Under $2,000 TV

dantfmly

You can get the Mits 42" RPTV (no built-in HDTV tuner) for well

under $2000. I've seen the Mits 55" (with built-in HDTV tuner)

on sale in my area recently for $2200. I get my HD programming

for free OTA, with a set top antenna that I have mounted in my

attic.

Check out the Mits forum on homeTheaterSpot.com.

Dave

Here's another idea for you:

How about a front projector? You can pick up an Infocus X1 projector right now for under $800 and a screen for another $150. Then you could pick up a moderate quality television for your normal viewing and use the projector for your theater.

David

----------------

On 9/23/2004 8:17:04 AM picky wrote:

If all you want is a large RP set and without getting into any quality-ratings, Circuit City has a lot of Hitachi 57" and smaller HDTV rear projection sets on web special right now for way under $2K.

----------------

My apologies of course i want the best quality i can get for that money.

----------------

On 9/23/2004 9:44:53 AM dkp wrote:

How about a front projector? You can pick up an Infocus X1 projector right now for under $800 and a screen for another $150. Then you could pick up a moderate quality television for your normal viewing and use the projector for your theater.

David

----------------

It has has got to be good for regular viewing to. I am not going to spend that kind of money on something i would only use for a once in the blue moon (for now) movie. But if there are front projectors for under that i would be glad to hear about those to. i want the best quality, largest picture i can get for that amount of money. Thank you all for your input and any future inputs.

----------------

On 9/24/2004 9:34:12 PM dantfmly wrote:

----------------

David

----------------

It has has got to be good for regular viewing to. I am not going to spend that kind of money on something i would only use for a once in the blue moon (for now) movie. But if there are front projectors for under that i would be glad to hear about those to. i want the best quality, largest picture i can get for that amount of money. Thank you all for your input and any future inputs.

----------------

Well, it really depends upon your viewing habits. Most of the lower end (price-wise only) projectors will not produce a very good picture with any amount of ambient light in the room. So if you watch television in a darkly lit (or in the dark) room, a projector would work well. However, I don't think this would be considered the norm, which is why I suggested the combination approach. I came across a 10-day free trial for the Infocus X1 projector-shipping included-and decided to purchase one after seeing it in action. I don't know if they still run this trial or not, but if you're interested, I will try to locate the telephone number of the company that handles it for them.

David

----------------

----------------

David

----------------

----------------

Where are located? I have a Marantz 64"RPTV calibrated high end tv set for sale, paid 6800 for it in 2000 and Ill sell it for 2000.00, Im going to buy a Lcd so I can hang it on the wall.

A couple months ago I picked up a Sony VVegga 40"XBR for just under $2k, with the custom stand. It's the biggest tube you can get, that I'm aware of, and the picture quality will blow away any projection set. But their discontinued now and supplies are limited.

The downside is the weight, but the delivery boy's will take care of placing it.

----------------

On 9/25/2004 4:11:57 PM radiob wrote:

----------------

----------------

David

----------------

----------------

Where are located? I have a Marantz 64"RPTV calibrated high end tv set for sale, paid 6800 for it in 2000 and Ill sell it for 2000.00, Im going to buy a Lcd so I can hang it on the wall.

----------------

i am located in Virginia beach. I don't know if i will be buying one yet. I know when though. it will be uin the month of november, I am in the process of selling old and buying a new house, i hope to have some money left over to be able to buy one.