HornEd?

Chris Robinson

Scott (Bruinsrme) and I have been asking this question over in the 2-Channel forum, but I know Ed spent most of his time here.

I haven't seen a post from him since May and am very worried. It was reported that his phone is disconnected as well.

I knew he was battling health issues and we all miss.

Does anybody have any news to share?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill, I went back to that thread as well. I think he was apologizing for being a partial catalyst to the "vigorous debate" that was ensuing over there. The result was that the General Questions forum got shut down for a while. It seemed to me that the passing he referred to was the end of the free speech. At least I hope so.

He then posted on 5/30/03 in a reference to PWK using false corners for his Klipschorn. That was his last post. Innocent enough.

Damn, I hope he's okay.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone had shared his name and I did a little snooping around.

Good news is that I didnt find anything. I looked through Obits and the Social Security Death Index.

The closest matches that came up were no where near California.

Just thought I'd share. I miss reading his posts--that's one crazy individual.

Believe it or not, my Klipsch friends, I have survived... prospered... and now at the age of 65 have found the love of my life in a 38 year-old enchanting Swiss beauty. We will be married on May 2nd, 2004 at a 110 acre resort I have purchased in the Santa Cruz Mountains of Northern California October 1st, 2003. As Chris mentioned, I have had and continue to have serious health issues... but somehow being in love has made me younger than a horn tweeter on a piccolo solo!

Actually, when I last posted in May 2003, I had come to a startling conclusion. Twelve years ago I was told by a panel of expert cardiologists that I would be dead in two years at the outside. And it was ten years to the day last May when my two years was supposed to be up! So, after preparing to be a dead person for the past decade, I decided to live a little... and now I am with a person that is 27 years younger than I and she wants to have a family!

While my health issues remain serious, some accelerated research into the problem has allowed me to make some important conclusions and work toward reversing some of the pain and problems that held me back. Having a good woman, however, seems to be a living incentive that even eclipsed my prized khorns! Sorry PWK, but I think you would understand what Swiss precision has done to my life!

My experimental Klipsch 6.1 theater entertains as many as 50 people a session and gets special exercise by bands that play their CD's in the theater after performing in the restaurant or on the outdoor stage. One of my diversions has been to build some pro outdoor and indoor PA systems.

I am in the process of building a 2,000 seat amphitheater that will cater to name acts. Additionally, I am negotiating to pick up a blind canyon adjacent to my property that will double the size of the resort. It has a running stream and seven waterfalls... and a wide assortment of forest... and a "two-hole golf course!" The 77 year-old fellow that owns the property cut a fairway through the trees and covered it with grass... then he put greens at both ends. It is kind of bizarre driving my 4x4 up a windy mountain road and then come upon a lush green fairway in the middle of a deer laden forest. Lately we have also been visited by coyotes... and last week a mountain lion.

Well, friends, as you may guess, I haven't had a lot of time to browse the Forum. I still spend about 40% of my time in "v-tac"... which means I try to either be flat on my back or hard charging! I have lost weight, had my hair and beard trimmed, and was in the midst of plans for another swimming pool and another 26-person hot tub. The new pool will be covered in the winter for more enjoyment. Adjacent to the new pool, I am clearing out an area that will become a health spa with estheticians, massage therapists, etc.

The restaurant has a spectacular view of the mountains across the San Andreas Fault... which is about 1,400 yards west of my property. The main clubhouse was taken down by the Loma Prieta earthquake of 1989... along with serious damage to a dozen or so cabins. But many of the damaged buildings (including the old clubhouse) were built when the resort started in 1936 or before when it was a winery.

The house near San Francisco was sold after it was clear that I much preferred rebuilding my health in the mountains. Oh, and I am just about twenty miles from the Pacific Ocean beaches in Santa Cruz... so I have been able to get some ocean swimming in as well. The resort is nestled in a unique microclimate just east of the summit (to avoid the coastal fog) and with a row of mountains between the resort and Silicon Valley (to keep out the industrial smog).

So, while working on the pool plans in the wee hours, I checked out my favorites to find an engineering web site... when my eyes saw "KLIPSCH" at the top of the favorites list... and I just had to share a few (hindered?) words in Klipsch camaraderie. It has been too long!!! -HornEd

3.gif

Horn Ed,

You long winded Bast_ _ _, I could smack you one for not letting us know that you are alive and kicking. You had me thinking the worst. We tend to forget that there is life outside this Forum, and I'm glad that your still following your dreams.

Your post brings a smile to my face this morning.

Goddam, it's good to hear from you! You sound positively svelte! Stomach flatter than a Swedish pancake? I've got some catching-up to do, it seems!

Will you be making regular visits to the forum? Have you updated your contact info (although with a 38 year-old wife who is wanting babies, you may not have time to post about timbre-matching)? How's Garth? Can we get together sometime? How about some pictures?? Is the wedding invite list finished???

Once again, great to hear from you. On my Mac desktop, I have an "Ed Dennis Info" file. I guess I will do some updating!

Allrighty now, my Super Bowl buddy came back from the dead (the news of your death has been greatly exaggerated indeed)! Glad the younger woman is putting a lil' pep in your step (as they often do...a 19 year old from our store is sizing up this 41 year old...I'm old enough to be her daddy...help!). Anyway, glad that your life is turning around for the better, and that Klipsch is still a big part of it. Best of luck to you, ol' man. You're doing much better than alot of us young whipper-snappers!2.gif

You crusty'ol dog! Taken candy from the baby. I love it! You go getr'tiger. Congrats. 10.gif

And yeah, you do need to check in from time to time. 7.gif. Everytime someone would post asking about you, I would just refrain from posting because I had always feard you were gone. Shame on you.

Man on man sounds like you have some great stuff going on in your life right now. I'm only about 12 hours away from you. Perhaps you myself and Fini and other could arange a meeting this summer.