where do you put your RC-7 ?

Shade

He does not have enough room on a DLP to place the RC-7. Perhaps wall mounted stand as mentioned before.

The big question is are you going to wall mount the DLP or place it on a stand?

Wall mounted may give you an oppertunity directly beneath it and if placed on a stand then one that could accomodate a center channel would be great.

Right now, mine is on top of my projection TV. However, I will be buying a DLP Samsung early next year when my home is finished. I was hoping to find a stand that will allow me to put the RC-7 under the TV firing upward. It does not look like Samsung's stand will work. But I really haven't done much research yet. Do you have a Samsung?

With a DLP, I would build it into the wall if you can (depending on what you are using the opposite room for. The wall would give you a 5-6" shelf. If you can protrude into the opposing room and dry wall that in, you could turn that into a nick nack shelf in the opposite room. You could then have the speaker flush with the DLP TV. That would look very nice.

BlueMonk : I'm getting the Samsung HLP5685W. It's the one with the built in pedestal. It should be delivered some time next week. It sounds like you're looking at the 63W line. I was originally looking one of those. Unfortunately, I don't think any of the stands will hold the RC-7, at least not any that I found. Doesn't seem that the manufacturer's are expecting anything that big.

Unfortunately, building it into the wall isn't a possibility as I'm currently living in an apartment. Seems like either the stand Kenstr gave a link to or the tv/vcr mount above the tv might be the best option.

What is rare projection? Did you mean rear?

We looked at buying either an LCD, DLP, or Plasma TV for the bar area in one of our restaurants. They can be mounted on the wall even if a "shelf" like unit has to be built. Enclosing them in a wall is the best if you do not need to get to the connection often (it seems I am always playing with my connections2.gif ).

We have a flat Stewart screen on our wall and I needed a place to store about 300 record albums that would double as temporary seating and a place to hold our RC-7. So, I built this unit which resembles a little stage for under the screen. It'll store more than 400 vinyl record albums and the cradle holding the RC-7 allows you to tilt it up and back to gain access to storage below. The seats on either side of the speaker are also hinged and tilt open to the front. It took only 1-1/2 days to build in our garage and about $35 worth of materials. The unit is free-standing, will support two adults and is mounted on teflon glides so it will slide on the tile floor easy and without scratching.

July 28 2004 033.jpg

no-flash.jpgpost-10177-1381925797841_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

----------------

On 9/23/2004 11:22:00 PM Shade wrote:

BlueMonk : I'm getting the Samsung HLP5685W. It's the one with the built in pedestal. It should be delivered some time next week. It sounds like you're looking at the 63W line. I was originally looking one of those. Unfortunately, I don't think any of the stands will hold the RC-7, at least not any that I found. Doesn't seem that the manufacturer's are expecting anything that big.

Unfortunately, building it into the wall isn't a possibility as I'm currently living in an apartment. Seems like either the stand Kenstr gave a link to or the tv/vcr mount above the tv might be the best option.

----------------

I'm getting the P5068W and would like to know how you handled the RC7 mounting. I saw this one http://www.btech-usa.com/bt14.html but it can only handle up to 20 lbs.

Thanks

----------------

On 9/25/2004 6:34:39 PM Dylanl wrote:

I guess I am the odd one. I place my RC7 under my 36" Toshiba TV pointing up. The only reason I did this is that the RC7 magnets was messing up the screen.

----------------

I have mine the same way. I built the stand for my old 36" Mitsubishi and KG2.2v. It still works fine for my 36" Toshiba and RC-7.

I'm doubly glad now if the RC-7 magnets could potentially cause a problem with my TV. The Toshiba speakers suck, but the picture is fantistic.

I got a DLP Panasonic (PT-50DL54) on Saturday.

Got this stand from CC. I reversed the lower and upper supports to give approximately 12" clearance on the middle shelf. I previously had my RC7 on top of my Pioneer 530HD set.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Z-Line-Designs-Palisades-TV-Stand--Z241S-/sem/rpsm/oid/82359/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

The overall sound of my system is better with the center speaker at this level.

----------------

On 9/24/2004 3:29:54 PM BBB wrote:

You gots it all wrong. You gotta put the TV on TOP of the RC-7.

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/tv small2.jpg">

Now dats what I call RARE projection!

----------------

what??? like this??? first buy some giant pro subs,

stack the front channel amps in between the subs and mount the center on the subs useing 4 isobaric (sp) pucks, so it wont vibrate off

htpics20004.jpg

jay