Is It Ever Enough?

bchild311

There is this phenomenon that I have a theory about and I'm just wondering if anyone/everyone has felt it too. I notice that I tend to grow into each different phase of my stereo system. Beginning from my first setup which was a small turntable/speaker combo box when I was 4 yrs old. What I mean is that on initial setup of new equipment I am always blown away at the way sound keeps getting better and better. After a few months/years my ears grow accustomed(go deaf) and it seems like the setup isn't good enough. So it's on to the next best thing right? I have a reference series setup right now, and I'm already thinking about Heritage and what some La Scalas or Horns may sound like.

So, I guess it will NEVER be enough. At least until we're all deaf right?

----------------

On 3/5/2004 11:05:26 AM bchild311 wrote:

So, I guess it will NEVER be enough. At least until we're all deaf right?

----------------

Huuuh? Eeeh? Did someone say something? Lemme check my batteries in my hearing aid. Aahhhhhhh, that's better. Enuff, you say? Naahhh, don't recall ever hearing their music but I've heard ppl say Enuff Z'Nuff is an OK band. Hope this helps sonny.

----------------

On 3/5/2004 4:52:59 PM wheelman wrote:

I think wanting something and pursuing it is more rewarding than actually getting it. It seems like the funs gone after the hunt.

----------------

The hunt,thats what its all about.Then you get fat and don't want to hunt for a while.Then you get hungry again.

----------------

On 3/5/2004 4:52:59 PM wheelman wrote:

I think wanting something and pursuing it is more rewarding than actually getting it. It seems like the funs gone after the hunt.

----------------

Yeah, here I sit with the money in my checking account ready to go and I just can't seem to make myself buy anything. I'm terrified of sitting in the middle of all my new stuff and saying to myself, "Jeez, this doesn't sound all that much better than my old stuff...why didn't I buy something else instead?".

----------------

On 3/5/2004 6:15:56 PM wheelman wrote:

the reward is great, but it is all about the hunt for me. I could have the so called best system in the world but i still would want to buy another one.

----------------

Need to fulfil some desire of purchase??? 9.gif

Don't go there yet because you will have to upgrade your equipment to keep up. It doesn't end with the speakers.

A great speaker will not sound like a great speaker unless it has a good source driving it.

Aw, heck! Get the speakers first - you'll find out I'm right!

DM2.gif

----------------

On 3/5/2004 9:24:46 PM bchild311 wrote:

Well it's easy to get confused. Chicks and speakers make a good combo. Too bad the chicks don't dig it like we do though.

----------------

Some of them do. To bad their wasn't more though. I turned alot of women on to them.1.gif

You DO get to a point where you realize that if there is anything better, you either can't afford it, or it's not really "better -- but more like a lateral upgrade. Sometimes the big money goes out, and you realize you just went in a big circle -- almost ending where you started. I will say this, if you're gear is fairly decent, upgrade money should go towards speakers. When it comes to Klipsch -- bigger is "better".

Yes you're definitely right, the reference series setup is killer, I'm quite satisfied ... for now.

I'm having thoughts of Rotel separates with Heritage speakers though. That's got to be absolutely crazy sound. Maybe those with that type of setup can describe the power.