Reciever replacement

dantfmly

I thinking about replacing my aging reciever. i have a yamaha rx-v2090. I would like to know what some opinions on a good replacement for it would be. I'm thinking about yamaha rx-v2095, rx-v2400, dsp-a1 Harman/kardon avr8000, avr630,and denon 3803, 3805. anybody have any opinions on the models i'm am looking at or any other suggestions. my speaker are mains: klf-20, center: rc-3II, surrounds: heresy II. thanks for any comments

----------------

On 3/23/2004 9:38:53 AM captain wrote:

Pioneer VSX 49txi, I can't imagine anything better.

----------------

Good lord man thats a 4500 dollar reciever. did you notice the price range of the ones i mentioned. 1.gif the vsx-53tx looks to be about what i want to pay. i'm try to met the reciever i have now in quality, I know that the newer ones will have a lot more features. In 1997 when i hooked up a 300 dollar yamaha reciever to my setup and compaired it to the 800 dollar pioneer reciever i had at the time, and the yamaha won by a large margin, i have a tendency to want to stay away from pioneer. elites are the only ones i would even consider.

I went from the RX-V2090 to the RX-V3000. I have had this receiver for quite some time now. GREAT receiver, crystal clear/clean and powerful sound.

(I still have the 2090, but now it's in the bedroom)

Mike (The Yamaha/Hsu underdog)

----------------

On 3/23/2004 10:14:08 AM Mikekid wrote:

I went from the RX-V2090 to the RX-V3000. I have had this receiver for quite some time now. GREAT receiver, crystal clear/clean and powerful sound.

(I still have the 2090, but now it's in the bedroom)

Mike (The Yamah/Hsu underdog)

----------------

If i do this i will be selling the old reciever and dd decoder first and use that money plus whatever i can squeeze out of my wife. to buy the new one. does the rx-v3000 sound better then the rx-v2090. Thanks for your opinion.

Both of these receivers sound excellent. The RX-V3000 sounds more powerful and detailed due to the wattage difference in the surrounds etc. It also uses Burr Brown dacs on the front 3 channels.

In 2 channel, they sound very similar to me.

If you liked the 2090........ you will love the 3000.

Mike

I got a denon 2803, And it sounds great, you could the 3803 or the 4803 and still keep it under a grand. I had the 1803 beore that and loved it. My choice would be a denon. But I am not a pro, or at least I thought I was till I strolled over here. Many posters here have much much more knowledge than me.

Good luck

----------------

On 3/23/2004 9:32:49 PM James D McCall wrote:

How much you give me for a 7-month-old VSX-55TXi?

...that is, if I ever get it out of the shop.
7.gif

----------------

how much do you want? I can get a brand new one for $900. What is it in the shop for?

I read the instruction booklet last night for my reciever i have now, which i have not done since i first bought it. I have bought new speakers since then and did not know about some adjustments I could make. Can you say WOW! what a difference. before most of the sound came out of the center even for music. I changed one setting and the music surronds you much more. Changed the pro logic cente from normal to wide. nbormal is for a small center channel which i used to have. i changed it over to wide which is for a larger center. Wow what a difference. hooked up sub directly to dd decoder and that makes a differnce for movies. but have to manual unplug LFE from reciever when i do that. or i get two imputs into sub when i play movies. The LFE on the reciever is derived from the front channels. So i listen to a true 5.1 signal finally, even if the surround channels are week. 35 watts. compaired to 100 for the front.

There is a few on your list I would/did drop quickly,there are a few that are pretty good.I can't tell you how much difference there is between names v sound,but its alot.Listen for yourself because I have listened to highly acclaimed avrs,statements like goes great w/Klipsch,only to be disapointed.Only you can decide the sound you like best.

----------------

On 3/24/2004 8:30:21 AM marksdad wrote:

depending on budget b&k easily beats all avr's mentioned, do yourself a favor and spend some time auditioning, once you buy it you will have to live with it, so you might as well be satisfied
12.gif
----------------

How much does a B&K receiver cost? Just curious.

John

If you want to save a ton of money. Then just look at the denon forsale sign. It sounds great with my klipsch's. If you like the blues i do not understand why it sounds so good for that and my harman sounds a touch better for the heavier stuff. 250 shipped if you live in the US and have a paypal account. If i could sell my Harman locally i would be happy to keep this denon and ad a rotel amp. I like the looks of it better. I think i will be adding a rotel amp to one of them regardless.

----------------

On 3/27/2004 12:00:55 PM Mikekid wrote:

This looks like a very nice used RX-V3000.

But,then again,the problem is: If you buy it and don't like it, or have problems with it... you are stuck with it.
6.gif

Later

Mike

----------------

thats the perfect price. thanks. thats alright about it breaking and being *** out. because the same thing applies to me right now. my reciever is 7 years old. i love the sound out of mine right now. especially in two channel. just in Dol,by digital the rear channels are weak. I need a reciever with some power in the rear. 35 watts just isn't cutting it with 100 watts up front. and i want to replace two components with one. I'm tring to shrink down the amount of components i have. I used to have 9 components. I am now down to 7 and tring to go down one more. thanks for the find also.

If you decide to get this receiver, be sure to ask the seller any and all questions you have before you bid. See if he guarantees against DOA. Looks so nice though, doesn't it?? I think you will love it (If you decide on it)

The remote looks new to me as well. Mine has some faded lettering due to use. Especially the "volume" key

9.gif

http://www.yamaha.com/cgi-win/webcgi.exe/DsplyModel/?gAVR00010RX-V3000

Mike

Dan(?),

-just kidding about selling my Pioneer, although I would be tempted if I could come out OK, but I can't. I paid $1125 for it and could not afford to sacrifice it right now. It's supposed to be fixed within the next couple of weeks, anyway.

I would look closely at the new Denon 3805 and Yamaha 1400 / 2400 if I were you. They both have a nice auto set-up system that includes parametric eq.