She don like them LASCALAS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 3/15/2004 2:10:55 PM DeanG wrote:

The RF-7 may not be able to hang with the Klipschorn, but it easily bypasses the Cornwall in almost every area.

----------------

Maybe playing Chevelle at 125dbs! I've never a/b'd or owned RF7s but have heard them quite a few times. I just don't buy it.

----------------

On 3/15/2004 6:09:56 AM Vital wrote:

"Have you tried both speakers in a side by side comparison? I am not doubting you, but I am curious to know why you differ?"

How could you doubt me, it's my personal opinion. In a 2 channel shootout, the RF-7 would blow the Scala away in many HT and music situtations. As a matter of fact I think the RF-7 would win the majority of the time in a blind shoot-out. All modern movies would have the RF-7 wiping the floor with the Scalas. You would swear there was a sub in the room when the RF-7 was playing, it digs that deep. Want to play hip-hop, dance, trance or anything of the sort, the RF-7 again would be wiping the floor. Just like the Scala would kick butt with other types of music.

So, that is why I beg to differ. It is a give and take and the RF-7 can most certainly look the Scala in the eye IMO.

----------------

Dream on! I think that heresys with a good sub would destroy the rf-7's.

When I heard the RF-7's at Ultimate Electronics I thought that they sounded ok. They had really good bass BUT I think that the high end was rather muffled sounding. I was really expecting a lot from these speakers when I listened to them and I got pretty disapointed. I don't know what the deal was, maybe they had something set wrong. Maybe I am used to the tweeter that is wasy too much for the heresys and caused the RF-7's to sound weird (or wierd can't remember how to spell it) to me. Eventually I will go there again and take another listen and maybe they will sound better. But from the way they sounded at the store I would NEVER buy a pair.

Hey Doc. Have you heard any of these Heritage speakers yet? Some day you're gonna have to come WAY UP NORTH to visit!

I can still score a pair of mint birch Cornwall I's for ya for just $600! That's a no-brainer, you can always sell them for that or more when you want to upgrade. These poor Corns are just sitting not being used. If you don't buy them soon, I'm going to have enough time one of these days to go get them myself and put them on ebay.

Greg

Shomaker -- I can't possibly imagine what was going on there to have you walk away with that opinion.

I'll probably end up with another pair of RF-7s or something from the Priemer Series someday. I still think a good two-way can do some things that not even the best 3 or more ways can touch.

One more thing, seriously:

Get a house where you each have your "own" room.

She can have her fooferah and you can have your LS's.

It is healthy and productive. Keep you stuff out of "her" living room, and all will be well.

Otherwise, my advise is: BAIL NOW.

Not having La Scalas is going to be the least of your worries!

DM

I will second D-Man's advice. My wife and I live in two adjacent houses. She has her nice quiet enviroment and I have my sound system. Occationally during the summer, when the windows and doors are open, I get complaints from her to turn down the system.

Jim N

----------------

On 3/16/2004 2:13:37 AM DeanG wrote:

Shomaker -- I can't possibly imagine what was going on there to have you walk away with that opinion.

I'll probably end up with another pair of RF-7s or something from the Priemer Series someday. I still think a good two-way can do some things that not even the best 3 or more ways can touch.

----------------

I have to agree with you Dean. Although I prefer my cornwalls to the altecs overall, there is a depth to them that the corns don't have. I don't know if that's due to the 2-way design or some other reason but they sound mighty good turned up REAL loud. They don't hurt your ears like the cornwalls sometimes do.

Okay....okay...just kidding,

We live in an apartment until this Nov. when we move to Tampa or St. Pete, and ...........probably into another apt. Hopefully not though.

We have our bedroom and with her closet...and "my" room with my closet... it's the media room....nothing atop my speakers....I can't stand for that

it's nice, computer/stereo setup, futon, and we had a nice wood coffee table that I finished until I had to move things around to accomodate the drum kit LOL. I like being able to practice but the room was just so mellow with the low circular beautifully stained table etc.

"That rug tied the room together man" ala The Dude from the Big Lebowski

Anyway....Greg....600$ Corns...although I am a newbie, my newborn Klipsch-sense is telling me this is a deal.....! If I can get my money together in a month will you still have them. What finish do they have??? More info more info...I salivate Klipsch-drool!!!! And, Greg, how far north of Portland are you...I would really love to come up this this week or next. I know it's short notice but also this trouble I have been with sound card amp etc. it would be great to see & hear something that works...I could eye those corns too. I have thurs, fri, sat, & sun off this week. And next week....fri, sat, sun, mon.

DC

DC