Rare and Desirable Klipsch

tubeglow

I am wondering if there are any Klipsch that are especially coveted by collectors/afficiendos? In all areas of collectables, there seem to be certain models or designs that had very limited production that have a certain cache that make them worth a whole lot more than other models. P.S., I certainly can't afford anything like what I'm asking about nor am I trying to solicit someone trying to sell me something like this; just really curious if there are certain models, styles, finishes, etc. that fall into the category of what I'm asking about. Mark.

I own a pair of 82 heresy's; better get them back from my sister before she reads this stuff. Bought them new when I was working in Europe in the early 80's. I really liked them for many years but why are the 82,s any different than any other Heresys of that era? Mark.

----------------

On 3/12/2004 8:58:45 AM HDBRbuilder wrote:

1977-1983 Heresys, Cornwalls, and anything else I built...very rare and desirable!!
2.gif

----------------

Andy, Talk about stock going up! I sure wish you could swing by Little Rock to sign the backs of the Oak LaScala's.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 3/12/2004 2:25:42 AM TBrennan wrote:

The 82s have the most desirable combination of treble drivers---The K-77 tweeter and the Klipsch designed and built, integral horn and driver K-53 midrange instead of the inferior K-55 "bullhorn" Atlas driver.

That and the fact I just bought a pair. :-)

----------------

Tom, do you at least LIKE the heresy's you bought from me?6.gif I know you don't like my 27215.gif but it really has gotten beyyer sounding since you listened9.gif

----------------

On 3/12/2004 2:25:42 AM TBrennan wrote:

The 82s have the most desirable combination of treble drivers---The K-77 tweeter and the Klipsch designed and built, integral horn and driver K-53 midrange instead of the inferior K-55 "bullhorn" Atlas driver.

That and the fact I just bought a pair. :-)

----------------

I'll swap a pair of K-53's with horns for a pair of K55's with K-700 horns with anybody that wants to upgrade.1.gif

Rick

The 50yr anniversary (sp?) edition Klipshorn looks pretty good. That would be my candidate for future collectors.

I have heard that some people prefer the 70's Klipshorns as they use phenolic drivers. I have heard that referred to as the "classic" and therefore preferred sound.

DM