Definitive Technology vs Klipsch

Kyler Cavers

----------------

On 2/16/2004 6:29:51 PM TheEAR wrote:

arthurs,

Well we can still talk Krell
1.gif
Krell amps at least do not pose a real threat to Aragon,as Krell is way up there.
9.gif

----------------

#ifdef SARCASM

Screw that overpriced junk! Krell if way overrated anyways. B&K, now that is another story. People with taste uses B&K 11.gif

#endif // SARCASM

----------------

On 2/16/2004 1:43:17 PM RFinco wrote:

----------------

On 2/16/2004 8:42:26 AM minn_male42 wrote:

def tech's latest marketing strategy.....

go on audio boards and preach how good these speakers are.....

RFinco....... you are sounding more and more like a salesman......

----------------

Minn--you need to just let go. have you tried deep breathing exercises? I hear they help.

I'm a great salesperson, but I'm not one by trade, nor do I have any affiliation with Def Tech. I just think that there are all these valid opinions out there that say something other than what you have said or what you support. Does this mean that there is a "wrong" or a "right" here? No, it doesn't-It means there is difference of factual opinion. and if you think factual opinion doesn't exist, or this is something I've made up, then we never will see eye to eye or even "agree to disagree" for that matter. I'm guessing you're a "my way or the highway" kind of person, which is a shame because your refusual to see validity in the things you don't agree with is an incredibly limiting viewpoint, and will keep you from many great things and people in your lifetime. And if this viewpoint doesn't apply to you, and I've been hasty in my summation I do apologize for speaking out of turn, but, keep in mind--I only know what you have shown me thus far.

----------------

i need to let it go? you are the one who keeps going on and on about your def tech speakers on a klipsch forum.....

we all know you love your speakers..... great!..... but we really don't care......

if i want to read about def tech or any other brand of speakers i will seak out those forums/message boards appropriate to that brand...... not on a klipsch forum.....

expressing your opinion is fine..... i welcome it with open arms.... once or twice..... more than that you start to sound like a salesman.... i've seen it before on this forum as well as others......

maybe it's just coincidence that we now have a new user policy on the top of every forum referring to sales/promotions on this forum.... the very next day after i made the comment "you are sounding more and more like a salesman".....

i think not......

----------------

On 2/16/2004 9:12:02 PM BBB wrote:

Hey Russ.Maybe it just takes a ROCKET scientist to understand where you're coming from. he he he he he
11.gif
----------------

no...no...don't say the "R" word.... or you're going to get me all riled up..... i've been pretty mellow so far....

some of those very fanatic "R" owners got me banned from avs forum for just asking some simple questions... and then the next week there was a "special rules for this forum" sticky.....

lol....

1.gif

LOL....

no short fuse..... but i have noticed that they must have changed marketing tactics..... not much online anymore in the mainstream forums like there used to be.....

people are discussing real speaker companies....where you can actually go and hear the speaker before paying for it...(SVS excepted)....

1.gif

they produce a unique product..... as far as i am aware no other subwoofer manufacturer produces the cylinder style subs...(i may be wrong)..

they also have a very strong following across all forums.... no one preaching the "svs religion"..... just very many satisfied users... not matter what speakers that they use the svs subs with.....

they have an excellent reputation on the web..... i've never read anything negative about the service and/or the product.....

would i buy one?..... undecided..... i still wish they would develop a dealer network so i could go hear one before i bought it.....

no flames!

1.gif

We are, however, concerned that the Klipsch Forum has become a marketing tool for our competitors. In fact, some competing manufacturers have gone so far as to list the Klipsch Forum as an option on their web site for how consumers heard about their products.

rocket44.gif

True SVS took the Hsu's idea and applied it to their woofers.No ROCKET science here,and also HSU was making cylinder subs much longer than SVS.Fact here

SVS guys are better in the marketing departament,and yes they started offering more hard core designs for subhumans like me and many who took SVS over HSU.

I respect SVS because they make their subs in the USA and still offer AWESOME value for the money and most HSU subs are made in China!

Come on people let me drive a 22 wheel truck with a giant gasoline tank into this fire. 11.gif

Move over...

----------------

expressing your opinion is fine..... i welcome it with open arms.... once or twice..... more than that you start to sound like a salesman.... i've seen it before on this forum as well as others......

maybe it's just coincidence that we now have a new user policy on the top of every forum referring to sales/promotions on this forum.... the very next day after i made the comment "you are sounding more and more like a salesman".....

i think not......

----------------

I think you are a paranoid fool to be honest with you. I am not a sales person--and obviously, by the way you communicate neither are you--and if you are--i guess its proof that it can snow in hell. I can't believe how much of a jerk you've been to me. I also love how you feel you can speak for everyone around you on the forum.

as I've said above, if you'd bother to actually read something instead of just mouthing the words--I'm on here because of the expert level of audio expertise that is provided by those who know what they are talking about--you...well, I'm starting to believe that you won some speakers at a carnival and you happened to like the name because it was easy for you to pronounce.

you think not....hell...I don't think you think at all. take your opinions, ball them up real tight and stick them somewhere dark and uncomfortable on your person.

as far as your sites "policies" go, I really don't care-its not my being here that enacted them, its your paranoia.

I wanted nothing more than to be civil with you, but its obvious that you want to fight-and if this is the case I'm more than capable of doing so, but I'd rather not. Nothing gets acomplished, and besides--its just opinions based on courage due to antonimity. if we were face to face I'm sure things would be far more cordial and we could see each other's point, and it would have never degraded to the level that I brought it to in the above message, but we're not face to face so at this point I'm willing to push as far as you like.

I like what I like, you like what you like. Fine.

----------------

On 2/16/2004 11:35:19 PM RFinco wrote:

----------------

i think not......

----------------

I think you are a paranoid fool to be honest with you. I am not a sales person--and obviously, by the way you communicate neither are you--and if you are--i guess its proof that it can snow in hell. I can't believe how much of a jerk you've been to me. I also love how you feel you can speak for everyone around you on the forum.

as I've said above, if you'd bother to actually read something instead of just mouthing the words
--I'm on here because of the expert level of audio expertise that is provided by those who know what they are talking about-
-you...well, I'm starting to believe that you won some speakers at a carnival and you happened to like the name because it was easy for you to pronounce.

you think not....hell...I don't think you think at all. take your opinions, ball them up real tight and stick them somewhere dark and uncomfortable on your person.

as far as your sites "policies" go, I really don't care-its not my being here that enacted them, its your paranoia.

I wanted nothing more than to be civil with you, but its obvious that you want to fight-and if this is the case I'm more than capable of doing so, but I'd rather not. Nothing gets acomplished, and besides--its just opinions based on courage due to antonimity. if we were face to face I'm sure things would be far more cordial and we could see each other's point, and it would have never degraded to the level that I brought it to in the above message, but we're not face to face so at this point I'm willing to push as far as you like.

I like what I like, you like what you like. Fine.

----------------

LOL....

thank you for your mature response!!!

expert level of audio expertise????

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

and yes.... it is my paranoia that caused the moderators to change the forum policy..... LOL....

keep it up... i haven't laughed this hard in days!!!!!!

i'll keep it simple.... speaking for myself.... no one else.... i don't care about you and your POS def tech speakers....

and right now i'm going to go over to the def tech website and post on their forum about how great klipsch speakers are.... oh yeah.... it seems that def tech doesn't have any forums...
8.gif

is that why you wandered into this forum?...looking for someone to talk to about your "wonderful" speakers????

looking forward to more of your "audio expertise" in future posts...... LOL....

what a loser!!!!!

RFinco is my friend offline, and he is not a DefTech salesman. Yes he got defensive when people dismissed DefTech as total crap. This is my favorite online community because people are generally pretty cool and I've met some new real-world friends here; however how should someone take it when they are told they are Wrong, when we are talking about a subjective matter? It becomes a religious argument with dirt flinging.

Close this thread or something?

I'm going to watch Fight Club on my system, keep saving my pennies for Heritage, and keep in mind that there is other good gear out there. (Just not for me)