Is it time for a GaryMD Intervention?

thebes

Let's face it the man's got the fever bad. Earlier today he was making moves to acquire movie theater speakers. Is it time to step in?

I envision him late at night squatting on all fours before his latest setup whispering to himself "my pressscious, my presscious".

I can also imagine the domestic situation. "Oh honey, there's no tread left on the tires, can't we buy some new ones"? "Certainly, dear, as soon as I land these new monoblocs, oh, and of course, the zebra stripe Khorns that just went on sale in Uganda".

Should we step in or cheer him on?

Better yet, is there even a 12 step program for gear heads? Is the first step: Always pay the electric bill before buying LaScalas.

Your advice is urgently needed.

I resemble that remark!6.gif

Actually, I was inquiring for a friend who is a VOT fanatic. He lives in VA and has been known to drive halfway across the country for those beasts!

I appreciate your concern but I can assure you, at least this time, that I have absolutely no interest in the Altecs. As a matter of fact, I may eventually sell my santiagos so I can replace them with more Klipsch.1.gif

----------------

On 5/18/2004 9:44:13 PM garymd wrote:

I appreciate your concern but I can assure you, at least this time, that I have absolutely no interest in the Altecs. As a matter of fact, I may eventually sell my santiagos so I can replace them with more Klipsch.
1.gif
----------------

Drats! Foiled again...............................Glad to hear your ok though......................

----------------

On 5/18/2004 10:22:36 PM jt1stcav wrote:

You can never have enough Klipsch loudspeakers IMO.

Buh-bye, Altecs...hello Klipsch (more Heritage, natch)!
16.gif

----------------

Either lascalas or the big ones that look like a home plate from the top.2.gif I really need to expand the room before I can properly fit khorns although I have 2 adequate corners. WAF is the only thing stopping me. She wants a new kitchen first. I think the old one is just fine. What's wrong with carry-out anyway?3.gif

" She wants a new kitchen first. I think the old one is just fine. What's wrong with carry-out anyway? "

That is the attitude in our house to. So we upgraded the kitchen instead of replacing it.

In other words I put a new phone in there and a rack for the home delivery menus!

Problem solved - total cost $38.

Gary, I have a set of VOTs I would be very happy for your friend to have and cherish. I only use them when I cut the grass. They are the ones that I posted a photo of Liam riding atop a bass bin. I want to turn them into the HDTV for the living room. We could even bring them to Indy next month. I love 'em for two reasons - they are light enough I can carry one without great strain(MUCH lighter than Scalas,) and they have castered wheels, so I don't even need to carry them!4.gif

Dave....If your over 40 HDTV is a waste of time. Your eyes are going the way of your ears. Besides the resolution of HDTV doesnt come close to the resolution of 35mm cinema film (or even 70mm) Its too early to make that HDTV commitment. The life span of the new units seems to be shorter

Maron, try to give an old man a break.2.gif As I age and find pretty coeds no longer come running up to give me hugs and kisses, and my eyes start to give out, I need every edge I can grasp. I told Colleen that National Geographic will look nicer on PBS with a HDTV, when it will probably be better utilized while watching the making of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue.3.gif

With three Khorns, three Belles, two shorthorns, and five(soon to be three) Heresys, I need to say I am using some of the collection for a home theatre. DTo do that, I need a TV with audio outputs. I hate diving into the things, so ergo a new TV.

Hello:

I've heard of some some perswon that was so into audio that he dragged he his wife along on a road trip.

The road trip was from Rochester, New York to outside of Baltimore, Maryland. Accomplished to pick up a pair of Cornwall IIs and have authentic Maryland Crab cakes. This took place in one (1) day.

Once the fever bites bites, the only cure is a system that sounds true.

Go Gary!!

Win dodger3.gif