Say something complimentary about Forum members here....

arthurs

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Too many good people with a vast wealth of knowledge. I've only checked out a few other audio/HT forums and don't spend much time there. Everyone once in a while I'll post the same question on a couple sites to see what comes back. Without exception, the help I get here is superior.

I love this site: I love the time and attention that people spend answering questions, plus I like the thread format of the BBS, I find the audio asylum hard to follow, I like the avatars and the system profiles, I like knowing the age, if NOT the maturity, of the flamers, I like the eBay alerts, I enjoy discussions of equipment I have heard of and comparisons to things I know, I try to follow the electronic topology arguments, but usually cant, I LIKE the music recommendations (except polka) and am shocked by peoples political values and lack of reverence for our personal freedoms and the great American progressive social experiment, I LIKE the arguments of issues both large and small, I appreciate personal experiences with equipment I read about, I like the polls and questionnaires, I like the advice to newbies, I like seeing somebody come around to ideas NOT so commonplace, I like learning about the specs and how much and how they really mean, I like learning how different amplifiers, partuclaury tube, make sound, I love the suggestions for mods that Klipsch provides (they ring with the validity of authority), I like the wide range of subjects, I like people whose PC is their sole sound source (portend of future home movie and music reproduction systems?), I love hearing what people dont like about other systems compared to their big ole horns, I like the friends and acquaintances Ive made, the invitations Ive received, the few favors that I have done, the many favors I have received, the opportunity for friendly, informed, get-togethers, I like the patient explanations of why horns and/or tubes work;

I like hearing from people who know how to build these things, who owned more expensive systems, who play musical instruments, who like live music and movies in new theaters, who buy or rent new CDs or DVDs every month or every week, who are addicted to watching cable movies, who think two sub-woofers are better than one, who own several home movie and music reproduction systems, who teach with the patience of a school marm, who supply objective facts, who have tried I like finding out about how I can save tremendous amounts of money and construct a truly superb 3D illusion of the sonic holograph

6.gif

Generally, this forum is free of smut and stupid "Rate Me" crap like AOL IM promotes. I am tired of fleshy banner ads on otherwise innocuous websites. It gives my kids the wrong impression when they visit my office unexpectedly.

Okay, now that that is off my chest, these forums are a great outlet to freely share your knowledge so lurkers, novices, etc. can glean some interesting and useful information. One can learn a lot about audio from the regulars on these forums if they can spend time filtering through discursive posts. The interjected humor also keeps the energy lighthearted.

I like the whole gang of "regulars" on the forum.

Some have been members for a number of years but seldom post. Some feel a need to post continually ever since becoming members. Some have been heavy posters but have not been seen much of as of late...and their knowledge and wisdom combined with their normally extremely helpful input are sorely missed.

In this latter category are three individuals in particular: Our young friend, Justin, who, between his family's recent downturn in prosperity, his on-and-off bouts with personal health problems, and his endeavors to do as well in college as he has done in his endeavors in the past, has not been with us much lately. I am sure his extreme thoughtfulness and willingness to help others is missed by the majority of members as much as I miss his presence here. I just hope that he is aware of...or is MADE aware of the recent announcement put up in the Klipsch Careers section of this website which pertains to summer internship programs at Klipsch LLC. If anybody has a way of contacting him, please bring this to his attention.

Mobile Homeless (Kelly), who, although we have been at odds, so to speak, in the past over non-audio issues, he still possesses a wealth of tube equipment knowledge and his presence in the 2-channel section is missed by many. I am hoping that he has not given up completely on the forum and will soon make his presence a regular occurrance again.

HornEd (Ed), who has again found love and is to marry within the very near future. His postings deem him the "wordsmith extraordinaire" of the forum. His timely postings on almost all subjects render his opinion and experience through choice wording so that no toes get stepped upon, while at the same time adding a bit of humor through his wit. He has recently gotten back into posting here a bit even though his hectic schedule of his upcoming marriage and his recent business venture have taken up much of his time over the past year or so. I was overjoyed to see him back on here and, especially, to know that his health problems, bad as they are, have not adversely affected his wit and abilities with the English language. I also wish him the best of luck with his upcoming marriage, his current business venture, and his health.

To single out certain individuals on this forum for special recognition is difficult, at best...especially since there are so very many who deserve praise for their efforts to help folks who visit here with advice and knowledge in response to their questions.

For humor interjected into the most demanding of situations, there are Fini, BBB, and our lovable Cluless....among others. One thing about Cluless is that her wit and humor so regularly displayed in her postings are only superceded by her care for and kindnesses toward her many forum friends here. Recipients of her kindnesses are many and I would like to thank her for that, since I am one of those recipients. Her home-made goodies are to die for and she is one helluva whiz with her knitting needles!

As for the recent display of concern towards me here on the forum, I would like to sincerely thank you all! I realize something some of the forum members may not be aware of...that I am NOT the first to benefit from the members of this forum in a time of need! And I salute the kindnesses of this forum's members for not only myself, but for the others who have benefitted in the past...and those who are surely to benefit in the future!

Personally, there are a handful of members who I regularly do instant messages with...in particular: Rick Tate, Jim Cornell, and Roger have become close internet friends of mine...and I hope to meet Jim and Rick someday soon. I met Roger last summer in Indy. Like most of the folks here, they are great people to call friends!

I have also conversed with a number of forum members over the phone over the last two years. In each instance they were all great people!

This is the best forum on the internet, no matter what the subject matter. For many, like myself, it is a means of learning and helping others whenever possible. But it is MUCH more than just that. Many of us here have found friends online through this forum who have visited with us at gatherings and have been welcomed into our homes and even into our hearts! This makes this forum something extremely unique on the internet.

So, without going into more detail, and hoping that I have not offended any forum members by leaving them out of this narrative, I will say this: You are ALL special to me...whether new or long-time members...whether you post regularly or seldom post at all...whether we have had personal non-forum conversations or not...whether we agree or disagree! It doesn't matter, because we all share some things in common...our love of audio and our love of Klipsch!...and a genuine concern for others we have met here! So, no matter how "rough" things may on occasion get in particular threads...this "forum family" is still the GREATEST!!

I'd like to say a bit 'o thanks to the lot of you as well. I too am a bit reluctant to single anyone person out because I enjoy the insights/opinions/humor each of you brings to the table. As one can see from my post count, I don't post that often. But I assure you I'm here at least once a day. One thing I am greatful for is that even when I entered the fray of a "hot topic", I wasn't shouted down or treated with disrespect. I'm also thankful for not just the knowledge I've gained, but some gear as well. My center channel Heresy came from Fini. Which, BTW, is undergoing some testing as to the effects gym socks have on the mid-range horn ringing when said gym socks are applied to the horn. 9.gif

Another forum member (John Thomas - not sure he's still here) sold me a pair of Heresys which I'm in the process of re-finishing. And my Cornwalls were obtained when someone posted them for sale on this board. Another forum member not only clued me in about LittlLite, but sold me one for a nice price.

So at the risk of sounding as corny as all hell - my hope is that one day I can "give back", if you will, some of my learnings. 1.gif

Tom

I really appreciate everyone here, everytime I ask a question, it is answered.

I appreciate arthurs for meeting me in a Dennys parking lot to get some cables.

I appreciate wrench_peddler for meeting me in Tyler at a Texaco gas station to take the La Scalas...best purchase I have ever made on anything.

This forum is really great and I apologize right now for making stupid comments after one too many martinis.

Regards,

Mark

----------------

I appreciate arthurs for meeting me in a Dennys parking lot to get some cables.

I appreciate wrench_peddler for meeting me in Tyler at a Texaco gas station to take the La Scalas...best purchase I have ever made on anything.

----------------

Mark brings up a thought.....what strange places have you met to buy/sell any type of gear?