I hate the man in brown

kuisis

I know this may be off topic, but since many of you ship and receive a bunch of stuff I thought I would as it here.

I was supposed to get a 299c and a cabinet from two of the forum member ups today. I checked their website and they said they were delivered at 3:22. I just got home now and no packages and none at the neighbors houses. I called ups and they say that I need the shippers home addresses, even though I have the tracking numbers. So I email the members and jump through more hoops to trace this stuff.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Tom, what I see from the UPS websight that the cabinet was delived, says on porch, check all around your house. Hope they didnt get the wrong address for some reason. Rest asured if they cant come up with your cabinet I will get you another one as quick as posible.The tube amp is what has me wondering how can both items from 2 diffent people get lost on the same day, I bet they delieverd them to the wrong address. I will email you my address and phone number right away to see if you can get to the bottom of this, let me know if I can be of any help. Will keep intouch with you on this.

Tom,

hit the UPS website and request proof of deliver with signature e-mailed to you. If they were delivered(dropped more likely) to your house and some smuck signed legibly for them, you might be lucky and get them back. Hopefully they were just around the corner on your side porch.

I had the same thing happen to me. Call them and calmly express to them the importance to you of the items.

FedEx delivered my package to the wrong address. A 'retrieval' took about 3-4 days. Good luck to you.

Keith

The more things get shipped to me, the more I don't like conventional shippers. I think the worst is the USPS. Everytime I've received a box from them it looks like it was thrown from point of origin to my house. The 299C is a great amp. I have one too. You will be surprised at how good that HK730 sounds compared to the 299, although the 299 does sound better. I guess it's a tube thing. I hope you get the packages today. UPS doesn't like to give the insurance money up too easily, so I'm sure they will look for it. Good luck Tom.

UPS once had to buy about $80 worth of clothing from Eddie Bauer for me. They said that they left it in my garage. It wasn't there. Any of my neighbors out here in the sticks would have brought it over to the house if it was left mistakenly at their place. End result: UPS will no longer leave packages at my house without a signed waiver. That's fine with me. I simply receive packages at work. Occasionally, a package will get shipped to the house, and when they leave a "we missed you" slip on the door, I just call the local office and have them ship it to work, which is easier for them anyway.

I have received 4 insurance claim checks from UPS for damaged goods. I've had no trouble at all getting paid. It's a bit of a process, but actually worked out good.

I received a McIntosh C28 one time that I knew wasn't working properly when it was sent to me. Out of the three pieces that were sent, that was the only one damaged. (I know, 2 out of 3 ain't bad) I sent it to Audio Classics and had it all fixed, including a new face plate, and the insurance paid almost the whole amount. They paid it to me too, since I was the shipper, technically, but not actually.

Remember, UPS always pays the shipper. If you pay for the shipping online and send the labels to the seller, you are the shipper, and UPS will pay you the claim. The only thing is that you have to trust that the seller will pack well.

Tom, if the package is lost, not to worry, I'll collect the insurance money and make sure I reimburse you so you can find another 299. It may take a little time, but we'll work this out.

Greg