Topic for tomorrow's boardroom meeting: the Forum

sheltie dave

Shoot, that means I will be getting sued. I have a set of Army jump pants that have knee pockets that go from my waist to my knees. These pockets are so deep I haven't been able to get out used kleenex and hard rock candy from five years ago. Anyone who successfully sues me will have to dig at their own peril2.gif

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dave, does this mean you have the dreaded "Excessive Pocket Lint" disease? Try throwing them in the pool for a few days, that'll soften the stuff up. They'll still be deep though. Try thowing them in the shallow end, maybe the shallowness will rub off on them.

OK fini, there you go, soft one right down the middle.

----------------

On 4/18/2004 10:56:28 PM NOSValves wrote:

----------------

On 4/18/2004 10:52:18 PM DaddyDee wrote:

Heck, I've even invited dozens of people to my house, that I met on the internet!
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif">
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif">
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif"> ----------------

Daddy

did you ever think you would say the above statement a year ago ?? You should heard the first time I told my wife that I was having somone I met on a internet forum come by are house. It was a experience to say the least. Now there is at least a dozen members of this and other forums that stop by all the time.

Craig----------------

i also have had/invited forum members to my house,and met them where i work as well.

this is a place where i tend to trust those i come into contact with.

avman.12.gif

----------------

On 4/19/2004 11:40:22 AM cluless wrote:

Henry - All this time I thought your avatar was some kinda deranged soft serve ice cream cone.
----------------

That's a new one. Most think it is some sort of sex toy (therefore my looking like it...)

Signed,

Boy Toy

Paul,

Not really rules just common sense and some signs one might have 'issues.' I have always advocated any topic should be able to be discussed just to give some breadth and depth to the conversations and allow us to learn a bit more about others philosophies and mindset.

I also advocate 'heated' discussions but believe anyone incapable of having one without resorting to childish name calling, blatant insults, and stalking other members should be properly disciplined and ultimately banned if they can't help themselves.

There are several members on here - many of which seem to change names on a regular basis - who tend to get on my nerves. I choose to quickly scan their posts, mentally place their rotting corpses in a dumpster, or if less aggravated simply write them off as peckerwoods, and move on to the posts of those I enjoy.

That said, if they can indulge in witty banter, subtle innuendos, and the occasion jab in a humorous and non-personal manner, I am all for it. I, myself, long ago had many on-going debates with HornEd which I found great humor in, enjoyed his command of the English language, learned a bit, hopefully conveyed some knowledge or alternative viewpoints, and never found any reason to take anything personally.

Ultimately, he was incorrect, I was right, and dipoles are still the greatest thing on Earth. Just had to, HornEd. :)

But, it would be (and is for the others who do it all the time) asinine for me to respond to every post by someone who claims Heresies have no bass, for example, and chime in with 'yes they do, you don't know what the he11 you are talking about, wah wah wah'.

To those who feel compelled to be provacateurs, the Anarchist simply thinks F them and their opinion. Perhaps if we all did that the forum would be a better place, we would release our frustration, not feel compelled to bother with a response, and not have to be monitored like children.

Edit: Made a change in the construct of the first sentence so Paul didn't immediately infer it was directed to him.

----------------

On 4/19/2004 3:15:48 PM TBrennan wrote:

I like that, a fella that knows the difference between infer and imply.
----------------

Well Tom, I stay out of these semantical discussions - I always seem to struggle to understand what some one is trying to tell me or have a hard time getting my message across without being direct. That has nothing to do with inference or implication....

The life can be sucked out of a forum if you over moderate, become overly, politically correct, keep tempers at bay when you want to vent. It seems to me that there is a common interest among us, and that is Klipsch horn speakers. There are also some other common threads besides our speakers. Many of us that enjoy tubes and I think that vinyl is also common. Of coarse there are many differences in equipment and opinion. It is the differences that make the exchanges interesting and keep the forum alive. Once in awhile heated exchanges occur. They make the place interesting and keep things alive. I for one am not sure if this tippy toeing around, watching every word is the forums participants interest, although, definitely it is in Klipsch's interest. We are guests.

Maybe the time has come to create a new venue for members of 2 channel to use. I for one have considered footing the bill for a dedicated server and commercial software to start a new forum for horn speakers. Even (politically correctness off) $%#% off's like tubinhard would be allowed in (back on). Am I the only one that has given consideration to a new venue?

An Irish priest is talking with a rabbi

"Tell me Rabbi" the priest says in his brouge, "Do you ever eat ham"

"No Father", the Rabbi relied, "It's not Kosher, it's not allowed, I don't do that"

"Ah, you should try it Rabbi, it's very good"

The Rabbi leans close and asks the priest "Tell me something Father, do you, you know, do you have, ah, relations with women?"

"Oh no Rabbi, I'm a Catholic priest, it's not allowed, I don't do that."

The Rabbi leans closer and says with a wink and a grin "You should try it, it's better than ham".

Don't you just know it. Just about the time that I think that I have the knack, there are those that up the ante on the game and make things more difficult.

But hey, I try to rise to every occaission (sic), ocaission (sic), ocasion (sic), ...

act2.jpg

----------------

On 4/19/2004 5:42:57 PM Ryan C. Inman wrote:

Like I said, I never lied about anything.

----------------

In a past post you said:

*********I have over 30 years of experience in the field of vacuum tube technology, have been restoring H.H. Scott equipment professionally since 1984, and I'm an electronics engineer, as well as a certified electrician. I refuse to take sh*t from this one year newbie who claims to be a *****n "expert" at repairing vintage audio equipment. *************

Since you admit now that you are 21, then I'm figuring you were born in 1983. You state above that you have been restoring Scott equipment professionally since 1984.

Are you expecting anyone to believe that you began repairing Scott amps beginning at age 1.