JBL 2404H

John...Nice finish...Also good comparison between 2404 and T35 size I have a pair of T35 in chrome. I wonder what the 2404 would look like chromed. John did you get the other T35 project written? Any one do a plot on the newer JBL Be tweet that looks like a mini T35 ???? I understand it goes out to 40K It was seen on the JBL Japan site.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 5/1/2004 8:21:38 PM Maron Horonzak wrote:

John...Nice finish...Also good comparison between 2404 and T35 size I have a pair of T35 in chrome. I wonder what the 2404 would look like chromed. John did you get the other T35 project written? Any one do a plot on the newer JBL Be tweet that looks like a mini T35 ???? I understand it goes out to 40K It was seen on the JBL Japan site.
----------------

A chrome 2404H! I wouldn't want to see chrome plated plastic! (yuck)

Yes, the project is written and was accepted by Dell back in late Feb. Not sure when it will be published, I thought the May issue but no.

I saw the Be JBL tweeter. Big bucks too.

John... Yes I guess it would look like a cheep plastic chromed Cadillac. But that JBL Be would fit nicely in the K77 slot with miner cabinet brackets. Who cares about the price thats cheap compaired to a gallon of milk.

WOW!

Reminds me of those Altec's they allowed me to play with in high school. The older two speakers (that matched the two mounted high in the auditorium) were that color of grey. They had black horns and a grey cloth over the bass drivers. The newer models were black with a black vinyl fabric exterior covering somehow bonded to the plywood underneath. Those were portable had handles, covers for the fronts (for when they were being moved), chrome edge guards, and could be pole mounted on single pole tripod portable speaker stands.

Thanks for the memory guys.

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 5/12/2004 9:41:35 AM formica wrote:

Thanks John... it's definitely a project which has captured my curiosity.
4.gif
----------------

The 2404H drivers are about $540/pr. new from a JBL pro dealer. The network components, as shown on the schematic I provided, are around $40. The stands are labor.

So for about $600 and a little labor you get the HF response of a $20K/pr. of speakers.

Agreed. Very cool.

John, I was wondering if you were still running the JBL 10's in place of the squawker in your K-horns? I guess what I'm really curious about is whether this mod outruns the K-55? Do you have some general thoughts here?

Dean....I can answere that..The K55 cant hold a candle to a pair of JBL 2123 10" (per side). You can cross over lower too (if need be). Or If you got the big bucks than going to a mid driver with 2" throat like TAD 4001 or 4002 & big a$$ wood horn. & not get mutch better than two 10' mid range speakers. (some 8" speakers can also do this B&C.)