Klipschorn dimensions, and inspection tips?

fini

Congrats again Fini. Nice to see a fellow "Klipschaholic" get what he deserves.,,,, The Best!!

Great find.

You might find the WAF is not as bad once you set em in the corners.

BTW, Older Frank Sinatra (if you like him at all) is just amazing cranked up while your fixing dinner. Not to mention it is just different enough your wife/ GF might get in excited whats in store for the rest of the night! Tony Bennett a close second.

Indy,

You know, it's funny about my wife. I sat her down last night in the sweet spot, you know, to show 'em off, and let her hear why they're so special. She thought they sounded nice. When she got home from work tonight, I told her about posting the picture, and all the complimentary responses I got. She said, "Did you tell them how underwhelmed your wife was?" Ack! Talk about poppin' the bubble. Then came a scowl: "I would have never spent my money on those!"

Oh well. You guys think I done all right!9.gif

Maybe I will have to pick the CD or LP next time...

My wife had a slightly different reaction when she heard mine (ours) probably due to the price I (we) paid for them.2.gif

The one comment she made when I first hooked them up was, "Yeah, they are better then the cornwalls. You don't need to close your eyes to hear the voice coming from the middle." It's the only positive comment she's made and she's shown very little interest since. It's a guy thing I guess.15.gif I envy the guys here whose wives get excited over audio.

I think Gary may have hit the nail on the head. I asked my 13-year-old daughter (who loves music, and usually takes my side) if she'd like to be the one inheriting Dad's Klipschorns. She asked, "How much are they worth?"8.gif

• 3 years later...

I think Gary may have hit the nail on the head. I asked my 13-year-old daughter (who loves music, and usually takes my side) if she'd like to be the one inheriting Dad's Klipschorns. She asked, "How much are they worth?"8.gif

My two kids started the audio "inherit war" several years ago. At one time, I thought about being buried in the bass bins as a solution. But what the he**, have them earn it. My will requires them to move my system into whatever last public place where my body is viewed (perhaps some of my audio buddy's could help) ........and play my life cuts at max volume. I want to be the first on my block to have "Machine Gun" played at 120db in a Baptist Church. No dis intended, just want people to smile as they remember my sorry arse.

tc

Do you think it is because they love us or are they waiting for the life insurance?6.gif

Rick

Rick,

Too funny and perhaps too true. For my little vultures, it ain't about the money, it is about the gear.[H] No trendy little ($) cubes for my thugs, they were raised with and require the large footprint units. Perhaps I was a good father after all?

tc

I thought about being buried in the bass bins as a solution.

Now that would doing it with supreme style. Picture two Klipschorns - bottom to bottom connected. The deceased in the bins, with the drivers moved over to the inspection panels, amp and a CD player with a big battery back-up to give about 30 minutes of Pink Floyd's - "Free Four" and maybe, "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap". Now that would certainly qualify as a unique way to head out to the Great Klipsch Showroom in the Sky....