Klipschorn dimensions, and inspection tips?

fini

Fini,

I've been trying to imagine loading something as heavy as those bass horns (even w/o HF tops on) into your pickup. Chris has given you some good advice here.

When I went to pick up my Khorns I'd decided to rent a UHaul trailer (well I'm from Arkansas, so it's Y'all Haul here) and was really glad. I could load them intact onto a low cargo floor, padded nicely and tied in. I think it was about $40 bucks for a one way of $150 miles. I had help loading them, but was able to unload them easily by myself.

Those aren't birch. Definately walnut. I have the same ones from 1979. How much are they asking for them?

fini if it's a nice day and no rain forcasted you can transport them standing up providing you don't have a cap on your truck. Turn them face to face with the forward one back to ...That way the wind won't be driving into the horns.

I have a small truck also and transported my khorns this way for about 30 miles with no issues at all.

Use rachet tiedowns to secure them.

Good luck

R = 1977 How excellent. you've hit the jackpot, fini.

Take a pair of pliers and a screwdriver, plan on taking them apart. It's nothing to get the HF cabs off the bass bins, I did it by myself in a gas station parking lot. The whole deal is just much easier to handle that way.

How far are they?

They are 1977 ® and (O)iled (W)alnut.

fini - you deserve them QUIT DICKING AROUND - HOP INTO YOUR PICKUP AND GO GET EM !

PS.

100 miles away ? My Khorn Rescue Road Trip was 700 miles and I would do it again ! - and mine looked like hell even in the sellers pics but the sound ............

----------------

On 3/5/2004 10:36:16 PM Clipped and Shorn wrote:

fini,

what year are these exactly?

Let me know if you need help, I could tag along on the back of your truck on a skateboard on the way back.....space permitting....

C&S

----------------

'77! Cool! I think a ride on the lumner racks might be safer, though...

EDIT: "Lumner racks?" I meant lumbar...now thatwould be spine-tingling!

----------------

On 3/5/2004 11:47:20 PM lynnm wrote:

They are 1977 ® and (O)iled (W)alnut.

fini - you deserve them QUIT DICKING AROUND - HOP INTO YOUR PICKUP AND GO GET EM !

PS.

100 miles away ? My Khorn Rescue Road Trip was 700 miles and I would do it again ! - and mine looked like hell even in the sellers pics but the sound ............

----------------

C'mon, Lynn! Dicking around is what I do best!

I will be heading to Sacramento Monday afternoon, in the minivan, with two grand in my pocket. I'll be bringing some equipment as well, since they're not hooked up (and supposedly only have about 50 hours use in their 27-year life!). Do you think they'd freak if I brought a whole tube 'n' vinyl rig, taking hours to set-up, adjusting VTA, tracking force, etc.? Maybe it'll just be a clock radio. I'll have to talk to Doug Drake regarding hook-up...

Congratulations "fini" on a new beginning! Welcome to the wonderful world of the fully horn loaded... you'll know your there by the sway of the van on the way home! My best to the fini family of great spaghetti biters who now will have thier Horns of Plenty! =HornEd

----------------

On 3/7/2004 10:50:35 AM HornEd wrote:

Congratulations "fini" on a new beginning! Welcome to the wonderful world of the fully horn loaded... you'll know your there by the sway of the van on the way home! My best to the fini family of great spaghetti biters who now will have thier Horns of Plenty! =HornEd

----------------

Sure that's not 'swagger of the van' ? 3.gif

fini, take false corners and room treatments as well as welder's goggles and a blowtorch. Show him you're serious!

Forrest

----------------

On 3/7/2004 2:38:59 PM Woodog wrote:

----------------

On 3/7/2004 10:50:35 AM HornEd wrote:

----------------

Sure that's not 'swagger of the van' ?
3.gif

fini, take false corners and room treatments as well as welder's goggles and a blowtorch. Show him you're serious!

Forrest

----------------

Forrest,

Good idea! If I can convince them to leave me alone in their house, I'll do a whole "While You Were Out" number on the place!