TUBES?

radiob

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 6/27/2004 1:15:08 AM AK-4 wrote:

I've always wondered about this -- what's "nim-rod"?

----------------

Dean/Chops:

What exactly is a nimrod? Should I be offended if someone calls me one?

We'll go ahead and answer the second part of the question first -- probably. It's possible the person may be comparing you to a mighty king and hunter of yore, but it's more likely that they're calling you a dipstick.

The American Heritage Dictionary offers two distinct definitions of a nimrod -- either a hunter, or a person regarded as silly or foolish. The dictionary goes on to explain that the second meaning probably originated with the cartoon character Bugs Bunny. The wily Bugs used the term in its original sense to refer to dithering hunter Elmer Fudd, whom he called a "poor little Nimrod." Over time, however, the "hunter" meaning got dropped, and the "dithering" connotation stuck.

Nimrod was in fact a Biblical figure -- the great-grandson of Noah. He was a haughty king who declared himself a "mighty one in the earth," founded the great city of Babylon, and presided over the construction of the mythical Tower of Babel. Nimrod was also a renowned hunter, though at least one source we found claimed his game of choice was not animals but men, whom he would enslave upon capture. Whatever his prey, his name became synonymous with a skilled hunter.

----------------

On 6/26/2004 11:52:30 PM DDE wrote:

The KT-77 is indeed a drop in replacement for the EL34, but to say it is only "another name" for the EL34 is false and shows that you are an idiot. The KT-77 is the same as a garden variety Mullard EL34 just as a KT-66 is the same as an RCA 6L6 or a KT-88 is the same as a Tung-Sol 6550.

What a LAUGH! You are a MORON!

The KT-77 was engineered and built my MOV (Marconi Osram Valve) and sold under the GEC brand name in the UK and the "Genelex" brand in the USA. Like our esteemed VP Dick Cheney says, "go f*ck yourself . . ."

----------------

"It takes one to know one"

I suggest you go find another Forum where everyone is at the same intelligence level you are.

If you care to take this one step further with the likes of myself I suggest that you put your money where your mouth is. Whats your balance sheet look like?

Wow, after reading all this I think I will change my monicker to "Daised and Confused".

Audio SE40 - I think you jumped on something before doing good research. I personally do not know how it sounds, but it differs from what most on this Forum have...I think. Which does not make it good or bad. I agree with the other poster, play it and if you like it let us know. The Holy Grail is out there, but it has different names for many different reasons like : Music listened to, volume levels, etc. Not that I have even heard one, but if I had bought KHorns and listened only to low volume Jazz or Classical music I would be inclined to try set amplification first. Make sense?