Anyone familiar with this integrated? Looks interesting.

anarchist

Hi,

Doing the normal search ebay, search audiogon, ponder the purchase of more tubes, etc... something to feed the audio addiction, ya know. Anyway, came across this and haven't seen it mentioned in this forum before - somehow a lot of the stuff I am interested in is never mentioned on this forum. 6.gif

http://www.upscaleaudio.com/AH!/prologue1.htm>PrimaLuna

As an additional note, anyone ever use either of these:

http://www.highendaudio.com/bdr.htm>BDR

http://herbiesaudiolab.home.att.net/>HAL-O

I have both. I won't question the science but they certainly make my amp look COOL as can be and I have experienced no microphonics with this amp.

Hmmm. . .I'm happy with my Decware amps made in that foreign nation of Peoria!

I have used Halo dampers. I really do believe they do the job they are reported too. . .I was happy with them until I tried a Mapleshade Tube Anchor. I found the Tube Anchors to do an even BETTER job; bought one for every tube I have glowing!6.gif

I wrote to Kevin and asked him. It's the same only different. There are differences according to him, and they have worked to make sure they are more consistent from unit to unit.

I would like either one myself, but I do prefer not to have something made with cheap Chinese labor. Admittedly, some of the fabrication for high tech products from China is every bit as good as here, but I don't like their politics (human rights, etc.).

Marvel

----------------

On 6/25/2004 9:57:26 AM Anarchist wrote:

Hi,

Doing the normal search ebay, search audiogon, ponder the purchase of more tubes, etc... something to feed the audio addiction, ya know. Anyway, came across this and haven't seen it mentioned in this forum before - somehow a lot of the stuff I am interested in is never mentioned on this forum.
6.gif

>PrimaLuna

As an additional note, anyone ever use either of these:

>BDR

>HAL-O

I have both. I won't question the science but they certainly make my amp look COOL as can be and I have experienced no microphonics with this amp.

----------------

Just curious..... Would you happen to have any pictures of your current setup that you're willing to post?! I would just like to see a fellow M100SE in action. 2.gif

Hey chops,

Here are two shots. One from the top showing the HAL-O's in place on the Mullards and Sylvanias. One from in front... the listening room is an absolute mess with audio equipment, computer equipment, etc. piled in here so the photos are somewhat restricted.1.gif

post-7887-1381925618046_thumb.jpg

Isn't there a basic principle that, if more than one or two people have actually HEARD of a product, it's inherently inferior? LOL

So if these amps are made in China, will Wal-Mart soon be carrying them? Wally-world never met a Chi-com product it didn't like! 2.gif