Would Paul Klipsch have liked this?

BEC

----------------

On 1/30/2004 4:30:32 PM TBrennan wrote:

It was said PWK used to wear 2 watches, I forget why.

----------------

If I recall the story correctly, wasn't he an avid pilot? He often wore three watches, as I recall. One set to the local time, a second one set to the time where he was going to fly to, and a third set to GMT (Zulu) time.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but that was how I remember it being explained to me this past summer.

Yeah, a dual watch like that would be real handy if you do alot of traveling/business that requires keeping track of time in two different time-zones.

Mr. Paul would have LOVED it! I think Miss Valerie would have, too, because her sweetie would have looked more elegant.

Steven is correct. The multiple watches began as an aid to flying. i have always had a watch with multiple time zones for the same reason.

Then pass me whatever it is your on.....

Many, many years ago when my Grandmother had the family Christmas Party\Family Reunion at her house the main focus of the party was in the finished basement with a wet bar and the works. On one of the walls was an oversized pocket watch clock (~10" dia.) that ran backwords with the numbers being backwords too. This was quite teh confusing puzzle for this lad of 4 years old.

----------------

On 1/30/2004 11:04:28 PM mungkiman wrote:

Tom,

Was your grandfather a barber? I remember sitting in the barber chair as a kid, looking in the mirror, and seeing a "regular" clock. Of course it was the reflection of a clock like you have described. Just curious.

----------------

Naw. My grandmother just had this little hobby for clocks. She came from some "old money" anyway. Her mother was a lady named Yanny Verdin of the Verdin Bell Co. http://www.verdin.com