Juicy Music Blueberry Part II

sheltie dave

----------------

On 4/15/2004 7:18:38 PM paulparrot wrote:

----------------

On 4/15/2004 7:06:54 PM Guy Landau wrote:

The BB had great reviews, OK, no need to chew it over and over again - It seemed like you're paying the guys to write that and use the place as a marketing tool..........

----------------

Sad sad sad. GaryMD and Sheltie Dave do not deserve to be slandered. Oh well, like Craig says, these posts show very clearly the kind of person you are.

----------------

Thank you, Paul. You just did the same.

BTW, It started long before that. Need help with the math?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 4/15/2004 7:21:11 PM bclarke421 wrote:

But to be fair, I don't believe that Guy was suggesting that anybody was actually paid for their favorable comments.

----------------

Interesting spin there, Ben. What part of "It seemed like you're paying the guys to write that" don't you understand?

Guy:

"With all the respect that I do have for your knowledge, I have to remind you that it is still a public forum and it is not run by you. I have my opinion, you have yours and we both entitled to say them. "

I do not quite recall anything that would actually qualify as an "opinion" per se, seems like we are comparing apples and oranges, or should I say blueberries and prickly pears.

c&s

Guy, can't you even just apologize without hurling an insult.

"Selling a classic, early 80's, tube, Paragon 12 preamp. Designed by legendary Bruce Moore."

This sentence was in your first post for the ad. Craig then said that "Mark had something to do with it", and it was pointed out that the site you used specifically mentioned the Model 10 in the design context -- not the model 12. Certainly the Model 12 incorporated the basic design of the 10 -- but in the form of a manufacturable, useable, finished piece. The thing to realize is that these preamps were collaborative efforts, and Mark showed a lot of class by giving full credit to Moore. I don't know, but in my career field, "consultants" are just that. I can't think of one example in my experience where "the consultant" has total control, or receives full credit for the completion of any project.

So, who designed the Moondogs? Welborne? What about the other myriad of products out there that are built on other foundations? Who do we give credit too? Obviously we give credit to both the originator of the design, and the one who makes the design stable and world class. So, Orville and Wilbur got us off the ground, but we don't give them full credit for the Lear Jet.

The ironies of ironies here to me, is the so blatanly obvious surface similiarities between the Paragon and the Blueberry. Same type knobs, same switches, same simple layout. Either Mark doesn't have an original thought in his head, and couldn't come up with anything better or different on his own -- or we can deduce at least this much: Mark got to pick the knobs and switches to be used on the Paragon.9.gif

I hope Mark doesn't wring my neck for saying this, but the thing that should be obvious to you is that Mark just really doesn't want to talk about it. Yet, you insist on being obtuse and picking at the scab.

I was the one who originally "unmasked" Mark, and now I feel bad that I did it.

Mark,

Many of us here feel like we are the Blueberry's uncle. We have watched it from conception through gestation and birth. Right now it is facing it's Baptism and Confirmation (bar-mitzpha

EVERYBODY LIMBO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!1.gif

Rick

Edit: Re-reading that makes me glad you didn't call it the Monkey pre-amp from King of the Jungle Music. Well, I'll be a Monkey's uncle.9.gif

Mark : You seem like a kind and very wise man ( although we have never spoke ) , please do not let others sway your offerings. I for one lurked this place for quite some time before jumping in a few years back and have always enjoyed your technical imput when offered.

I also have a good memory , How about when board members started buying up these used mark III's like they were on fire . I fondly remember kelly kwoofing at the idea of spending $500.00 buck for a pair of these , now craig rebuilds them like crazy and how many forum member own them ??? For that matter craig even based his new amp party on there design.

How about when JFL was introduced to us by kelly ?

Now we have board members with his pre-amps and tube amps, all great stuff.

My point is all of us here can do nothing but benifit from the offerings of other forum members , don't let the trolls get under your skin. You have way to many friends here that you don't even know .1.gif

Next Tuesday, the 20th of April, my wife will be in training all day and I'll be home playing/experimenting with my gear. Anyone in the MD/DC/VA area who would like to help and at the same time get a taste of the blueberry is welcome (may require heavy lifting). Please pm me if anyone is interested.

Steven, Fred, Bryan, Griff, Ed and anyone else I may have missed. You are all welcome. I'm hoping to get other ears in here.1.gif I'll call or email you guys in case you don't see this.

Well I went to the parents with a new 5AR4. pluged it in to the dammed St70 and nothing happend. No glow, no vibrations. No BB sound what so ever. SO two nights of 30 minute dirves and still no tunes. I am done. The BB is in the garage and will be mated with the 240, MM7 and CES333 tomorrow. Dave you and your JVC can eat your heart out.

Craig, the Scott299D go to dads for the Khorns and the ST70 and PAS3 will soon be headed your way. Nothing like pissing me off with no tunes to get things rolling.

This weekend I hope to get a review off. It is going to be hard to beat the Scott and Cornwall sound I have now. We will see.

Craig, I will PM you this weekend. I want the Dynaco combo to out shine the BB and 240. What do you think? It will be Khorns vs. Cornwalls.

----------------

On 4/15/2004 8:59:56 PM DeanG wrote:

You haven't shoveled anything down anyone's throat.

Need me to build some crossovers for you? I'm sure any problems you are having in your system are related to that.
9.gif
----------------

Thanks for the kind offer Dean but I'll pass. I just got a pair of JBL 076 tweeters that I thought to experiment with (but you already know that). I'll probably end up selling them for a 200% profit. Intersted in better tweeter for your Khorns, Deano?2.gif

----------------

On 4/15/2004 11:23:49 PM tillmbil wrote:

Craig, I will PM you this weekend. I want the Dynaco combo to out shine the BB and 240. What do you think? It will be Khorns vs. Cornwalls.

----------------

Bill,

I hate to say it but there is no way heck that is going to happen. I'm good but I am not that good there is hope for the ST70 but it can and never compete with the MC240 in sheer might now sound Qualtiy which is subjective it may have a good chance. Now the Pas 3 against the BB you have to be kidding right? Cornwall's against Khorn ? your really like to match the openents up fair Heh 2.gif this is like taking a dull knife to a gun fight.

Craig

Sheltie,

Excellent part 2 of the review - thanks. Any chance of some more, with emphasis on the music played and the percieved effects on that music against some of the other stuff you have there and so on.

Very impressive list of equipment BTW - you must have done nothing else all week but play with the system!!! Not a bad way to spend a week - I wish I could.

Guy, MD et al.

I am very glad to see the hatchet is being buried - it was starting to ruin my enjoyment of the forum.

MD,

Seems like you have assembled a pre par excellance there - congratulations. Actually I had no idea of your long history and experience - so this has been a doubly beneficial learning experience for me.

One day - when I am feeling brave I may ask you for an honest opinion on the ZTPRE - but not just yet.

Like others I say - keep the info coming. There are several of you on this forum that make a living / sell products and services relating to the business of stereo. This adds rather than detracts from the forum (when your not fighting amongst yourselves that is - not aimed at MD that one), and I am sure that should Klipsch feel it is getting out of hand they will let us all know.

Congrats again - and as someone else said here - I feel that a contribution was made by many here (even maybe something from me - if only with regards to the appearance) so I want to see it succeed and the only way I have of knowing is through this forum.

All,

What is the main pleasure you get from the forum?

For me, one of the most important aspects of being here, being part of the familly, is to watch others develop their systems into ones I imagine sound fantastic, often from very average roots.

To observe the growing joy members get from their improvements, alongside that often consequent broadening of their music tastes is what keeps me coming back here time and again.

People like Mdeneen, Craig, Dean and others are an integral part of this process, as are others that offer only advice, input and the benefits of experience.

Group hug everyone!!

I've been logged-out through most of this,though read a lot in near-real-time...like many other threads of late.Many of us can relate to Max's point about the wealth of expertise resulting in good systems derrived from "common roots". Even we novices are experiencing music otherwise unknown, because a double-and-a-half handful of you guys are top-notch & pitch in, even when it gets heated & testy. My days are better from your helping me put a pretty good combination of equipment together, & better understanding some of the whys & wherefores.

I'm looking forward to the gathering at Dee's. It will be great to hear Craig's amps. I hope to get to hear your pre, Mark. I also look forward to sharing the JFL amps & some time with the guys I've been listening to for a while.

SSH