Love my Klipschorns

Jim Cornell

My 2 children have been home 3 weeks now all is well.

Im down to my Klipschorns alone in the living room, with the Hafler 4000 amp. I seem to be getting more sound with them alone, rather than having several speakers in the same room, absorbing the sound. Great bass, ive really been enjoying them.

I did take out the alinco tweeters and placed mud tweeters in the Klipschorns, I had a tweeter going out. I guess it just got old, the magnet was very weak.

The TSCM was too dam big, after looking for a home for it, and not finding one, I just busted it up and threw it out.

The communitys are going in my van, the cornwalls I gave to the wife, for her system some day.

Anyway thats what ive been doing.

Regards Jim

Interesting comment, Jim. I had a similar feeling when I switched from multi channel to 2 channel. As soon as I removed the other speakers/subwoofer from my music room, only then could I truly appreciate my music and the wonderful atmosphere and soundstaging a good 2 channel system can exhibit. I honestly feel that other speakers in the same room colors the sound. IMHO you lose clarity and dynamics in multi channel setups that have to be compensated for by more power, more speakers and in some cases dsp options - that's okay for movies, but not music.

Yea honestly speaking, I am enjoying the Klipschorns more, I feel like I just bought them for the first time.

Having the TSCM between them, among other things just killed the sound big time.

All I had to do was unload some big items.

I built the H/T to match the Klipschorns, in turn around I lost a lot of sound doing it at the same time.

The cornwalls, as well as the TSCM was a lot of empty box in 1 room, when listening to music.

I wasnt thinking, and I kept getting bigger items.

Happy now, Regards Jim

I wish I would of bought something else with the $500.00 rather than got the TSCM.

8.gif

Did you at least keep the drivers and crossover out of the TSCM Jim before you made it into scrap wood? I am thinking about a single K-77M to put in my center La Scala swapping out the K-77 in there to perhaps brighten up a little more. Let me know.

Friz

I placed the K-77-Ms in my Klipschorns. I do have 2 Alinco tweeters that need rebuilt, 1 K-55-V that needs work, and 3 K-55-Vs that do work.

The top section of the TSCM wasnt all there, and the bass bin weighted 225 Lbs. There was no way to move it alone.

I also have some AK-3 network parts.

Regards Jim

You have a treasure trove of drivers and horn lenses. maybe with some luck.. You will get close to the 500 you spent too. What about the bass drivers in the sub for the tsms?

Won't mean a whole lot to many on here.. I almost broke down crying you got your kids back. I know it has been a hell of a long time. Good Luck, and love em ,and take care of em too back home!! I am sure you can enjoy a lot of missed movies and talking and walks with em even more.

Jim-

Glad to hear things are going well with you and the family. And certainly glad you were able to get the K-horns working up to snuff. You certainly had a challenge with them (kids and K-horns), so it's nice to hear things are looking up. At least you don't have the long commute down to the Springs.

Yea the wife bargained with me on the huge speakers, if I got rid of the TSCM then I could keep my Klipschorns, well I did that regardless of how I had to do it.

At 280Lbs I wasnt ganna go far for 1 unit, that wasnt actually in 1 piece.

Kids are fine, im still to this day getting the house together, all is well.

Regards Jim