Alan Songer�s dirty vinyl

artto

Max and Jazman:

The two of you make sense on this page.

I have a problem with an individual who makes statements regarding heroin or any drug, attempting in their stupidity to connect the drug, or drugs, with any type of music and with critics.

There have been Concert Artists with drug or alcohol problems. There have been Jazz Artists and Critics that would never go near drugs. I worked for a National Male & Female R & R, R & B group The Male was into drugs. The female not at all. As SHE handled the writing of the contracts for employees, there was a clause that should you show up for a set up, a sound check or a performance under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you would be sent back to the Hotel, and your dismissal along with your last paycheck and plane ticket home would come the next day. So much for stoned Roadies, Sound or Lighting Crew or Sound or Lighting Engineers.

But if we take the logic that has been demonstrated, because the male was into cocaine - all of us were.

I also cannot understand and do not wish to understand a person stating that they do not like an Artists work via "what little they have heard." It would make sense to say "I do not like this piece entitled....."

But as I noted, some want to bait and bait and bait until a Forum Member not familiar with the game responds in an attacking way or a way that leaves them open to attack.

Little games amuse bored people. It's best just to ignore them when they make ignorant comments or baiting comments. Saves our blood pressure and spoils their fun.

dodger

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 9/24/2004 1:43:05 PM paulparrot wrote:

----------------

On 9/24/2004 8:16:35 AM fini wrote:

----------------

On 9/24/2004 8:08:32 AM paulparrot wrote:

So, Fini, do you think someone who would write such a thing needs help?

----------------

Such a thing as I quoted? Yes.

----------------

Then kindly go to page one of this thread, where someone named Allan Songer says:

*****And you know what, the more I read the original post in this thread the nastier it reads. I don't think arto (I'll spell your name right when you spell mine right) is trying to be funny any more than he is trying to attack me. Why? What did I ever do to you? I think you owe me an apology. NOW.*****

----------------

You're a freak on a stick, aren't you?

----------------

On 9/24/2004 2:12:36 PM bclarke421 wrote:

I'll give anyone here any one record from my collection and a case of Koch's Golden Anniversary (in
bottles
) to the first forum member to supply me with a picture of themselves giving the Parrot a wedgie.
----------------

Ben you have a deal !!

Is this thread for real? You guys take this stuff, and each other way too seriously. I can understand Allan defending himself against Paul, but the rest of this stuff is just nonsensical.

I just pulled out a good Pretenders CD, I think I'm going to shoot some Heroine and kick back.

Artto, please do us a favor..............especially since you chose the original title to this thread, and CHANGE IT to something less personal. Maybe then it can die quietly. Oh my, hope springs eternal.

Suggestions for the new title: I was only joking!

I am not trying to start anything!

Just teasing!

Finally got a chance to demonstrate my record cleaning techniques!

----------------

On 9/24/2004 6:53:58 PM DeanG wrote:

Is this thread for real? You guys take this stuff, and each other way too seriously. I can understand Allan defending himself against Paul, but the rest of this stuff is just nonsensical.

I just pulled out a good Pretenders CD, I think I'm going to shoot some Heroine and kick back.

----------------

Dean,

You can save all of us from this kind of pain by just shooting the friggin' parrot instead!

Klipsch out.

I cannot believe this. 6 pages.

We have Newbies that ask serious questions and get no responses.

We have long standing members that ask questions that are importatnt to them and get no answers.

And the Parrot sits back and laughs at all of us. Stays quiet, then posts something to get the whole thing going again. We are doing EXACTLY what he wants.

Mr. Songer needs no defending by us. His posts, his teachings, His generosity, knowledge etc., have spoken volumes. He has a passion for what he does.

Inside jokes. they have created many problems anywhere they crop up without someone noting such. If I reference one, I put (Inside Joke) right after the person that the joke is with. I can't tell you what to do and I'm sure I will be told told what to do if this post is not liked.

BUT< pick one task we need to do, one point of being with family, one point of doing something that we have put off to improve our systems. Now figure the time spent reading the posts, responding, getting irritated. KNOWING this is irritating others.

Could we have accomplished the task, spent time with family, even watched grass grow? If the answer is yes compare it to the possibility that we may have changed any one person's ways.

I feel very stupid posting this, knowing it's what some want. Whether it's for attention, to just be different, to argue, whatever. But it is causing comments from one member to another without learning a bit of audio related matter.

BRAVO!

dodger