Definitive Technology vs Klipsch

Kyler Cavers

Russ--

I never said I was an expert--you obviously can't read. I said that I'm on here because of the people that are experts and that I value what they have to say.

you're a bit slow it seems. thats about all I can say now because everything else is lost on you. you can't even understand what I write, or any sort of inflection of language, and so communication with you is obviously impossible.

so, go home--put on a silly hat, do whatever it is morons do. Good luck. Godspeed.

take your own advice oh great literate one...

" take your opinions, ball them up real tight and stick them somewhere dark and uncomfortable on your person."

or didn't i understand what you were saying?... did i miss the inflection????

no worry.... i'm sure you will explain in much greater detail.... for us slow people here

----------------

On 2/17/2004 12:15:18 AM RFinco wrote:

so, go home--put on a silly hat, do whatever it is morons do. Good luck. Godspeed.

----------------

Will you two KNOCK IT OFF? Geez, it is like two little kids over here gettting into a cat fight over over who's "richard" is bigger. Sounds like I'll have to take away both of you guy's speakers and make you have to live with Bose for a couple of months 6.gif.

Please, at this point, I don't give two $#!+s nor a damn which is "better", Def Tech or Klipsch. When it degenerates into name calling, at that point, it really doesn't matter. Sometimes makes me want to sell my Klipsch and get some Martin-Logans instead. Yeesh!

----------------

On 2/17/2004 12:32:17 AM TBrennan wrote:

I can make a very good arguement that the large Def-Tech speakers are closer in design philosophy to PWK's notions of good speakers than many current Klipsch products, especially the RFs, are.

----------------

I am certain you could, but at this point, I really don't give a damn. I like the sound of my Reference 7's and I am going to leave it at that. 12.gif

----------------

On 2/17/2004 12:32:17 AM TBrennan wrote:

I can make a very good arguement that the large Def-Tech speakers are closer in design philosophy to PWK's notions of good speakers than many current Klipsch products, especially the RFs, are.

----------------

You might make your very good arguement TB,but you ain't gonna make em' sound better to me,I heard em'.

9.gif9.gif9.gif11.gif9.gif

----------------

On 2/17/2004 9:26:30 AM arthurs wrote:

I don't know what all the arguing is about....clearly we all realize Polk is superior to either Klipsch or Def Tech.....

....come on, it's a little funny....
9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

----------------

Really? There was this one guy that thought Paradigm was the end-all and be all of speakers. But then again, there are those that think Bose is the best 11.gif9.gif. We all know just how exquisit an audio experience that only such a fine speaker as Bose can deliver. 11.gif

Russ, Ironically, my take on the new policy is that it is in response to SVS. SVS DOES ask if you heard about them thru the Klipsch site when purchasing.

Also, I will certainly be the first to concede that you have somegreat insight and are a valuable forum member but, man, do you have a temper. I reread this thread a couple of times before opening my mouth - calling this guy a Def Tech salesman does border on paranoia. Hey we can all like thinks in addition to (or even other than) Klipsch. Say it once, say it twice, say it 20 times, who cares? I surely don't mind hearing about the merits of non-Klipsch products. I also happen to appreciate reading about favorable reviews of other products if that is not info. I would happen upon in any other way. In fact, that's how I came to SVS...on the Klipsch site.

RFinco's first post was opinionated, sure, but he is entitled to that. He wasn't even that heavy handed in that post ("Now then: do the def techs sound as good as the HERITAGE line by Klipsch--not for music or soundstage presence by any strech of the imagination.").

This thread had some hope until he was blasted for his preference ("Case Closed").

Im starting to regret putting this post on, it seems i've started some bitter arguments over brand names, this is where I say STOP!!!!! all I wanted to know was what you guys "thought" of the two companies, and frankly, I was most interested in the "EARS" response as he is viewed with alot of respect, so thanks again for all of this interested information guys. And everyone, be thankful that were not listening to durabrand HT4000's in a box that don't come with working surrounds 95% of the time

lmao, I love my system3.gif

----------------

On 2/17/2004 2:56:13 PM Kyler Cavers wrote:

Im starting to regret putting this post on, it seems i've started some bitter arguments over brand names, this is where I say STOP!!!!! all I wanted to know was what you guys "thought" of the two companies, and frankly, I was most interested in the "EARS" response as he is viewed with alot of respect, so thanks again for all of this interested information guys. And everyone, be thankful that were not listening to durabrand HT4000's in a box that don't come with working surrounds 95% of the time

lmao, I love my system
3.gif

----------------

I think that was a legitimate question, but considering this is a Klipsch forum, it is not surprising that you'll get the usual, "I've listened to Def Tech, but think Klispch is better." type response. It is actually nice to hear an opinion from the "other side" in the case of 'RFinco'. Since I've never had any real experience with Def Tech, I could not comment on the myself, nor did I want to attempt to rebutt 'RFinco's opinion.

All I know about Def Tech is what I've read about them on the 'net and in the press. From what I can interpret from what I have read, it seems they have a more laid back, refined sound than the Klipsch, and a pretty expansive soundstage. With those built-in powered subs in the towers, I can imagine they are not hurting in the bass department either. As to the quality of that bass, I don't know.

It would be interesting to compare how they sound to the clarity and detail that I get out of my Klipsch. Unfortunatly, nobody in this area sells Def Tech speakers, and I don't feel like driving up into DC or down to Richmond just to listen to a pair of speakers I am not interested in buying.

You ought to try asking in one of the more "generic" forums such as AVS Forums or HT spot, or even the message forums over on the Sound and Vision website, and see what kind of answers you get.

As you learned real quick, it does seem that speaker preference do seem to turn into somewhat of a holy war. Now, if you want to see a really good fireworks show, go to one of the above mentioned forums and ask "What do you guys think of Bose?". 11.gif

----------------

On 2/17/2004 4:30:56 PM skonopa wrote:

As you learned real quick, it does seem that speaker preference do seem to turn into somewhat of a holy war. Now, if you want to see a really good fireworks show, go to one of the above mentioned forums and ask "What do you guys think of Bose?".
11.gif

----------------

Yes, in fact, go ask about Bose in the 2-channel forum. I've been beat up in there for even hinting that I heard something that I felt was in the same league as Klipsch.

----------------

On 2/17/2004 5:44:22 PM damonrpayne wrote:

Yes, in fact, go ask about Bose in the 2-channel forum. I've been beat up in there for even hinting that I heard something that I felt was in the same league as Klipsch.

----------------

Heck yeah! I tell you what - you don't ever want to get caught dissing the K-horns over there in the 2-channel land. You think people are fanatical about there Klipsch here or even in the HT section. 6.gif11.gif