Alan Songer�s dirty vinyl

artto

Speaking of addiction......................................

"Too many whites are getting away with drug use. The answer is to ... find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river." Russ Limbaugh

(I guess this explains all those addiction induced radio broadcasts.)

Oooops! The quote from Russ only seems to apply to those who do not have money and important connections. No doubt we should have sent Betty Ford to jail and discredited her life and contributions.

Klipsch out.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 9/25/2004 3:56:31 PM paulparrot wrote:

Dean,

"My City Was Gone" is a good one. And "Back on the Chain Gang."

----------------

I thought you didn't get into music made by heroin addicts. Two of the original four members of this half-assed rock-and-roll troupe died from heroin overdoses! Or does you ranting against musicians with serious drug abuse problems apply only to African-American artists and/or the music they created?

What is your first reaction when you hear of a musician or other entertainer who dies of an overdose?

Some people say, "How sad. What a tragic loss."

Others, "This is an indictment of America, a country that has driven its artists to pain-killing drugs as a means to cope against systemic injustice."

I say, "What an idiot."

----------------

On 9/25/2004 5:45:03 PM DeanG wrote:

"The Race Card". You've got to be kidding.

Oh yeah, that's Paul all right -- he only hates music by Black Heroin addicts. In fact, he just hates Blacks -- period.

Don't know who you are, but -- c'mon Man.

----------------

Dean,

Let the blue bird respond for himself. He made the post which at least tends to indicate some connection to the response he received. I could say more based on other things that the blue bird has written, but wait for his response to what was presented.

Klipsch out.

PS. Still waiting. BTW, John Coltrane overcame his addiction and did not die of drug related causes.

----------------

On 9/25/2004 5:51:55 PM paulparrot wrote:

What is your first reaction when you hear of a musician or other entertainer who dies of an overdose?

Some people say, "How sad. What a tragic loss."

Others, "This is an indictment of America, a country that has driven its artists to pain-killing drugs as a means to cope against systemic injustice."

I say, "What an idiot."

----------------

How is that all three statements are mutually exclusive?--I for one think that all three could easily apply to Billie Holiday for example.

You know, just about every time I read one of you posts I think to myself: "What an idiot!"

----------------

On 9/25/2004 5:45:03 PM DeanG wrote:

Don't know who you are, but -- c'mon Man.

----------------

Interesting to speculate on his identity though.

Let's see, a liberal white guy who loves jazz, hates pop music, has had an average education at best but fancies himself superior, been in numerous failed relationships and probably latent, cowardly, appears in a thread about Allan and struggles to change the subject away from overgrading. Is obsessed with me even to the point of parroting my identity. Has a history of using aliases in his posts that are always directed at paulparrot. Minimally competent in Photoshop.

Paulie Parrot is my sock puppet? If he is who you say he is, then he isn't me.

I am 1/4 Navajo, so I guess I'm not "white"--at least not "lily" white anyway!

I have been married to my wife for 17 years (met her in 1972) and she remains my best friend and partner.

I earned both a BA (with honors) and MA from UC Berkeley and

was once an associate professor at San Francisco State Univeristy. I don't claim to be the smartest guy in the world, but the University of California is fisrt-rate and I more than held my own.

I don't hate pop music at all. There are many "Pop" artists that I enjoy--from Tom Waits to Lyle Lovett to Dre and Snoop. My wife is quite the hip-hop/rap fan and I have to admit some of this stuff is brilliant. Not my cup of tea as a steady diet, but now and then I really enjoy it!

I also listen to opera (sucker for Mozart) and chamber music from time to time . . .

And everyone who meets me really likes me--becuase I am considerate, kind and forgiving! I have many friends as a result! And a dog who loves me too!

I am a liberal Democrat, so that charge sticks. But I know down deep in my soul that I am RIGHT (or is that "LEFT?").

By the way, I don't think you're a racist. And many have told me that in person you're a nice guy, kind of a "wimp" and and a "nerd," but calm and friendly. I'm sure it'sthe classic Jeckyl/Hyde thing--you would never have the courage to say ANY of this stuff face-to-face.

Dean,

Let the blue bird respond for himself. He made the post which at least tends to indicate some connection to the response he received. I could say more based on other things that the blue bird has written, but wait for his response to what was presented.

Klipsch out.

PS. Still waiting. BTW, John Coltrane overcame his addiction and did not die of drug related causes.

----------------

You should really get over the race issue here jazman, i have never heard anyone here being racially (SP?) prejudiced. I've never seen you and don't know what your ethnic background is. Maybe you're PP in disguise(SP)? Hey, wait, maybe you can now make fun of me for misspelling a word.(this is to fini and you know who)

Get over it please. Have a great weekend fellows and thank whomever that we're all alive.

----------------

On 9/25/2004 12:34:21 PM Paulie Parrot wrote:

Picnic on Parrot's porch:

(Offensive picture of intravenous drug users......)

----------------

Okay Paulie Parrot. That's enough. I think your post is absolutely disgusting. Get out of this forum and never come back. And if you are an alias of someone already involved in this debate, then I don't think your other personality should come back either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7.gif7.gif7.gif7.gif7.gif7.gif7.gif7.gif

----------------

On 9/25/2004 6:59:08 PM rtaylor wrote:

You should really get over the race issue here jazman, i have never heard anyone here being racially (SP?) prejudiced. I've never seen you and don't know what your ethnic background is. Maybe you're PP in disguise(SP)? Hey, wait, maybe you can now make fun of me for misspelling a word.(this is to fini and you know who)

Get over it please. Have a great weekend fellows and thank whomever that we're all alive.

----------------

rtaylor,

I suggest you develop reading skills, forget the worry about spelling. What the HELL are you reading that says I introduced the race issue? It's yahoos like you who half read something, know even less, and start spouting off in a self righteous manner that are truely tiring. You're a perfect match for the blue bird club of nitwits.

Klipsch out.

----------------

On 9/24/2004 5:09:31 PM jazman wrote:

----------------

On 9/24/2004 5:00:54 PM NOSValves wrote:

Someone is walking a very fine line !
----------------

Someone is definitely walking the line of overt cultural bigotry! Guess who it is?

Klipsch out.

----------------

Sorry jazman if I read something more in this statement than was in it.

----------------

On 9/25/2004 11:41:06 PM jazman wrote:

----------------

On 9/25/2004 6:59:08 PM rtaylor wrote:

----------------

rtaylor,

I suggest you develop reading skills, forget the worry about spelling. What the HELL are you reading that says I introduced the race issue? It's yahoos like you who half read something, know even less, and start spouting off in a self righteous manner that are truely tiring. You're a perfect match for the blue bird club of nitwits.

Klipsch out.

----------------

Jazman, I've seen plenty of posts in which you bring up race. I've never seen anybody else do it. I'm sure someone has but I've not seen it. NOW for the name calling. So I'm a NITWIT and a YAHOO. Ouch. I can only half read. I know even less than I half read. I'm joining a club of blue birds. I've got plenty on my table, yes sir.

By the way, I just adopted an orange wing amazon parrot that flew into a co-workers yard about 5 weeks ago. Have had him for two weeks now and he's just as mean as Paul Parrot.4.gif

I truly believe if we were to meet we'd get along, you'd have pity on a mentally challanged individual such as myself.15.gif12.gif

Again, have a nice day. Go Bengals!16.gif Randy

Why on earth would anyone want a 220 year old Rhode Island Chippendale Highboy with nicks and veneer problems when you can get a brand new reproduction that's perfect and nearly the same and about 90% less money?

Why on earth would anyone want a 1957 Corvette when a new one is less money and better in every way?

Why on earth would anyone want a 1952 Gibson Les Paul when a new one is perfect and less money?

Why on earth would anyone pay $7500 for a first edition of Huckleberry Finn when you can get a paperback at Borders for seven dollars?