• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 9/16/2004 9:31:27 PM Griffinator wrote:

----------------

On 9/16/2004 6:04:05 PM Piranha wrote:

I always thought B.O.C. started in or around 1970?

----------------

They did, but some of their later albums (Spectres comes to mind...) suffer from that obnoxious little trend to boost around 80-100 Hz...

----------------

I was just teasin ya Griff. Heck, I like Spectres too. Secret Treaties and Agents of Fortune are nie to listen to as well.

From the Record Collectors Guild webpage:

****Near Mint (NM or M-) A nearly perfect record. Many dealers won't give a grade higher than this implying (perhaps correctly)that no record is ever truly perfect.

The record should show no obvious signs of wear. A 45 RPM or EP sleeve should have no more than the most minor defects, such as almost invisible ring wear or other signs of slight handling.

An LP cover should have no creases, folds, seam splits or other noticeable similar defects. No cut-out holes, either. And of course, the same should be true of any other inserts, such as posters, lyric sleeves and the like.

Basically, an LP in near mint condition looks as if you just got it home from a new record store and removed the shrink wrap.

Near Mint is the highest price listed in all Goldmine price guides. Anything that exceeds this grade, in the opinion of both buyer and seller, is worth significantly more than the highest Goldmine book value.****

Contrast this with what Allan claims was Near Mint, a record with dirt, crud, and some severe clicks and pops. There certainly couldn't have been any new-vinyl-sheen to this record. A visual inspection by anyone honest would not have yielded a Near Mint grade. Did Allan play it in this filthy condition before selling it? By what criteria was it graded?

"Tinhorn, Tinhorn, Belle Starr, Tinhorn, Tinhorn"

LOL, you've got to appreciate that one -- pretty damn funny.

C'mon Paul, the whole thing has been explained by the parties involved. Besides, it's a mute point -- since I'm sure Allan would work graciously with any customer finding less than complete satisfaction with any purchase.

Ad hominem attacks are usually used by desperate people who have no case. Call me any names you like but it won't change the fact that you sold a record as Near Mint that should be graded no better than VG. And that rather than admit you were wrong, you try to cover up by attacking the person who reveals the truth. Have you no sense of shame? (Rhetorical question.)

I am going to state this one last time--the truth is that the record is NEAR MINT. Scott agrees that the record is NEAR MINT and even stated that the record with "clicks and pops" was a different record, that arrto got that part wrong. Why do you persist in beating this dead horse? You have been proven wrong by people who were acutally there and yet you rattle on and on. Do you really think that anybody is taking you seriously? I know that you take great pleasure in provoking others while sitting in your hole thousands of miles away--truly the sick, masturbatory act of a diseased mind.

And now you're going to reply to this hoping to provoke me again. If you do a good enough job I might reply!

----------------

On 9/23/2004 11:43:48 AM Allan Songer wrote:

I am going to state this one last time--the truth is that the record is NEAR MINT. Scott agrees that the record is NEAR MINT and even stated that the record with "clicks and pops" was a different record, that arrto got that part wrong. Why do you persist in beating this dead horse? You have been proven wrong by people who were acutally there and yet you rattle on and on. Do you really think that anybody is taking you seriously? I know that you take great pleasure in provoking others while sitting in your hole thousands of miles away--truly the sick, masturbatory act of a diseased mind.

And now you're going to reply to this hoping to provoke me again. If you do a good enough job I might reply!

----------------

I conveniently posted a description of Near Mint up above, so you could have a reference for what serious collectors use in grading their vinyl. Your record does not meet that criteria by the stretch of anyone's imagination.

Scott speculated that Artto may have been talking about a different record but if you read Artto's post, it was crystal clear that it was your record being described, not something else. This point has already been discussed.

We have the truth on one side, your hatred and evasion on the other.