Home depot speaker wire

wheelman

Well i just got some 12 guage on sale at .30 cents a foot. Well I am surely not impressed. Monster original smokes it. Xp might even beat it so far. Tara labs Klara is above all of them with my equipment. So far i am not seeing thicker being any better or same size being the same no matter what. Tara hands down the best for the money that i have experienced so far. I will give the new cable some burn in time. The Tara sounded fantastic right off the bat. So i don't buy into any Bs about speaker wire doesn't matter. No way no how that is just a bunch of bs.

Whatever to each their own. On a positive note the home depot has reduced my hum in my center channel. Either that or i managed my wires much better. Whatever the case am not messing with it. I virtually have no hum i can hear unless i get up to the speaker.

I have researched this issue exhaustively and have discovered that the electrons used in Home Depot 12 guage speaker cable are superficially similar to those supplied in wire provided by other suppliers ...but in reality the wire supplied by home Depot is deficient as compared to higher end products. Home Depot being a huge chain exercises considerable influence with its suppliers in the area of cost and electromicroscopic analysis has established that the wire retailed by HD ( unknown to them ) does in fact use Class B electrons which are the causative factor in the inferior sonic character of their .30/ft 12 guage speaker wire.

Fortunately,only the supplier of the 12 guage had indulged in this shabby practice and the same tests that revealed the substandard electrons in the 12 guage wire revealed that the 22 guage speaker wire contained only the highest possible grade of electrons.

Sometimes a bargain awaits even for the uninitiated.

Ah ha! You were only Foo Ling... but I was falling in love... with the laminar flow of B+ electrons invigorated with inverted silvery m00nlight connectors across a grate of green (arsenamide) Heronimous Bosch contacts creating a 12 gauge shotgun welding of wired technologies!

The concept was further deliniated when the Drake led a team of Whistler-Swan scientists in 2000 that published a widely acclaimed study indicating that during the magnetic reconnection process, a two-layer flow of particles is created that speeds the release of energy. In this laminar flow theory, "whistler waves" cause the essential meet plasma that is pulled along by the slinging field lines to divide into two streams, one of A- electrons and the other of ionized atoms as I recall.

Thus, such Lynn-M-ent Logic soothes the extended commute effect in electron-microscopy of one's gluteus to the maximus... curing inflexibility and iliotibial tract tightness at the cost of degradation of the A- electrons by one-quarter gradient. Hence, the Home Depot VSLI B- electron acquisition provides the convincing thirty-scent per foot node modal test data.

Yep, Forum Friends, one has to get up pretty early in April to read Foo Ling at 1200 BCE! 2.gif HornEd

When I built my Heritage HT almost two years ago, I wired it up with Home Depot 12 ga and, I have slowly been replacing it, because it is turning greener by the DAY. The caseing has also turned nearly rock hard.

I have my Khorns and center replaced, and have yet to do my sides, rears and subs. I am SO GLAD I ran PVC conduit to my speaker locations so I can easily replace my wire.

The HD 12 GA is cheap CRAP. I would never ever buy it again.

JM

Heh, funny stuff.

Remember what McIntosh used to do: They used to use zip cord to hook up their gear at shows and the like, and would ship some gear with wire, but audiosnobs (not audiophiles) started complaining, and McIntosh started using boutique wire, and that was that. Anyone want to tell me what 'hi-end' wire Mr. Paul W. Klipsch used on his speakers, anyone? 9.gif

I noticed the home depot has a harder edged sound not so smooth or open. It seems to pronouce the mids more in the harsher area. I am no expert but this is what i hear. I am sure it needs some burn in time. But it does have a thicker jacket. I am wondering if this has to do with the reduced hum or i just managed my cables better this time. It's going to have to work for now untill i can afford something different. Cheap Aq type 4 stuff. Is that audio quest?

Oh no.

I said that I would never get into this debate....but......

I had been using 20 year old 10ga. Polk Audio. This wire had been moved from one home to another and at times was installed below the floor in a crawl space. It was very green.

I re-wired with 12ga. Monster in-wall. I got a hot deal (not much more than HD) on 200f, so I went with it. Nice cover, very flexable and easy to work with.

The results? Well I just can't tell at this time and I have been listening to it for about 60 days.

To say that wire makes no difference is something that I can't buy.

It does make a difference. It is different. After 60 days, I just can't tell if that difference is better, worse,or just different. I will keep listening.

Terry

----------------

On 4/11/2004 6:11:22 PM IB Slammin wrote:

----------------

On 4/11/2004 6:04:40 PM TBrennan wrote:

Wheeler---Burn in time? With wire?!? Please explain how that works.----------------

I was wondering about that myself.

TC

----------------

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

My expience has been that home depot 12 gauge wire far exceeds monster XP 16 guage wire that i used to own. It also far exceeds any moster cable in the performance to cost ratio. When you have a strict budget as i do these days that is what counts. Judging by pictures of what i have seen of what HD wire used to look like I think they are using different wire now. the cover is a lot thicker now. So i will just have to wait and see if it turns green like the stuff i have seen about it. I'm not really to worried about that though. all copper corrodes, but at 30 cents a foot this. is a lot cheaper to replace.

----------------

On 4/11/2004 6:15:12 PM kenratboy wrote:

----------------

On 4/11/2004 6:11:22 PM IB Slammin wrote:

----------------

On 4/11/2004 6:04:40 PM TBrennan wrote:

Wheeler---Burn in time? With wire?!? Please explain how that works.----------------

I was wondering about that myself.

TC
----------------
Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

----------------

That's what every speaker wire company tells you their wires need before they smooth out and sound better. Some interconnects i have do keep sounding better. But i don't know about speaker wire i would imagine if the interconnects do. Speaker wire does make a difference and if you don't believe that or hear it. Bad for you because your missing out.