Wife goes out, buys vinyl, asks me to find TT, WTH?

Tom Mobley

My lovely wife, who previously seemed to view my audio habit as a sort of mental condition that might be helped by therapy, yesterday calls me at work asking if it would be OK with me if she buys all these albums she found at the public library. Turns out these not regular library loaner items, but someones personal collection they donated to be sold. Wants to know if I can find my turntable. whodathunkit????

I know right where it is. It's a 77 Yammie with a new Stanton cartridge, hardly ever been used. :)

Can I give you my wife's phone #? Yours can call mine?

Way to play it cool Tom. I think I'd have a hard time holding back my shock and suprise if my wife did that. She does order lps for me for my birthday but that's different. She's just desperate to find a gift.2.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 4/17/2004 1:29:20 PM gullahisland wrote:

The wives are really comin' around these days - except for Smilin's, anyway!
9.gif

Good for you Tom! I hope that your answer was a resounding YES?
10.gif

----------------

Yaknow, I cannot complain, she has let me keep 3 pair of corns, the svs b4-plus, and is letting me upgrade to a better looking more $$$$$ tube 2-channel system....all the while we are waiting for her surgery, and my moms bone scan,

ct scan, and biopsy results....she really is fantastic, I just like to biatch alot I guess12.gif (I really love her and would not trade her for 10 mil$$$$(11 mil maybe)

OTOH Tom, you are indeed a lucky man, congrats, and see if she will request you to buy a NEW TT11.gif11.gif

BTW Gullah, do you want the 233?6.gif

----------------

On 4/17/2004 3:27:41 PM Tom Mobley wrote:

huh? whassa buff?

----------------

Oh, C'mon, Tom! Next you'll be saying you don't know who Richard Hatch and Jeff Probst are...

----------------

On 4/17/2004 4:12:23 PM Audio Flynn wrote:

Audio Flynn-ism

"Chicks of "horny" guys can be awesomely sweet".
----------------

Flynn, you got that right!!! If you give them "what they realy want", our audio obsessions are justified in their minds. It took me over 30 years to figure out that a good piece of a$$ justifies our hobby/obsessions. They can be awesomely sweet and still submit to 30% of the income devoted to sound reperduction.

Not to offend ladies. I am the male-pig. If you girls can cook....than you are good for two things.......

Please do not contact my wife.

Terry

Tell me about this wife thing. I'm the guy that put the '79 Cornwalls on eBay last Sept., Mint with boxes. People start emailing me trying to get me to hook them back up and make sure all the drivers work and what kind of crossovers they had. I had only heard them at the Moving/Yard Sale with some soft Jazz at low volume. I bought them for purpose of resell. Well when I hooked them up and popped in some Peter Gabriel, "Sledgehammer" was the song she heard I believe, that was all she wrote. She said forget it those speakers aren't going anywhere! The only way you would get them now is if pried them from her cold dead hands! Man did some people ever get ticked but when I assured them that I was keeping them they were pretty okay with it. Been meaning to get around to telling this for awhile but just hadn't taken the time. She now let's me buy LP's and CD's at yard sales. My best LP finds lately are Cheech & Chong - "Big Bambu" with the rolling paper still in it, a Roy Ayers - "Fast Money" 33 1/3 Single, Come Dancing With the Kinks 77-86 and The Who Live at Leeds with all the papers in it.

Grateful

Grateful;

i am sure you have better stories than that.

My wife digs Petr Gabriel as well on my Chorus II.

I bought the 2nd and 3nd SACDs via accoustic sounds and will play them for her tommorrow.

A freind made a favorable trade for a Sony SACD player.

And even a Sony troll like me will open up to SACD and my wife will willingly come along for the ride.

Rick

----------------

On 4/17/2004 9:50:31 PM Grateful11 wrote:

Tell me about this wife thing. I'm the guy that put the '79 Cornwalls on eBay last Sept., Mint with boxes. People start emailing me trying to get me to hook them back up and make sure all the drivers work and what kind of crossovers they had. I had only heard them at the Moving/Yard Sale with some soft Jazz at low volume. I bought them for purpose of resell. Well when I hooked them up and popped in some Peter Gabriel, "Sledgehammer" was the song she heard I believe, that was all she wrote. She said forget it those speakers aren't going anywhere! The only way you would get them now is if pried them from her cold dead hands! Man did some people ever get ticked but when I assured them that I was keeping them they were pretty okay with it. Been meaning to get around to telling this for awhile but just hadn't taken the time. She now let's me buy LP's and CD's at yard sales. My best LP finds lately are Cheech & Chong - "Big Bambu" with the rolling paper still in it, a Roy Ayers - "Fast Money" 33 1/3 Single, Come Dancing With the Kinks 77-86 and The Who Live at Leeds with all the papers in it.

Grateful
----------------

Grateful, thats what i'm talkin about. All jokes aside, my wife is a listener. Now that I am in to mods and improvments, she is my point of reference. She has had Klipsch sound for 35 years and is very critical.

Very. I love it when the *****es(sorry,ladies) are realy into it.

TC