I am really sick of this SH*T

Guest Anonymous

Smilin,

I'm new to this forum and you guys, but I know what you are going through. My mum passed away 2 years ago. The same s**t. Breast cancer, then to the bones and liver. She went quickly and there is still a gulf or chasm in our lives. Like all mum's, the only thing she was worried about was us. I'm the eldest of twelve in our family and all she could think about was leaving us. She kept saying "you poor dears....". There are Saints, police, priests, heros, idols and icons - then at the top of the heap are our mums. Just remember, no matter where your mum is, there will always be a little bit of her in you and your family. You just have to close yuour eyes for a second and she's there. You just have to think of something nice, and she's there. May God bless your MUM. 12.gif

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all handle the successes, failures, and losses in our lives differently. We have been friends on here quite a while. As many on this board know, my own father had gallbladder cancer diagnosed Feb 2003. They gave him 3 months to live, even with surgery and chemo. He died Jan 4th 2004. I thought I lost my father after the first surgery. His first treatment was brutal but it went well. By July, Aug, Sept he had looked like he kicked it and won. He was walking 1-2 miles a day and feeling better although he never really got his hunger back. Then it got bad to worse all over again.

Only 600 people worldwide get Gallbladder Cancer. It is so rare, there are only 10 protocals (treatments) that have shown some promise. None of them have been successful. About 12% make it past 6 months. By Thanksgiving it was back...in December we knew it would soon be over for him soon too.

I cried a lot mostly in private. But I also had to be strong for my family. I took over the family business, continued to hold on to our clients and even added some too. Do I miss my dad? Every day. I am glad I was able to tell him how much I appreciated him, and thank him for everything he had done for me and taught me too. I wish he could of held on to see my second baby and first son born in Feb 04 too. He knew I was naming my son after him, and he was very happy about that too. In a strange way, I have my dad in my son. All of the promise, all of the hope, all of challenges, and optimism about life, I will pass on to him too, from what my father taught me.

It sounds like it was just your moms time to go. Cancer is a terrible disease. I am happy you had the time to tell your mom you appreciated her too. People that lose loved ones, say in a car accident, have it worse IMO never able to say their last thoughts too. There is a time to morn, in some ways 4-6 months, a year or years later it might even hit you harder at times. But life also goes on. You need to be strong for your family, your work and friends need you to go on too. And last, we need you to be "Smilin" for us too on here.

To me, life is about how many people you can touch in some way and help them to become the best at what they can be too.

Roger

Sorry to hear about your Mother... I went through the same thing with my father. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone... my Dad went through Chemo, but it still got him in the end. Chemo and Radiation are really hard on a person maybe your mother would rather just skip SOME of the pain and anguish, can't fault her for that, and who knows maybe she just doesn't want to let the family see her in that way? Again... my condolences.