Where's Smilin? MIA in Mexico?

Piranha

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll have to second Gary's opinion on the RS3. I'm running a pair (also white) with Khorn fronts and RC3 center. Sounds great to me. I watch maybe 3 movies a week and rarey listen to music in 5.1. Only gripe I had with the RS3 is one of the crossovers circuit board had a crack in it upon delivery. Klipsch sent another out and I replaced it. No big deal, but had to wait a couple of weeks. If you can afford, and have room for the RS7, I'd go with those.

Regards, John

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/6/2004 11:46:39 PM risingjay wrote:

greymd-- How do those RS3's work with the cornwalls? I have chorus II's for my mains, academy for center, and haven't figured out what to use for surrounds. I would love to get another pair of Chours II's, but to big....or some heresy's, again, to big.....so next logical would be rs3's or rs7's. Though I have thought to use rb5's or rb's. What do you think?

Smillin-- Getting rid of the 507?? You recomended it to me!! Is there a big difference with the 200.7 and preamp combo? Hope the HT works out for you man.
----------------

Jayman,

I love the 507, but am getting a buzzing in my system from something and Tweeter has been out 5 times and cannot figure it out7.gif so I am Accepting2.gif a Free upgrade to the seperates. Capeesh6.gif BTW dontcha love Yours?

Smilin11.gif

----------------

On 1/7/2004 11:28:22 AM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/6/2004 11:46:39 PM risingjay wrote:

greymd-- How do those RS3's work with the cornwalls? I have chorus II's for my mains, academy for center, and haven't figured out what to use for surrounds. I would love to get another pair of Chours II's, but to big....or some heresy's, again, to big.....so next logical would be rs3's or rs7's. Though I have thought to use rb5's or rb's. What do you think?

Smillin-- Getting rid of the 507?? You recomended it to me!! Is there a big difference with the 200.7 and preamp combo? Hope the HT works out for you man.----------------

Jayman,

I love the 507, but am getting a buzzing in my system from something and Tweeter has been out 5 times and cannot figure it out
7.gif
so I am Accepting
2.gif
a Free upgrade to the seperates. Capeesh
6.gif
BTW dontcha love Yours?

Smilin
11.gif

----------------

Wow...you don't even have to spend $ this time. That's the way to go!

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/7/2004 1:00:01 AM Guy Landau wrote:

faulty pvc connection in his lower level, right behind the HT? I can only guess who was behind it.........
----------------

Guy, my wife accused my B4-Plus of damaging the foundation of the house at first

15.gif I told her that no way in hell could that little thing do THAT3.gif And that iwas most probably the piss poor workmanship from the subs the contractor used on the PVC, and when the plumber came to the house to tear apart the wall to check the damage, low and behold I was right16.gif Thanks be to god he LOVED my system and told HER so, also that it was a VERY minorpossibility that the BASS could have damaged the PVC in any form6.gif So now it should hopfully be covered by the new home buyers warantee we bought with the house10.gif

Smilin

BTW the B4 was at least 2 feet away, heh heh heh but is now moved!!!

Guest Anonymous

----------------

Wow.....sounds like a nightmare over there Smilin. Sorry to hear about all of the post vacation chaos. I hope it all works out for you bud.

Yeah you are definitely rubbing off on me. I have been on a buying frenzy while you've been gone. In the past week or so I have bought a pair of Dynaco MK III's (on the way to NOSValves), the Scott 272 today (also on the way to NOSValves), a Sony ES DVP-NC555ES (NIB), and another pair of Cornwalls (77's). I am going to be buying a MapleTree Line 2A ES tommorow with all the mods. I am still looking to buy a pair of LaScalas locally (somewhere around 73-77's). I would like to be able to look at them and pick them up direct.

I got my 299D back from NOSValves today so I am looking forward to hooking it up and letting her rip tomorrow!

So goes my week.

----------------

PiranhaMan,

Just you and me bud, no competition, only Friendly admiration of each other expanding collections of STUFF

3.gif Ya know what I mean2.gif Ready,Set, Go, Lets Rock and Roll6.gif11.gif

Guest Anonymous

NOT

----------------

On 1/6/2004 1:37:50 PM Guy Landau wrote:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't wake him.

I finally enjoy the quiet atmosphere here
2.gif
----------------

Guy,

Just waht the hell are you Shhhhhhhhhh me about, huh, ya wanna make sumting of it2.gif

alright i'll shut upalready6.gif

NOT9.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/7/2004 3:19:56 PM Guy Landau wrote:

Cryin
8.gif"
----------------

Oh don't be a baby, cumon Guy smile16.gif BTW whatcha got to sell?2.gif

----------------

On 1/7/2004 3:00:57 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

Wow.....sounds like a nightmare over there Smilin. Sorry to hear about all of the post vacation chaos. I hope it all works out for you bud.

Yeah you are definitely rubbing off on me. I have been on a buying frenzy while you've been gone. In the past week or so I have bought a pair of Dynaco MK III's (on the way to NOSValves), the Scott 272 today (also on the way to NOSValves), a Sony ES DVP-NC555ES (NIB), and another pair of Cornwalls (77's). I am going to be buying a MapleTree Line 2A ES tommorow with all the mods. I am still looking to buy a pair of LaScalas locally (somewhere around 73-77's). I would like to be able to look at them and pick them up direct.

I got my 299D back from NOSValves today so I am looking forward to hooking it up and letting her rip tomorrow!

So goes my week.

----------------

PiranhaMan,

Just you and me bud, no competition, only Friendly admiration of each other expanding collections of STUFF

3.gif
Ya know what I mean
2.gif
Ready,Set, Go, Lets Rock and Roll
6.gif11.gif

----------------

I do admire your gear. I am jealous of your collection. I am just about done. With my two channel systems anyways. Does that mean I have to get started on an HT? I need to eat too!

Piranha- Congrats on the Mark III's! I just picked up a pair today! I paind $700 for the pair, but the condition of these are awesome. On a scale of 1-10, Iwould give them a 15! They were just dissasembled, recromed and upgraded 5 months ago.

Smilin- you lucky dog you. Free upgrades! Yes, the 507 kicks butt! I'll use mt slp meter next time I'm around my set-up (a couple days). I sit about 14 ft. awat, so it will be intresting to see how loud theses suckers play.

----------------

On 1/8/2004 1:25:41 AM risingjay wrote:

Piranha- Congrats on the Mark III's! I just picked up a pair today! I paind $700 for the pair, but the condition of these are awesome. On a scale of 1-10, Iwould give them a 15! They were just dissasembled, recromed and upgraded 5 months ago.

Smilin- you lucky dog you. Free upgrades! Yes, the 507 kicks butt! I'll use mt slp meter next time I'm around my set-up (a couple days). I sit about 14 ft. awat, so it will be intresting to see how loud theses suckers play.
----------------

Thanks. Congrats to you too.

What kind of preamp and speakers will you be using the MK III's with?

----------------

On 1/6/2004 1:32:12 PM Piranha wrote:

Haven't heard from him for a while? Did he make it back from vacation? I better buy all I can while I still have a realistic chance! lol
----------------

Ole Steve must be hard at work making the big bucks to buys some more toys. I better get off my butt and do the same.

I'll be using the preamp outputs on my B&K AVR-507 to drive my Chorus II speakers. I've heard that some people prefer to use SS preamps over Tubes preamps when using tube amps. I'll try this combo out to see how they sound. When $$ permits, I might try a tube preamp to see if there is a difference. I still have surrounds and a sub to buy! Damn new hobbies!14.gif

----------------

On 1/8/2004 11:47:14 PM risingjay wrote:

I'll be using the preamp outputs on my B&K AVR-507 to drive my Chorus II speakers. I've heard that some people prefer to use SS preamps over Tubes preamps when using tube amps. I'll try this combo out to see how they sound. When $$ permits, I might try a tube preamp to see if there is a difference. I still have surrounds and a sub to buy! Damn new hobbies!
14.gif
----------------

I understand. I have spent thousands in the past two months.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/8/2004 5:03:49 PM Piranha wrote:

----------------

Haven't heard from him for a while? Did he make it back from vacation? I better buy all I can while I still have a realistic chance! lol----------------

Ole Steve must be hard at work making the big bucks to buys some more toys. I better get off my butt and do the same.

----------------

Ya man, worked all week, now it's time to spend some $$$$2.gif3.gif

comon to chitown for the 25th if yacan11.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

Jay,

the 25th, come on by, we are gonna have

9.gif smilin time!

May have some new toys by then too!2.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/9/2004 3:23:07 PM NOSValves wrote:

Spend some $$$$ ????
9.gif
----------------

Ya man,

On New toys, not old one's like You have2.gif your work is already passe6.gif and Iforgot how much I

may owe U3.gif Hey did ya hook the 272 to the corn's yet? Ya need money today?9.gif

Call me and then go to your cash station buddy.

Smilin13.gif

----------------

On 1/9/2004 2:48:05 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/8/2004 5:03:49 PM Piranha wrote:

----------------

Haven't heard from him for a while? Did he make it back from vacation? I better buy all I can while I still have a realistic chance! lol----------------

----------------

Ya man, worked all week, now it's time to spend some $$$$
2.gif3.gif

comon to chitown for the 25th if yacan
11.gif

----------------

Well, after a weeks worth of hard work you certainly deserve to buy yourself something nice. Watcha looking for now Steve?

Hey. you never know? I may just show up if I can swing it. First off I would have to buy some winter clothes. All I have is shorts an t-shirts.

Will the Lakers or Dodgers be in town then? lol