Spell it out please.

Amy has stated:

"Sorry, a rule is a rule.  If the childish tactics continue, people will be banned.  It's pretty simple.

I realize some of you have problems with each other, and I have received numerous emails requesting me to ban this person or that person...  Personal conflicts do not motivate me to ban people.  Blantent disregard for my simple and few requests, however, does."

Could we please have these simple and few requests spelled out precisely in quotable language like the penal code, eg. without blantent ambiguity so we know precisely where we stand. Please define "childish tactics" among other things.

Thanks.

C&S

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me, I mistakenly thought you were addressing me, guess you were posting a response to Amy. Either that or you are thinking you can cover your tracks.

----------------

Does this qualify as "childish tactics"?

I've lurked here for about two weeks, received much valuable information on my Cornwalls, yet am already growing somewhat tired. I'm merely one person with limited scope but I think this implies a problem. I'm new to the Klipsch world, have all sorts of newbie excitement and energy, yet sense undertones of frustration here? "Not good."

I'll lurk/post more, however, this could just be a short term trend.

----------------

On 6/23/2004 1:37:07 PM Zeke_in_KC wrote:

Excuse me, I mistakenly thought you were addressing me, guess you were posting a response to Amy. Either that or you are thinking you can cover your tracks.

----------------

Does this qualify as "childish tactics"?

I've lurked here for about two weeks, received much valuable information on my Cornwalls, yet am already growing somewhat tired. I'm merely one person with limited scope but I think this implies a problem. I'm new to the Klipsch world, have all sorts of newbie excitement and energy, yet sense undertones of frustration here? "Not good."

I'll lurk/post more, however, this could just be a short term trend.

----------------

Not quite there Zeke.

Actually, the childish tactic was Neo attempting to correct C&S' spelling and then twisting the (decidedly amiable) response to make it look like he was just "quoting Amy".

Keep lurking...you'll figure out who's who and who's pushing whose agenda.16.gif

Yeah. Where is it? Always good to discuss audio over politics or vice versa.

Politics:

1)The often internally conflicting interrelationships among people in a society.

2)Intrigue or maneuvering within a political unit or group in order to gain control or power.

We may have banned discussing politics but they can not be eliminated.

Politics is often referred to as "The Art of Diplomacy". Instead of banning it, we should be encouraging politics. It is obvious there is a great need to practice here.

----------------

On 6/23/2004 1:38:07 PM AK-4 wrote:

I'm going to go find a good forum for political discussion and talk about audio. Anyone want to come with?

----------------

Here's one. Scroll down to the "hot seat" section. I've tried to talk audio on it, but does not seem to get far. 11.gif

Interesting something I just noticed - it does have an "electronics" section, so you "could" talk audio on there. 2.gif

• Moderators

Sorry I misspelled a word. Good grief.

The rules were spelled out clearly when you registered. The one I have been attempting to enforce for weeks now is simply do not post anything that is offensive or insulting to another member.

All political threads resulted in offending and insulting, so in order to not waste anyone's time, I kindly asked that politics not be discussed here. Any political threads will be closed, and repeat offenders will be banned.

Clipped and Shorn,

I am finding your threads mocking me to be offensive. I'm asking you now to please stop.

• Klipsch Employees

Below is what you agreed to when you started using this forum.

If you agree to abide by our rules below, you should press the "Register" button, which will enable you to register. If you do not agree, press the "Cancel" button.

--Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB or any entity associated with this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB. Although this BB does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at this BB reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this BB, Ideal Science, Inc. (the makers of the bulletin board software), and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We at this BB also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this BB.

Banner ads and promotional links are prohibited, but non-commercial informational links will be allowed.

All manufacturer's representatives and competing brand personnel must identify themselves as an employee of said company in each post on the Forum.

Profile pages and signatures will no longer support banner ads or commercial promotion links and signatures will be condensed and/or revised for viewing simplicity.

The Federal Trade Commission's Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) is intended to protect the privacy of children using the Internet. As of April 21, 2000, many Web sites are required to obtain parental consent before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under 13.

You must be over the age of 13 to use this message board. If you are not over the age of 13, DO NOT REGISTER.

Hello:

The registration spells it out, if you go to the page noting topics it is spelled out.

It is not that hard to PM each other - then we can bash or compliment as wished.

As a State issues a Driver's License, Klipsch issues the ability and allows Posts. And as a State can enforce rules, regulations, traffic laws for those allowed to have a Driver's License, Klipsch can enforce those who have registered and agreed to what can or cannot be posted to follow the guidelines set forth.

As a point, Klipsch can eliminate the Forum. Not the best for public relations for those that are aware of the Forum, but within their right.

There is not even a charge or requirement to own Klipsch Speakers to Post.

As speed limits are subject to the Enforcement Officer - one may allow 63 in a 60 - another 67 in a 60, Amy is doing her best to try to work within parameters.

I feel is she is doing QUITE WELL.

For all the grief she has received on the Board AND the PMs we are not privy to, she has shown humour, given warnings which are well within her function and tried to make more sense among Two (2) Channel, General Questions and latitude. My Captain would just copy the General Orders and include those within a warning. A second time of violation would earn a three (3) day, no pay suspension.

If it were a male as Moderator would he receive the same amount of grief and also would he tolerate it?

Amy is doing quite well and I give her my full support.

Win dodger

"Actually, the childish tactic was Neo attempting to correct C&S' spelling and then twisting the (decidedly amiable) response to make it look like he was just "quoting Amy"."

So I am being childish for "quoting C&S quoting Amy"?

But it is not childish of him to "UNINTENTIONALLY" using the same word in his response:

"Could we please have these simple and few requests spelled out precisely in quotable language like the penal code, eg. without "blantent" ambiguity so we know precisely where we stand. Please define "childish tactics" among other things."

And doing so in such a manner knowing the word is a misspelling and that Amy "apparently has a bigger dictionary" then his?

And such a mockery tone is acceptable as not being childish but a mature adult?

How refreshing! Maybe I should learn from this "profound" writing style and apply to all of my responses from now on.

I find those rules real simple, and understand completely they are Klipsch's rules. There is no way not to understand Klipsch does not want flame wars and has the right to delete any offensive posts.

I don't see where it says we will eliminate the ability to discuss certain topics because the participants may engage in flames. You of course have the ability to do whatever you please but where does it stop. Politics may cause flames, religion may cause flames, guns may cause flames...eg everything, INCLUDING AUDIO, may result in flames.

My only point is, and has been, eliminate the flames (or those who post them) but don't restrict what people in a community can discuss. Delete every post that is baiting, trolling, flaming, offensive, and whatever. Ban the authors of such flames. Don't start down the path of restricting topics because it is not the solution and has no end point (I believe that was what C&S was getting at rather than simply mocking you Amy) Politics has been off limits for a few weeks now AND the flames continue in audio threads.

You have members logging in under aliases and inciting flame wars about audio and everything else. Their sole function is to create conflict and continue to do so. How did banning a topic resolve this? Ban the violaters. The action taken is akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face.