Spell it out please.

I've been coming here for over four years now (I just had to one-up ya, mOOn,11.gif) and although I don't post that much, it has become a part of my routine to check in here every day or so. I rarely go over 3-4 days without at least a quick scan of new topics.

The point I'm getting to is that I enjoy this forum, and do not want to see it shut down. It is like a favorite corner cafe where we can all come and hang out. But unlike the corner cafe, everything we say here is laid out in black and white for all to see. So, the shopkeepers have rules so what we say doesn't make the place look bad to visitors. Pretty simple, isn't it?

Lately, though, it seems to me that 'we' are becoming a big headache to the shopkeepers (klipsch LLC in general, the moderators in particular). So I would not be surprised if they just closeed the doors. Boarded up the windows and told us all to get a life. I hope that doesn't happen. But look around - how many other manufacturers provide this for their fans? Or for that matter, how many other manufacturers ~have~ fans?

I admit that I have strayed from the strait and narrow from time to time, but let's all try to check our political leanings at the door, remember the golden rule, and enjoy this place in the spirit that the proprietors intended. End of sermon.12.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dougy,

The only thing I would change in your post is: Check your hatred at the door. IM extremely HO, I would not restrict topics at this cafe, as long as we don't throw chairs.

Of course, I ain't the moderator.

Ok, my $.02

I have, and do belong to several boards, I have been a member and moderator. I have been a Klipsch fan for over 25 years though it has only been 4 months since I have owned them.

Once I discovered this board, and lurked for about a week, I decided that the group of characters here were worthy of MY comments 3.gif I liked the life that the board has, and though at times, views that are radically different than my own were posted (usually political) I have refrained from name calling or feeding the trolls.(as much as I could!) There are many people who I enjoy reading, Fini among them. (glad your back btw) I think what we are seeing is what is normal when some order is trying to be restored to a situation that is out of control. Some people get upset and leave. Some people get upset, stay and stir the pot. Some people couldnt care less and some people applaud the changes.

I am in the middle. While I enjoy playing here several hours a day, this is Klipschs sandbox and I must respect that. Some peoples posts were over the top and those threads deserved to get shut down. Some people that left (and there are more than those who made a stink about it Im sure) couldnt resist turning every thread into a political cause for their side. That grows old, but you come to expect it out of some people. I think those people are of a type that thrive on attention, not really happy unless they are in the center of the action.

Is enforcing the rules a bucket of cold water dashed on the fire? Perhaps, but like fire, when used with responsibility, discussions are a good thing. When they get out of hand, they can cause great damage and hurt. The moderators on this board are just like firepersons (an nod to Amy) they run from place to place and cool down what is out of control. The rules were stated when you joined up to this board and they shouldnt need to be restated, just because they are being enforced. We are adults and should act like adults, take the good with the bad and with a grain of salt.

J.4knee,

exorcise?

Definition: \Ex"or*cise\ (ks"r*sz), v. t.

1. To cast out, as a devil, evil spirits, etc., by

conjuration or summoning by a holy name, or by certain

ceremonies; to expel (a demon) or to conjure (a demon) to

depart out of a person possessed by one.

I exorsised restraint when I posted this.[img src='http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/6.gif'>

But, I know the you mean exercise restraint. No offense meant, I just thought that the dichotomy was priceless.

Rick

Rick I dunno I think sometimes maybe an exorcism is warranted. NO offense taken

----------------

On 6/24/2004 8:09:41 AM fini wrote:

Dougy,

IM extremely HO, I would not restrict topics at this cafe, as long as we don't throw chairs.

Of course, I ain't the moderator.

----------------

I tend to agree, but like you said, "I ain't the moderator"

...and I'm not either.

Cluless,

Pretty trippy Steadman print, there! Is it yours? Yes, it would fit right in to the little avatar annimation...

BTW, it would be a sad day indeed to hear you'd grown up. Where's the fun in that? If I'd signed your senior yearbook, I'd have written "Stay as sweet as you are," and would've actually meant it!

Came in late but thought I would post at the end anyway.

Neo - you are full of BS, if I am not mistaken when you first got here you were going to spend just a little money for a two channel system. I think you now have at least two if not more now. Sell your house, right.9.gif

Wasn't it your McIntosh HT pics I saw one time also. You have been bitten by the Klipsch Forum like myself and are either heavy in debt or have plenty to spend.

Fini - Glad you are still here, you have always been helpful.

Moderation - I have always believed in moderation and use it reguarly with my drinking. Never stopped me yet.