I'm here to stay

NOSValves

Harmonic Synthesis

As the richness and quality of a musical note depend only on the proportions in which different harmonics enter, it will be clear that the blending of harmonics to make a good musical tone is as important as the newspaper advertisements tell us that the blending of teas and tobaccos is.

Let us then try to discover the art of making our musical instruments blend their own harmonics in such a way as to give us the particular quality of tone that our musical taste demands.

Sir James Jeans. (1937)

Regards,

John.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 6/20/2004 2:48:46 PM boomac wrote:

----------------

On 6/20/2004 2:15:06 PM notneBvetman wrote:

"That's bad luck!"

Benton

----------------

"You owe me thirteen dollars!"

----------------

"I'm good for it"

Benton

----------------

On 6/20/2004 1:35:00 PM Audio Flynn wrote:

Man there are a few of us here in Michigan ! We need to have a Klipsch get together! So who has the big abode with the best room for music ?

---------------

Lets all go to Craigs....hes got the good stuff...and I wont have to drive as far....HEHEHE......

I remember the first time I clicked on to the 2-channel forum. Man oh man! Here was a bunch of guys from the dinosaur age that was still listening to vinyl through 2 speakers powered by tubes. Jeez! Sounded like I found a board I could relate to.

I was a vinyl freak myself and was very happy with my set up at the time. I didn`t have tubes. A matter of fact I had never really seen a tube amp until I came here. I listened to my Joe Walsh records through my ESS speakers powered by an Onkyo integrated amp. I had stopped looking for the next best thing as far as equipment goes. It was all about the music.

Until I came here.

Those Klipsch speakers must sound pretty good I thought to myself as I read thread after thread.

But besides the music and equipment aspect of all the posts I read there was a very deep human side to this forum. Not only were people sharing thoughts, ideas and opinions but there was a comradely that I had never experienced before on the internet.

Sure, there has been the good, the bad and the ugly war of words and mud slinging like you would not believe but through it all as a group, this bunch of audio nerds are a groovy bunch to hang with. Oh, I don`t agree with some and agree with a few but that`s life anywhere you go.

I still consider myself new compared to many that are here. I don`t post that often and on more than one occasion have gotten my feelings hurt because I am such a softy. No ones fault but my own. Many here are very keen with the pen and I admire that greatly. I`ve toughened up some and encourage lurkers to register and start posting. An immeasurable learning tool for the audio minded. But it doesn`t stop there.

I`ve learned a great deal about people and become more sensitive when someone has a different point of view than I. I`m always right of course but I never let on to the fact. That would not be polite. I usually say something like...IMHO, which is code for "I`m right so stuff a sock in it".2.gifJust kidding.

OK. I`ll cut to the chase here. Me and my buddy JB can get a little long winded at times......................................................I love this forum and every cockroach that it gives a soapbox to stand up on and say what they think and feel and why.

I love this forum for the vast wealth of information it has gathered over the years. A goldmine of audio know-how and trouble-shooting.

This place is unique in more ways than one. Most of the personalities on this board are so LOL crazy (and I`m talking about the know-it-alls that I`ve learned so much from) and they`ve got hearts of gold as was exercised when a fellow member tried to sell his speakers one day. That was just beautiful. And I use the adjective "crazy" in the nicest way possible. I love you guys and you have taught me enough to realize I don`t know much about this hobby at all16.gif.

I`m here now. I`ll be here tomorrow. And then some.

PS. FWIW Officially my longest post. 10.gif

Many thanks, edwino, but if I am great it is because I stand on the shoulder of giants, okay, actually, it is because I copy the works of giants, okay, NOT copy, plagiarize, okay NOT plagiarize, but steal NOT from giants but from Winston Churchill -

evenso you sir are to be roundly commended a drink for you - for NOT only did you recognize greatness, even so bastardized a form as my revision, but you risk the ridicule of intelligent others to compliment me on it!

3.gif

----------------

On 6/21/2004 1:10:19 PM Colin wrote:

Many thanks, edwino, but if I am great it is because I stand on the shoulder of giants, okay, actually, it is because I copy the works of giants, okay, NOT copy, plagiarize, okay NOT plagiarize, but steal NOT from giants but from Winston Churchill -

evenso you sir are to be roundly commended a drink for you - for NOT only did you recognize greatness, even so bastardized a form as my revision, but you risk the ridicule of intelligent others to compliment me on it!

3.gif
----------------

Colin, You eloquent Limey Bastard. Didn't you learn a thang from the good ole boys in LR. If nothing else, we wanted to teach you "butchery of the English language". I can see that we failed. No problem bubba, you are still great.

Terry

----------------

On 6/22/2004 7:29:23 PM IB Slammin wrote:

----------------

On 6/21/2004 1:10:19 PM Colin wrote:

3.gif"
----------------

Colin, You eloquent Limey Bastard. Didn't you learn a
thang
from the good ole boys in LR. If nothing else, we wanted to teach you "butchery of the English language". I can see that we failed. No problem bubba, you are still great.

Terry

----------------

My kids read this stuff. 6.gif Is the profanity necessary?

Morning all,

Tubelover, do you even know what is abusive, vulgar, or irreverent language? If one is to question the authority of Paul W. Klipsch, founder of Klipsch and designer of the classic corner Khorn, or Dr. Bruce Edgar, one must indeed be profane!

10.gif