(Pictures) It began in November 2002 . . .

WS65711

After longing for a big screen for several years, then waiting a few more years for HDTV to become really viable, I got the 65" Mits at Thanksgiving time of 2002. Shortly thereafter, the guys at the office started bugging me to "move into the new century, and get surround sound". Prior, I always had nice equipment, but always 2-channel.

Anyway, here are some pictures of where it currently stands. The most recent additions are the Klipsch, which I got in December. The Sony CD player and (gasp) Cassette deck are holdovers from the old system.

P1182735r.JPG

The system (exc. RS35's) in Hooker Furniture

P1182737r.JPG

Left side RF5 and SVS 2039PC plus

P1182738r.JPG

Right side RF5 and SVS 2039PC plus

P1182740r.JPG

Center Channel RC35

P1182741r.JPG

Pioneer Elite VSX-49TXi, DV-47Ai, Sony VCR

P1182742r.JPG

Sony CDP-608ESD, TC-K730ES

P1182743r.JPG

Scene from "The Two Towers"

P1182745r.JPG

Left side RF5 and SVS

P1182746r.JPG

Right side RF5 and SVS

If you only knew the pain we went thru to find that entertainment center!

And even then we had to order it from a catalog, we couldn't actually "see" it first.

The TV came first, then the furniture was ordered about 2 months later. And it took about 2 months more to arrive. It's adjustable, so it will expand about another 1" wider than my set. The shelf above the TV adjusts up/down in pegholes. The peghole it's in just clears the set. (I just wish that an RC7 would have fit on it).

The other receiver and DVD player had to sit on a folding table for about 3 weeks, waiting for the Hooker furniture to arrive.

We breathed a sigh of relief when the TV actually fit!

Dave

Thanks for the compliments . . .

Ironwoods,

Those are Incense Matches. I found them in the old entertainment

center where my LP's were stored. I ran across them a couple of

weeks ago when I was going through my LP's, readying them for sale

on this forum! But if I did have fish, I'm sure they would be BASS!

The film canisters are empty, I keep thinking I'll find something

to store in them some day. And that's a Space Shuttle cup, from

a Cape Canaveral tour two years ago . . .

Dave

Very nice set up ... my question is... what exactly are the SVS'S ? i assume they are some type of bass "enhancers" ? none the less very nice !

BTW ... anyone know how to connect a Eq to a Denon 3801 .. iam looking to EQ the fronts only . (sorry not meaning to highjack the thread) ... thx in advance .

----------------

On 1/27/2004 10:44:42 AM st. patrick wrote:

.......but dave, so where are you going to put the turntable??? looks great. thanks for the vinyl, patrick
----------------

Patrick -

That's the exact same question I asked myself!!! And then I decided to sell all of my LP's.

I hope you're enjoying them!

Dave

ws65711,

unless I missed something, what are you doing for rear speakers?

love my Mits 65" too.

did someone say 73"?

I could not afford or fit the 73". thats a monster of a set.

glad the 65" came in two parts. easlier to move downstairs where my set up is.

just curious, subs in corners, not boomy?

MBajner -

Although my receiver is capable of 7.1, I don't have any rear speakers hooked up. I'm using RS35's for the (side) surrounds, but I didn't take any pictures of those. For now, the wiring to the surround speakers is not hidden, it drapes down the wall . . .

Q-Man -

Surround wins out for movies, for sure. But my 2-channel setup still had a slight edge for music. The addition of the Klipsch speakers to the new system however, gets me closer to the (music) sound I had before with my large self-built speakers that I had for the past 20+ years.

Dave

Hooker makes quality furniture, well-designed for its purpose. I use three of their open deep-shelf bookcases, to hold books, musical scores, and LP albums. Like what you've done with your electronics, one of them also holds the pre-amp, tuner, and cassette deck. All neat and homey-looking.

Larry