to take a look any way,,,i say no....and on top of this i have two Klipsch stickers on back of window of my truck...lol.I guess this guy doesnt think people will hear his accent.Probably had boxes full of bricks wish i had looked though after he drove off,i could have had a good laugh....rick

Happened to me too, I did take a look at the speakers. I do not recall the make of the speakers. Their story was that they had accidentally received an extra set at shipping and were trying to make cash to pocket. I remember the speakers were large. Little did they know I had a pair of Heresys at the house.

I actually bought a pair of these speakers. Not from a guy in a van though, but from a college kid who bought them from a guy in a van. He paid $400 for them and sold them to me for $140 because he needed the cash. I sold them on ebay for $350 or so. Digital Audio speakers. The website said retail was like $1500 each or some ridiculous thing. They had metal grates on the front of them instead of grilles, a side mounted 10" woofer, a mid and a tweet. They could be biamped. Sounded like crap. I mean really sounded like crap. The cheapest cabinets you can imagine. Funny world we live in.

Greg

Yep, happened to me a couple of times way back in the late 80's! I can't believe these guys are still out there with this scam. Actually, my bro-in-law bought a pair of the speakers from these guys about 10 years ago (yep, white van and East-coast accent and all) and still has them in his basement.

I think they soaked him about $300 bucks, and they sounded like a pair of $20 speakers from K-mart. I didn't have the heart to tell him at the time, but we laugh about it today. Someone must be making some money from it if their still doing this around country 15 years later!

White Van & Sons will sell this B0$e like quality at B0$e like prices as long as lambs buy them.

I saw two times white van speakers and inspected them.Good lord the cabinets were made of thin fiberboard(1-1.5cm thick)covered with "luxurious" grey carpet my cat sleeps on.The back has "spring loaded DEKLUXE terminators" and a FERROfluid cooled tweeter and midrange were installed in this three way "design".The kind you can buy at the rat shack for $5(probably cost them under a dollar).

Next came the Dynaudio like woofer with its HUGE 1" voice coild and whopping 75W POWER HANDLING(probably for up to 1 nanosecond).When I removed the repulsive grill and woofer I saw hair thin wires and the complex three element crossover!

The 12" woofer has a IMMENSE,TITANIC 8oz magnet!!!

All this for a modest $250,the lamb who purchased this joke was told these retail for $1100!

As a FREE gift to YOU,yes YOU the customer the company "DIGITAL READY" provides a lovley response graph done by the respected "designer"while on a heavy acid ride in jail.

ha, thanks for the description ear.

i think my favorite parts are the cabinets and what that woofer's magnet must have looked like. i have to chuckle when i think of big drivers with these magnet assemblies the size of a baseball.

why can't i get approached by a van driven by the angry wife of a k-horn owner and get told "my stupid hubby thinks he can cheat on me...well hey, i will sell you these monsters for what you have in your wallet..."9.gif

----------------

On 1/6/2004 11:22:33 PM TheEAR wrote:

As a FREE gift to YOU,yes YOU the customer the company "DIGITAL READY" provides a lovley response graph done by the respected "designer"while on a heavy acid ride in jail.

----------------

laboratory.gif

No problem! Well have those white van speakers

sounding like Klipschorns in a minute!

"why can't i get approached by a van driven by the angry wife of a k-horn owner and get told "my stupid hubby thinks he can cheat on me...well hey, i will sell you these monsters for what you have in your wallet..."9.gif"

Sounds like that great scene in "High Fidelity" with the hubby's record collection.

www.doggdigitalaudio.com

hahhah, they made that site to make their scam more believable. They finally came to Maryland this week. My friend was offered to buy a pair from a guy in a white van.

My friend responded with "I give ya 10 dollars for them." Then the guy left.

Gotta admit though, they do look kinda nice. Some of their speakers look like they were made by AAD and Mordaunt Short.