How do We Liven Up This Section of the Fourm

thebes

I know this is primarily a gear site, but the gear is the means to get to the music and movies. Movies get some play here but music threads seem to die,die, die.

Should we ask that this section be moved up to Audio and the Games to Promedia?

Should we cross post.

Any suggestions, ideas?

The problem with this forum is it is just too far down. I forget a lot of the time to even check it while im posting in the other forums. Most music threads that live are in the 2.1 and General Questions forums. They should really move this forum up.

----------------

On 6/22/2004 4:35:42 PM thebes wrote:

I know this is primarily a gear site, but the gear is the means to get to the music and movies. Movies get some play here but music threads seem to die,die, die. Should we ask that this section be moved up to Audio and the Games to Promedia?

----------------

Right on target, Thebes! If this forum was intended to cut across home audio and electronics forums, it's turned out to be an unknown backwater for all of them.

I agree it should be moved to Home audio, where many, maybe most, members interested in music hang out, and music threads really take off. Look at the numerous posts and great interest in recent Home Audio/2-Channel threads like Beethoven's 6th and a Yo-Yo Ma concert -- and then compare that with how this forum's "Pizzicato recommendations" petered out quickly at 9 posts by 3 people. Like you said.

Moderator, what do you think?

Larry

----------------

On 6/22/2004 5:47:30 PM Colin wrote:

whatcha talking bout Willis?

I post about T3 and Nick Berg video and Paris Hilton video, and what about the best female vocalist? was that here? that went on for days...
4.gif

----------------

Oops, Colin, I posted below before I read this one. It must depend on whether one even knows about this forum -- I'd never heard of it until Gary told me about your pizzicato thread. While it's a very logical area of interest and should be more popular, I don't always check down here myself.

Sorry your discs have been a mixed bag so far. Old Russian recordings can be a problem. The disc set I have is good.

I think the best female and male vocalist threads were in 2-Channel.

Larry

Thanks Larry. That's what I'm trying to get going here. A short while ago in one discussion up on 2 Channel I suggested that some of the sections in Home Audio could be combined, and lo and behold it happened. I'm not saying I was the catalyst, but maybe it helped.

I'm not claiming my music threads instrinsicaly hold the interest of members, but the three I've posted in 2 Channel got a much larger than anything I've posted here.

Anybody else with some ideas? comments?

While folks do have different searching habits and approaches, none are universal enough to cause Home Audio regulars to regularly scroll past "ProMedia," "Commercial Audio," "Aragon Electronics," and "Klipsch en Español," to find out what's what in this rather sleepy corner.

Nor do I see how we can advertise it, unless someone regularly takes the trouble to announce in 2-Channel that there's an exciting pizzicato thread way down in "Entertainment."

I guess I would still like to see this under Home Audio. Just MHO, of course.

Larry

Jeez, even the moderators can't find us down here. We could have a Get Naked With Your Khorns party down here and no one would notice. I've got the Muscatel, anybody got any naked Khorns.

Off to the Pizacato thread.

I'm still a Senator's fan.2.gif Actually, I was invited to tomorrow night's game against the Yanks in the company suite but already had plans. That's the only way I'll go to games anymore. Angelos ruined any chance of me becoming a true blue O's fan when he fired Davey Johnson a few years back.

----------------

On 6/23/2004 6:50:07 PM thebes wrote:

Jeez, even the moderators can't find us down here. We could have a Get Naked With Your Khorns party down here and no one would notice. I've got the Muscatel, anybody got any naked Khorns.

Off to the Pizacato thread.

----------------

LOL good one Thebes. I am not trying to get on anyone. I just think it's cool down here in the underground.2.gif

I have to agree with thebes on this one. It needs to be moved up in some manner. Music is what is responsible for there being home audio in the first place. Colin`s idea of clicking on todays posts works too. But music is audio and vis versa.

Jeez thebes. You are right on both statements. What is it going to take to get a moderator involved in this discussion?

Well while we`re wait`n, I`ll tell you this. George Bush wouldn`t know a good audio system even if it hit him in the ***. Unless of course it was used as a weapon of mass destruction. And I doubt Iraq could have hurt anyone one with the stereo they found there. Just some Realistic speakers, a Radio Shack receiver and a load of 8-tracks.

Titles are being kept under wraps by Intelligence.

2.gif

Middlecreek, you were a step ahead of me. It is not my intent to deliberately call attention to the thread however...... but you see, I'm going to my local cineplex tonight (first time since I got my own Klipsch HT finished), and I cannot talk about that film here. It's an event, really - me going to the theater - because it is rare that there is a flick that I MUST SEE the day it comes out. Today is one of those cases.

I do also agree that this section should be up in the top section as well. I do venture down here from time to time.....but given that this section is the REASON for why we are here, it should get more play......and a more suitable position on the BBS.