Say something complimentary about Forum members here....

arthurs

Okay, Now Im really starting to worry about you guys.Meetings in parking lots and gas stations, thats some spooky stuff.6.gif

Back to the meaning of Discursive. Ala Websters

Discursive adj. rambling, going from one point to another with no planned sequence // treating many subjects broadly // proceeding by reasoning or argument (cf INTUITIVE) fr. L. discurrere (discursus), to run about.

Ala The Amerkan Eubonics Book of Words (loosely translated)

Discursive to exemplify a certain writing style characterized by loopy connected letters (e.g., Discursive is cool, disprint is lame) //

To display a lack of respect for a writing style, (Cursive writin blows, it don work worth a shee-it with spray paint. // To refer to a person that habitually uses profane language (There was this Discursive sonofabritch outsida the Dennys dealing some gear outta the trunk of his car, Dude got pissed when I tried to check things out).

Andy- You must have me confused with someone else. I CAN'T KNIT.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 4/27/2004 12:54:30 PM Griffinator wrote:

My buds m00n and Steve Konopa, love to y'all.
2.gif

----------------

Thanks!

I've made some good friends on here, some of whom I'd like to still meet in person. (Yeah, GaryMD, one of these days, our schedules will work out - at least we'll finally meet in Indy :).

I've met a few of you in Indy last summer, and I really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to that again this year.

Griffin, we'll have to meet sometime soon. You are only 2 hours away.

I've talked with a few of you off the forum (e-mail, even talked on the phone with one guy).

This forum is one of the best.

To put things in perspective, I also spend alot of time on the fredtalk forums as well, which is the only other forum were I met people in person, especially since that is a locally oriented forum. Alot of weekly get-togethers and the like, plus the usual "Hey, who's up for shooting pool tonight or bowling a couple of frames tonight", type things. I meet with one guy from that forum every tuesday and thursday and workout at the local YMCA. Also scored a lot of free meals on there since eveybody is always asking for the use of my truck!

Still, I have larager post count here than I do in the FredTalk forums, since most of the topics over there are political and/or mindless bantering, which I am not all that interested in. At least this forum lets me "geek-out" more often.

Since that one nasty thread last spring, I pretty much try to stay out of the "hot topics" here.

Again, thanks all for a great time, and I hope that things will continue for many more years.

Well first I would like to thank the Academy...

Seriously, I have to thank Paragon and the rest of the old folks who are, ahem, lost from the boards. TheEAR, my former nemisis haha.

The "newbies", Cluless, HornED, HDBR, Moon, Trespasserguy, Slaz13... dang, i leave for a few months and I forget all the guys! Mobilehomeless...

Wow. I miss you guys! Guess what I just made!

two-channel-baby.jpg.

That is my two channel heresy setup, not finished being put up, but finally in Columbia from its, and my, old home in Houston Texas! It is with great thanks to the likes of HDBR and others that I have this setup. The HK430 mixed in with the Heresy's, let's just say that our two hour long phone conversations over your experiences DJ'ing parties with that setup, I can second your motion!

I also am in a fraternity which is fantastic. My roommate is in it (my dorm roommate, my apartment roommates are four girls, yikes!) and the other brothers are really cool.

Justin,

It's great to hear you're getting along so well. I knew things would smooth out. How do the girls like your party system? Do you need me to send you some CDs to send them over the edge?2.gif

As a suggestion, is there any way to get those Heresys up off the floor (on stands/tables)? I think they'd sound better closer to ear level. (Unless you're like most college students, hanging out on the floor most of the time!).

----------------

On 4/28/2004 3:10:24 PM garymd wrote:

discursive

Another great word used on the Klipsch Forum today!
1.gif

P.S. Anyone know what it means?

----------------

Main Entry: discursive

Pronunciation: dis-'k&r-siv

Function: adjective

Etymology: Medieval Latin discursivus, from Latin discursus, past participle of discurrere to run about -- more at DISCOURSE

1 a : moving from topic to topic without order : RAMBLING b : proceeding coherently from topic to topic

2 : marked by analytical reasoning

- discursively adverb

- discursiveness noun

Hey Justin....

LOL - that shot of your Heresy setup brought back memories of my dorm setup. The main difference was that I was using a low-budget Sherwood reciever that I think was rated for something like, oh, I dunno....maybe 18 watts/channel on a good day, downhill, with the wind behind it! Still...the guys around me use to swear there was no way that weak-a$$ reciever could make those speakers rock like they did. The only other piece of gear I had was a Dual turntable. Good luck in your studies!!

(man....I feel sorry for this dude. Four women in the same house. Bathroom times must be a killer 6.gif )

Tom

Here are my comments on the Klipsch Forum, in the best tradition of "Stereo Review"

There are many web forums found within the nearly limitless expanse of Cyber-Space. Forums.klipsch.com is certainly one such forum, and represents a tremendous value for the price, easily comparing to forums that cost twice as much! In fact, Forums.klipsch.com is being read by this reviewer at the present time. During the course of this review, I have read things at Forums.klipsch.com that I have never read at any other forum. I can confidently say that Forums.klipsch.com authoritatively takes its place among those forums featuring a discussion of klipsch products and is certainly worth considertation by those individuals in need of such a forum.

Yup, Ditto to all that was said.

Clu, I am deeply hurt that I do not rate9.gif

Kelly (Moblie homeless) come back to see us, we all play nice now and Craig is just a big ole teddy bear.

Justin... College...Heresys...woman...not fair...do not tease us...fraternity...little sisters...woman...music...partys...woman...to be young again..woman - And did I mention the college woman?

----------------

On 4/30/2004 4:55:49 AM tripod wrote:

I used to have irascible bowel syndrome.

I got better.

Tripod, had to look this one up and here is what I discovered:

Text: easily aroused to anger <an
irascible
fellow and hard to get along with>

Synonyms
choleric, cranky, cross, hot-tempered, ireful, passionate, peppery, quick-tempered, ratty, //stomachy, temperish, testy, tetchy, touchy;
compare

Yup, it wasn't pretty. Say the wrong thing around my rear and you were likely to find yourself on the receiving end of an angry outburst. Not pretty at all.

It's far more common than most people realize.

----------------

On 4/30/2004 8:40:06 AM Bill H. wrote:

Tripod, had to look this one up and here is what I discovered:

----------------