Personal attacks

Dflip

Well, it didn't take long after the warning was dropped from the top item in each of the forums for some members to start with the personal attacks.

We don't all agree, nor should we, BUT there is no need for the personal attacks describing people as crack users. If you're having a bad day, go to bed, have a good sleep and post your comments after some time for reflection.

For a couple of weeks members made valuable comments on issues without trying to "one up" one another. It worked because the administrator threatened to take away posting privileges. Unfortunately, some members here would rather take cheap shots at others for their own personal gain, than assist those who are looking for help.

Don

I am very new to this site, stereo equipment and even computer postings,,, so there is nothing I can give to help this forum.

I am here to learn. To allow others to help me. To build a system from nothing. In the short time many people have been absolutely wonderful. I have seen friends helping friends. Adults helping children. And strangers (like me) spoken to with respect.

When words are written for the purpose of harm, I leave the forum. If it continues, any one worth having will slowly fade away.

Disagree like men. With RESPECT and REFLECTION.

Troy

Huh? Just read only the last post...whatcha talkin' about?

Trolls who mean to do harm or to personally attack other forum members have no business here and should be banned! But it can be a daunting task for a single moderator who'd have to read through every single post and determine if said individual truelly deserves to be banned...Not an easy task as of late considering all the BS being flung at one another!

Don't be to quick to blame any newbies for all the garbage posting, the seasoned members are just as much if not more to blame.

Why would a person even bother posting if they knew the answer ahead of time ? yet some veterens here make it sound like " HEY " thats the first thing to check !! or ya everyone knows that !! Making one wish he'd never started a thread. Why bother having a forum then ?

It's no wonder some feeling get stepped on around here . This place is like a scratching post for some old crusty ego's . No better than dirty old men waiting to pounce on young girls in the park.

Hijacking of threads has become common place so the daily gossip can be shared

Then you have to sift through all of it as your topic gets buried.

I'm all for some newbies dropping in and even more for some old members to find another hole to hide in .

Walker----No need to pounce on young girls when I can pounce on you, you're easier. You go out and spend 275 bucks on patchcords and don't even know that patchcords often cause noise and I'm an *******? You don't have the sense to start at the easiest and most obvious things but you know enough to spend big money on "interconnects". And now you're crying because an old man gave you a hard time.

TBrennan. I much prefured your comments before you went back and edit.

" Poster boy for stupidity." yup thats me

Your right , i'm an idiot and i'll not waste any more valuble space on this board.

I bid a fond fairwell to all my past friends here . 02/09/04 DALE

----------------

On 2/9/2004 11:56:53 AM DALE WALKER wrote:

Your right , i'm an idiot and i'll not waste any more valuble space on this board.

I bid a fond fairwell to all my past friends here . 02/09/04 DALE

----------------

You'll be back.9.gif It's nearly impossible to not wonder back here.9.gif.

----------------

On 2/8/2004 11:10:51 PM garymd wrote:

Hopefully he'll be gone soon. Everyone just needs to ignore him until he is banished.

----------------

Awwww c'mon Gary, I wanted to play with the troll. So whadduya say? Can I huh? huh? Please canni huh? Huh? Huh? Pleaaaaaaaaaaasee! bounce.gif

Haven't you guys figured out that FL stands for Flocking Loser!

I swore this place off myself a few weeks ago after a wicked phone conversation with Craig and then a seething email to the bastard. The idiot wanted to "kiss and make up". I went from being so pissed my hands were shaking to laughing my arse off in 15 minutes. In a twisted kind of way, hanging out here IS almost like being married -- bliss and torment all day long.

Bottom line however is that you can't really say goodbye to old friends.

C'mon Dale, at least your amps don't keep catching on fire.9.gif

I've been coming here for a number of years now, but dont post all that much. I spend most of my time just reading and trying to learn. I often get a kick out of the my di** is bigger than yours arguments that happen,but never get involved in them. When someone gets that verbally abusive, they loose credibility in my eyes and pretty much get ignored from then on. Their post get passed over as do their comments. I think maybe once a couple of years ago I reported someone to a mod for "proper disposition". Some forums have an ignore list option so you can automatically weed out someone whom you dont get along with. It would be handy here too it seems.

(AS s side note, I just noticed my post count should be several hundred, and I've been coming here since 98...maybe I should start a raving ranting fit...)

----------------

On 2/9/2004 11:40:43 AM TBrennan wrote:

Walker----No need to pounce on young girls when I can pounce on you, you're easier. You go out and spend 275 bucks on patchcords and don't even know that patchcords often cause noise and I'm an *******? You don't have the sense to start at the easiest and most obvious things but you know enough to spend big money on "interconnects". And now you're crying because an old man gave you a hard time.

----------------

Real nice !! Almost as nice as the garbage you left on his other post.

Go back and re-read what dale was saying ( on the other thread ) , you'll see he was patting his friend craig on the back and thats all.

You jump in like a super hero and crash his parade. Real nice again ?

As for spending $275.00 on cables ?? I spend more than that on a bottle of wine to wash down kraft dinner, so that point is mute !

----------------

On 2/9/2004 12:12:50 PM cluless wrote:

----------------

On 2/8/2004 11:10:51 PM garymd wrote:

Hopefully he'll be gone soon. Everyone just needs to ignore him until he is banished.

----------------

Awwww c'mon Gary, I wanted to play with the troll. So whadduya say? Can I huh? huh? Please canni huh? Huh? Huh? Pleaaaaaaaaaaasee!
"<a
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/bounce.gif">

Haven't you guys figured out that FL stands for Flocking Loser!

----------------

OK Clu. He's all yours!2.gif I think you're too late though. He seems to have dissappeared.

BTW - Where've you been lately. We've missed you!13.gif