For Sale: Fisher 500C

KCM

La Scala purchase forces sale 15.gif

This Fisher 500C receiver has a Fisher Doc Resto-Pak installed, except the coupling caps are Angela tin foils. FM recently aligned due to tube replacement in the multiplexer. Original output tubes, all small tubes are Fisher branded or Telefunkens. No case, sosmetics are pretty good - all lettering on faceplate and dial glass

intact, all brass knob caps are there, but some are dulled.

The original on/off switch built in to the volume knob is flakey. There was already a toggle switch installed in the rear of the chassis so I wired that as the on/off switch. The volume works OK, although if you wiggle the shaft the volume level changes a bit. A new volume control might be a good upgrade but I never felt it necessary. Pics available. Asking $275.00, shipped and insured in the continental US.

Ken

I've seen these go on ebay for more then this without the rebuild, and not even sure if it's working or not. Wish I needeed one right now.

I have a 500C and can verify that these are nice sounding units, a little on the warm side of neutral, but very non-fatiguing to listen to, with a tuneful, bouncing bass. Nice!

Dave1.gif

----------------

On 1/11/2004 7:43:29 PM DaddyDee wrote:

Well, I was thinking about it, but decided to take the "hole in the head" option which I need just as much.
9.gif

----------------

Dee,

I guess your willpower was as strong as mine today. I was thinking about that hole in the head issue also.2.gif Sometimes you just have to pass on those great deals but it's hard. If I didn't have the X-100 I would have nabbed it myself.

Great score Tom! I hope you have a place to use it. I didn't.

Gary,

Instead of rolling tubes you have to roll amps!3.gif3.gif3.gif

I've got like seven in my room here with me. This afternoon I veneered the base of mt ST-35 and converted it to "triode" mode. Then I watched the football games. Good thing I do not bet, I was wrong 2 for 2 in my picks.14.gif

Rick

Hey Tom...

I missed the beginning of this thread, but I don't need another one anyway!

Just to wet your appetite for what's awaiting you with your new toy, I'm running a Fisher 500C, and a Fisher 400, and a Fisher X-101C integrated amp through my Klipsch KG-4's (no, not at the same time!), and the sound is astonishing.

You picked a great piece of tube gear. You're going to love it.

Have fun!

Clay

• 6 years later...

Hey Ken, my name is Adam. im new to the forum, trying to purchase your old Fisher as a starter unit for myself to see if tube audio is what they say it is? do you still have this unit? and would you be willing to wait untill next friday for payment as i am paid biweekly? i also have a couple of pairs of Fraziers id be willing to sell/trade Monte Carlo's and Mark lV's. ive heard that guy's in the Klipsch community really go after these particular models? you can reach me at 803-476-7936 or adamt.clay@hotmail.com