Klipschorn Corner Horn Speakers

I am a newbie and know just enough about vintage hi-fi/stereo equipment to be dangerous ...

Several months ago, I purchased a pair of Klipschorn Corner Horn Speakers at an estate sale ... Model H-WO-12 (the cabinets are 21 1/2" H, 15 1/2" W & 13" D)... Serial #s 1F672 and 1F674 ... they are in excellent condition and have the Klipsch emblems on the front ... how old are they?

Thanks again for the replies ... over what period was this model of speakers manufactured? ... does the "67" in the serial number mean that they were built in 1967? ... if not, how does one determine the manufacture date? ...

----------------

On 5/9/2004 10:58:36 AM Chip - HP wrote:

Thanks again for the replies ... over what period was this model of speakers manufactured? ... does the "67" in the serial number mean that they were built in 1967? ... if not, how does one determine the manufacture date? ...----------------

The Heresy is still manufactured today and made of MDF instead of Birch Plywood. It is now called the Heresy II. Here's a link that will help you on dating Klipsch speakers.

Chip, the "F" in the SN indicates the year ...

1962 A

1963 B

1964 C

1965 D

1966 E

1967 F

1968 G

1969 H

1970 I

1971 J

1972 K

1973 L

1974 M

1975 N

1976 P

1977 R

1978 S

1979 T

1980 U

1981 W

1982 X

1983 Y

Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable w/Goldring Eroica H MC

Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CDP

Wright Sound WPP-100C Phono Stage

JF Lessard Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Preamp w/ RCA 5R4GY & Sylvania 6SN7

JF Lessard Horus Parafeed Cobalt 2A3 Monoblocks w/ Tung Sol 5687 & AVVT 2A3

1976 KCBR Klipschorns with ALK Crossovers

Gear Online: Two Channel & Home Theater Systems

When did Klipsch start making Heresys speakers? ... where would I find the specs for my Heresys? ... have they always been called Heresys? ... it was odd to me that the name "Heresys" didn't appear on the paper sticker on the back of the speaker ...

Thanks bdc and Ray ... it sure helps to know where to look for some of this info ... I did a search of "Heresys" in Home - 2 Channel Audio and found some interesting posts ... I am inspired to hook up the Heresys to the Fisher 400 that I picked up recently ...

----------------

On 5/9/2004 1:38:44 PM Ray Garrison wrote:

Chip -

The H in the H - WO section *IS* the name of the speaker - in this case, Heresy, Walnut, Oiled.

----------------

Very interesting ... so what does the "12" mean after the "H-WO"?

12" woofer, though I can't remember reading of a Heresy built otherwise, except for the first prototype.

Heresies began as H-700s (for the squawker crossover point) sometime in the 50s. The H II is a derivation and is still in production.

In some years, the Heresy kept Klipsch and Assoc. in business all by itself.