What tunes absolutely make you cringe?

space_cowboy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A song I really detested in the late 90's was some one-hit wonder band called Chumbawamba and their awful title track 'Tubthumping'. Both the song, and that abominable AOHell 'Dancing Baby' that kept time with the song, are intertwined forever in my personal 'Hall of Shame'

As a DJ in a past life to pay bills through college.. I have several..

If you ever needed to just get a great party go to a dead stop... get the red necks out and take a tinkle break.. "Freebird" every time. LOL

Seriously, nothing like a toothless, drunk, tatooed wonder screaming at you at midnight.. While you have a great dance floor cramped with happy people to go to a dead stop!!

LOL

For those Karaoke addicts too.. I have several do not ever sing again please, lists.

The Rose, Fly, Both by Bette Middler.

Ironically the funniest songs sometimes are campy I can't believe he/ she is doing this song too. Saw a motorcycle Harley Davidson guy sing Copacabanna once, while I am not a Barry Mannilow fan, this made me laugh so much I was almost crying!

----------------

On 9/12/2004 8:53:07 AM krustyoldsarge wrote:

"Toxic" by Britney Spears sounds like someone dragging their fingernails across a chalkboard!

----------------

Just about anything by Britney Spears! 14.gif

I also want to add, just about anything Rap or Country-Western

I also cannot stand some of that cheesy slow-rock, such as Air Supply, Barry Manilow, Christopher Cross, and so forth.

As much as I like Metal, but I have my limits there also. That slasher/speed metal were all they do is wail on the guitars, pound the $#!+ out of the drums, and scream/growl into the microphone sure grates on me like finger nails across a chalk-board.

FREEBIRD- thats a great one Indy!

As a photographer at some of INdianapolis' most elegant weddings, I often sidle (that's like mosey) up to the tuxedo'd band leader (whom all know me) and suavely suggest:

ahhem, can you guys do Freebird??

Was at a bridal fair just last night and got top DJ, Sunny Moon to actually play Stairway to Heaven (well, up until the fast part anyway) I LOVE F#cking with these guys!

Michael- the hardest working photographer in the tri-state area, and I didn't even know we had a tri-state area!

I could DJ a wedding with:

Celebrate (good times)

We are Family

Butterfly Kisses (father/daughter dance- yuch)

Chicken Dance (only in midwest)

Electric Slide

etc, etc, etc.

----------------

On 9/16/2004 8:41:24 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

I could DJ a wedding with:

Celebrate (good times)

We are Family

Butterfly Kisses (father/daughter dance- yuch)

Chicken Dance (only in midwest)

Electric Slide

etc, etc, etc.

----------------

I DJ'd my friends wedding back in May (and was also Best Man). And guess what they wanted me to play.... Batting a 1.000 on this one! 6.gif I wanted to sneak in something from Stratovarious or Nightwish, but I didn't think that would've gone over to well. 11.gif

You gotta thrown in "YMCA" as well as "In the Navy" by the Village People! No wedding reception is complete with out at least one of those.

----------------

On 9/12/2004 12:57:18 PM damonrpayne wrote:

Rap that glorifies drugs and violence

"Who let the dogs out"

"Come on Barbie let's go party"

"modern" country music

----------------

LOL

Yes "Who let the dogs out" is both dumb and makes me want to buy a chaingun and mow the fools who yap and bark the lyrics out and all their brain dead fans.Sorry my blood pressure went sky high..11.gif

Michael Bolton,when he..sings...I want to buy a large caliber pump action...shotgun and make a roadkill out of some singer.

Silicone Spears and ALL boy band groups,talent less manufactured fakes with as much talent as a brick from a poophouse.Anyone who buys their CD's would do better to burn thier money or finance sewer expeditions.

Any actors who turn to singing to make a buck,pathetic.I would not even have their CD's in my colletion if I was paid $9.95/per month per CD!

or finance sewer expeditions...

One of my best friends is a Engineer that designs these too. I tell him it is a crappy business, he sais well at least people pay him for his poop too!! LOL.

In the smaller towns he has to get financing through local boards to improve the way of life. Nothing like, again, ignorant backwoods people in the tri state area.. Kentucky appearantly is the worst that doesn't want clean water for it's people.. Go Figure!!

My wife actually had the stones to ask me if we could go see Michael Bolton next week at Pine knob Music Theater (DTE Energy Center).........

......31 freaking years of marriage and she doesn't know how I feel about Michael Bolton??? ..........SHESSH!! 14.gif

We're NOT going...of course.

----------------

On 9/17/2004 10:51:44 AM picky wrote:

......31 freaking years of marriage and she doesn't know how I feel about Michael Bolton??? ..........SHESSH!!
14.gif

We're NOT going...of course.

----------------

Memories of "Office Space" comes back to me....

Yep, Micheal Bolton - recall my previous posting about cheesy, soft-rock? Then again, i don't even think Micheal Bolton is even "soft-rock", but "soft-pop". Of course, notice the lack of Micael Bolton albums in my collection (and I plan on keeping it that way).

#1 GLORIA - Laura Branigan - My most hated song of all time

#2 I shot the Sherriff - Clapton - boring!!

#3 Like a Virgin - Madonna - commercial pop nonsense

#4 At this moment - Billy Vera and the Beaters? - this one was BEAT to death

#5 I'm too Sexy - Right Said Fred - also voted in VH1's top 50 worst songs

#6 Dancing on the ceiling - Lionel Ritchie

#7 Air Supply (in general) - use of the word "love" in every song....

#8 Sweet Child of mine - GnR - I hated them from that point on

#9 Achy Breaky Heart - yeah, I saw him live - at a street festival - GAG

#10 We built this city - Starship - "Grace, what WERE you doing"???

Many others.....

Popbumper6.gif

Single: Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive. An anthem of teenage macho posturing.

Band: I see several votes for FreeBird. I have loathed anything by L. Skynyrd for 25+ years, despite being a fan (I'm from the south) in the '70s (Golden Age of Southern rock). I saw them in concert around '76, and Ronnie Van Zandt was so drunk/drugged that he could't sing. He would get through a verse or two, then hang on the mike stand or stumble around the stage while the other band members looked at each other, and eventually ended the songs instrumentally. After about 30 minutes, he disappeared off stage, music stopped. About 30 minutes later, a stage person said over the PA that Van Zandt had fallen off the back of the stage (7-10 ft) and was being taken away in an ambulance. What a loser. They salvaged the concert by bringing the warmup band back onstage and performing with the remainder of L. Skynyrd. I decided I didn't like them on principle.14.gif

Mandy,

and

Brandy.

Sorry I can't come up with another that rhymes. Musgrat Love(ie)?

Actually even the worst of the stuff on the lists above are not half bad for one or two playings. But they get overplayed.

The Mass in F-minor by the Electric Prunes has not been overplayed. Smile. I kinda like it.

Gil