browser problem on Klipsch forum

Daddy Dee

Anybody have a clue about this browser problem?

When I call up www.klipsch.com ... the web page no longer has the bar of options across the top, including "forum".

It just displays "login" and "my cart" above the rest of the page.

Clicking on "login" does display a page with the usual menu bar across the top, from which I can click on "forum".

As an intermediate solution, I have bookmarked the forum page and can get to it that way without paging through the website.

Any ideas about how to fix this? Anyone else have this problem?

I have the problem too at home on Windows Internet Explorer, but not on Netscape. Yet, it runs flawlessly on IE here at the office. All of my machines are running Windows XP Pro. Strange. It could be that Java is turned off?

Well, I don't know what it was in terms of a windows problem, but a HD reformat and reinstall of XP pro fixed it. Of course, I didn't go to all that trouble to fix this problem, but had been working for months trying to get this laptop back in order hoping to avoid a reformat to fix things. Thought I had it for a while. When I started trying to repair things, I couldn't even reply to PM's. Weird, weird, weird. I could post a pm, but not reply. I couldn't reply to posts either. A download of a new IE helped that, at least I could click "go" on the address line and the browser would load a reply window. If it weren't for the convenience of purchasing applications for Windows, I'd change to linux or get an apple.

Here's a true story about Microsoft. When MS rolled out Windows95, at a meeting/press event with Microsoft employees in attendance, a number of them were wearing black Tshirts with the Windows95 logo on the front. Across the back were the words, "Windows95 sucks... less..."

Folks that have difficulty getting into various BBs should:

1. Use anti-spy software like Spybot and Ad-aware.

2. Get rid of all cookies that you do not use.

3. Be sure that you use a firewall and ant-virus software.

For folks that have all of their security software up to speed, clearing out the cookies seems to usually solve the problems.

Bill

I have this exact problem with both of my computers. On one, I run Mozilla Firebird, and on this computer plain old Mozilla. The problem began when the Klipsch page was 'redesigned' about a month ago or so. The only way to access the link for the Forums from the main Klipsch page is, as you are doing, click on 'login'.

I really don't encounter the problem, because I've bookmarked the FORUM instead of www.klipsch.com. It's probably a Java Script issue - the menu doesn't load even with IE-6! I've checked the page source - the word 'forum' doesn't even appear. So I don't think the menu for Forum was ever added in. If you go to the 'login' page, then view 'source', the word 'Forum' appears, along with all other menu items and the appropriate link.

Jim

Ive had the same problem as Audio Flynn described AND I go to the forum the same way Fini does.

(http://forums.klipsch.com/ideal)

Ive recently have gotten a DSL hookup and I need to use Internet Explorer. The only way I can get things to work once Im into the Forum is go back to using AOL, otherwise all I get is posts from the previous day. Nothing is updated . I need to reload and refresh constantly. Hmmmmmmmmmm

elmer fudd2.gif

Theres somthin awfully scwoowy goin on awound here.

----------------

On 9/21/2004 2:53:14 PM BBB wrote:

Ive had the same problem as Audio Flynn described AND I go to the forum the same way Fini does.

(
)

Ive recently have gotten a DSL hookup and I need to use Internet Explorer. The only way I can get things to work once Im into the Forum is go back to using AOL, otherwise all I get is posts from the previous day. Nothing is updated . I need to reload and refresh constantly. Hmmmmmmmmmm

elmer fudd2.gif

Theres somthin awfully scwoowy goin on awound here.

----------------

If you're seeing old pages, then you have a problem with IE caching everything. To fix it, open IE. Bring up the tools menu and click on internet options. On the "general" tab, there is a section marked temporary internet files. Click on the settings... button in this section. Tell it to check for a new version every visit to the page. While you're in there, if you have a good internet connection, it wouldn't hurt to put your amount of disc space to use to around 10-30mb (i have mine sent between 1 and 5 depending on what i'm doing). If you still have problems, go back to the internet options, general tab, temporary internet files and click on "delete files..." This will delete all the files that you have saved on your harddrive which forces IE to reload the page. Also, if you reduce your disc space to be used, then you will have to click on the delete files afterwards. Otherwise, the 100 some mb that were already stored will remain there.

Anyways, I too have the same problem with being unable to see the main menu buttons on the main page and then I have problems at least 3 times a day where I cannot even access the forums (i get the 404 error). I'm using 2000 pro with the latest IE and norton antivirus and firewall. Everything is always updated as the updates come out. I figured maybe it was a klipsch server or a dns problem because it only started happening when the site got it's overhaul.

----------------

On 9/16/2004 9:26:47 AM Daddy Dee wrote:

Anybody have a clue about this browser problem?

When I call up
... the web page no longer has the bar of options across the top, including "forum".

It just displays "login" and "my cart" above the rest of the page.

Any ideas about how to fix this? Anyone else have this problem?

----------------

Yes - just refresh the page ( IE5, the two green arrow chasing each other )

For what it's worth...

BBB's problem is that he has ordered gallons upon gallons of DIESEL (not DSL) for delivery, it has all arrived. He has ENTIRE FLEETS of tankers waiting outside his rabbit hole, but Alas, there's no room in the tanks...(Things usually stay pretty "tanked up" in his neck of the woods J/K). Anyhow, last time he used a match to fire up the computer...he...well..

bugg.jpg

Hey Bubba! Ain't you glad you came back for this?

Love Ya

Clu, Less, Carol