Shilling for Deneen -- so who's "Peaching"?

Deang

I finalized the details on my Peach purchase yesterday, and I'm getting pumped!!

I got done reading through The Peach .pdf document, and came away thinking that Mark had really put a lot of serious thought into the design. I'm also one of the loons that just so happens to like the looks of these things, and I especially dig the fact that the faceplate is finger print proof, and damn near scratch proof.

I really got off listening to the single tube linestage of the Blueberry, and I'm glad it's in the Peach. The sound of the Blueberry with the VRD's sounded very much like it did when I had the Blueberry prototype at my house -- clean, rich, and warm. It really does have a sound of it's very own, and doesn't sound much like anything I've ever had at the house before. I guess I like gear with some personality.

So who's Peaching, I need to know who to compare notes with!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 6/17/2004 1:51:28 PM Guy Landau wrote:

Just bought some peaches at $2.49/lb. Man, they're expensive here.

----------------

That's highway robbery. You need to move out of the city!

Dean - I'm looking forward to Peach reviews. Wondering how much better its linestage can be compared to the blueberry. Should be interesting.3.gif

The earlier type of Siemens CCa are better.

They have a slightly different structure compare to the later types. If you look at the plates between the two plate insulators, make sure every plate is grey with NO shiny metal plate on the two sides support the upper structure. The box should be in yellow/blue color.

Later CCa's with metal plate instead of grey that comes in yellow/blue color box are nearly as good.

CCa's in orange/blue color box are not as desirable.

Edit:

BTW, Gary.

Is $1.29 for a lb of pears, is considered a good price or was I ripped off once again?

I'd order one today if I could sell my Audible Illusions M3A preamp that I bought in March for $2K and I could get $1,500 plus shipping. It's a great preamp, but I would really like to support Mark.

I don't think its going to happen so I will be Peachless I'm afraid.

I hope you all enjoy your new preamps and cannot wait to read the reviews.

Danny

----------------

On 6/18/2004 11:29:28 AM dbflash wrote:

I'd order one today if I could sell my Audible Illusions M3A preamp that I bought in March for $2K and I could get $1,500 plus shipping. It's a great preamp, but I would really like to support Mark.

I don't think its going to happen so I will be Peachless I'm afraid.

I hope you all enjoy your new preamps and cannot wait to read the reviews.

Danny

----------------

Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky on Audiogon or eBay?? Won't hurt to try.

I may try down the road, or just wait a couple months and get a Peach later.

I have a fully modded AES-AE3 preamp sitting in a closet and in the next couple of weeks a pair of Wright's 3.5 amps will be joining it.

I am going to try and sell my HT setup later this year, so I probabbly wait and sell everything at once.

Danny