You can tell it is the middle of summer...

----------------

On 7/7/2004 12:42:56 PM sunnysal wrote:

I, for one, have been out playing tennis at least three times a week. but still find time to hang aorund the forum and listen to tunes on my great klipsch-based system. tony

----------------

Tony,

TENNIS! Now you're talking! I also try and play at least 2-3 times a week. Bought another racquet last week (Volkl "Classic V1"). In fact, I'm going to to the Mercedes Cup (men's tour) here in Los Angeles next week, and then it's off to see Maria Sharpova play for the Southern California World Team Tennis "Newport Beach Breakers".

Hey, I got an idea! We can argue about racquet string! I use Babolat VS Natural ThermoGut Touch 16 gauge, strung at 62 lbs. Anyone that uses synthetic string is a LOSER and probably listens to push-pull.

Regards,

Chris

----------------

On 7/7/2004 3:41:20 PM ChrisK wrote:

Bought another racquet last week (Volkl "Classic V1").

----------------

Ohh! VOLKL!! 9.gif They make some great skis also! I have a pair of the Volkl Carver Motions that I pretty much beat into the ground. Need to get a pair of those new Supersports (probably the "5-star" version) for this upcoming season! Need something a little stiffer that can hold up to some of the very aggressive skiing that this 6-foot 250 pound Northern European-decent person like to do (bumping through the mogals, skiing through glades, etc) I may be able to re-mount my Marker Titanium 1200 EPS Motion system binding, which would be sweet.

As for Tennis, haven't played in awhile. When living in PA, we had our own tennis court at the house and I used to play a lot. Never did get all that good at it, though, but was fun. I've been trying my hand at raquetball at the local 'Y' recently, though. That is a lot of fun, and fast as hell!.

Well, it would greatly help if Klipsch would get their webservice provider to

FIX THE DAMN BOARD!!!! 7.gif

Who's got time to wait for the thing? It takes about 20-25 seconds for the main forum page to load, and then ~15 seconds for every subsequent action. Reading ONE post takes nearly a minute, where it used to take 3 or 4 seconds total before this 'anti-virus' software was installed.

well chris,

I string my head liquidmetal 4 racquet with a hybrid of head rip power for mains and rip feel for crosses in gauge 17 AND I use a PP amp (albiet a 2A3 PP amp) so I guess I am a loser!

I was crushed when I discovered that my cable system did not carry ANY of wimbledon, I could listen to radio wimbledon on the internet at work! what a drag!

regards,

tony

----------------

I use Babolat VS Natural ThermoGut Touch 16 gauge, strung at 62 lbs. Anyone that uses synthetic string is a LOSER and probably listens to push-pull.

----------------

What a weird coincidence! My professional wrestling name is "Natural ThermoGut!"

----------------

Hey, I got an idea! We can argue about racquet string! I use Babolat VS Natural ThermoGut Touch 16 gauge, strung at 62 lbs. Anyone that uses synthetic string is a LOSER and probably listens to push-pull.

Regards,

Chris

----------------

Between my two kids, I string two to three racquets a week. I love VS too but that would put me in the "poor house". Actually, neither likes the feel of natural gut. I don't understand it but I sure accept it.9.gif

I use Babolat VS Natural ThermoGut Touch 16 gauge, strung at 62 lbs. Anyone that uses synthetic string is a LOSER and probably listens to push-pull.

Regards,

Chris

----------------

16 gauge!!! you must be a hack! ! I wouldnt put 16G in my dogs frame! If you are truly wanting to feeel the magic of the shot you need to use 17 gauge. I use 17 gauge and must admit that I break a string every time I play but that's to be expected if you want to play with any authority. I would recommend that you try the 17 gauge but try not hitting the ball too hard youll love the feel of the touch shots around the net!

Josh

----------------

On 7/11/2004 7:23:57 PM joshnich wrote:

Regards,

Chris

----------------

16 gauge!!! you must be a hack! ! I wouldnt put 16G in my dogs frame! If you are truly wanting to feeel the magic of the shot you need to use 17 gauge. I use 17 gauge and must admit that I break a string every time I play but that's to be expected if you want to play with any authority. I would recommend that you try the 17 gauge but try not hitting the ball too hard youll love the feel of the touch shots around the net!

Josh

----------------

Nice try Josh! You just want me to lighten up on my serve so you can get it back. Don't hate me cuz I'm left handed.

Chris

You guys are pansies. My Scott 299C has been rebuilt, and it is so sweet and good that I actually decided to use it as a tennis racket when I don't listen to music. I have found the 7591 tubes to be a much better ball striker, because the exposed faces will not send the return shooting off at an oblique angle, like the **** SET 2A3s I have tried. The heft of the Scott also aids me when reaching for one of those 150 mph serves, although I really need to start lifting a little more so I can get over the ball better in the corners!10.gif

I agree with your POV only if you are talking original Westinghouse 7591s. The EH 7591s do not have the feel for the ball the the NOS tubes do. I know that some folks find the EHs to be abundant with the power bit I think people that believe that are hacks. To get the correct feel on the shot you need NOS 7591s

Josh