Seeking Bad K-33E Woofers

BEC

I am looking for 1 or 2 K-33E woofers to "practice on" while teaching myself to recone them. If anyone has such a thing in need of repair, please contact me with the price you want for them.

Bob Crites

bobcrites@centurytel.net

----------------

On 7/20/2004 4:52:33 PM BEC wrote:

I am looking for 1 or 2 K-33E woofers to "practice on" while teaching myself to recone them. If anyone has such a thing in need of repair, please contact me with the price you want for them.

Bob Crites

bobcrites@centurytel.net
----------------

Bob, PM me your UPS mailing address. The price is: .....practice and get good at it......The woofer is yours.

Terry

It is a K-33 with a Klipsch tag on it. It makes a farting noise when more than a few watts are put into it. No I'm not playing a fart cd through it.

Please send me your shipping address and I'll send it down.

I bought another pair of La Scalas that didn't have any crossovers. I'll be working on these next winter. Maybe you could discount what you think the K-33 is worth off a pair of Type A crossovers for them and let me know how much I owe you.

Greg

gregroberts@adelphia.net

A K44 is from the theater version of the Klipschorn (Jin Cornell has one)

"It is a K-33 with a Klipsch tag on it. It makes a farting noise when more than a few watts are put into it. No I'm not playing a fart cd through it. "

Try playing it without the woofer inductor.

If it sounds OK, the inductor has a shorted turn.

If it still sounds bad replace the tinsel leads.

(this is assuming it doesn't rub)

Dave,

I expect that a K-33 recone kit (which is what I will have) would work on that (K-43) essentially turning it into a K-33. Someone might be able to answer that for sure.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Bob,

I have two K-33E that are original in a 1987 Klipschorns. I checked each one with a ohm meter and they have an open circuit. I just sent you a msg thru your listing as I am interested in a pair of new K-33E. I will check back on this site later.

Thanks,

Greg