12,000 dollar horns

Budman

just a thought, if i remove my gas fireplace insert and installed one of these horns in its place, 6000 instead of 12,000 then install my gas burner in the horn, with one watt of input power I could have one hell of a flame

----------------

On 4/17/2004 5:09:30 PM paulparrot wrote:

These 24 foot long horns really show the genius of Paul W. Klipsch's folded horn. These speakers on eBay aren't going to pass anyone's WAF. Thanks for sharing, Budman.

12k.jpg"
----------------

If they sound as outrageous as they look......the wife has been around for 34 years....never had horns like that......wife 34 years....horns like that, zero.....wife 34...horns zero...wife 34....horns....ah well...wife..horns.. ahh...well...

never had horns like that

tc

There is little doubt that PWK was a genius, but what kind of person would design such ugly horns???

If I wanted somthing bigger that Klipsch, then the original Voice of the Theater speakers would probably get my vote. These monstrosities probably would not get a second listen.

Bill

----------------

On 4/17/2004 7:59:09 PM MrMcGoo wrote:

There is little doubt that PWK was a genius, but what kind of person would design such ugly horns???

If I wanted somthing bigger that Klipsch, then the original Voice of the Theater speakers would probably get my vote. These monstrosities probably would not get a second listen.

Bill
----------------

Bill, shouldnt it depend on how they sound? I have VOT 511/902-16A's atop my '75 Cornwalls. They look bad to most housewifes, but sound incredible. If sound reproduction is about how it looks in our home.....lets buy a nice painting. Should great sound reperduction be in the "eye" of the beholder or should it be in the "ear"?

TC

At some point the appearance and size of speakers needs to be considered. I am skeptical that these speakers could sound good enough to convince me to keep them over K-horns or RF-7s. There is likely to be a better alternative available IMO.

As I stated, it is unlikely that I would bother to listen to them a SECOND time.

Bill

----------------

On 4/17/2004 9:34:01 PM Piranha wrote:

These horns go hand in hand with Rocky Mountain Oysters.

----------------

Pig nuts? WTF...9.gif

They were obviously designed for theatre and auditorium use, but they're butt-ugly in that beautiful room! The wife probably said, "It's either them or me".

I would've replied, "It's my way or the highway, beeoch!"11.gif

Guess the dude's gotta grow a pair if he's gonna stand up to the missus, me thinks! Ya gotta have a healthy pair to put these in your music room.

Wonder how they sound, though...