My New Heresies

Deang

so where are you going to be using there then?

You're not going to suddenly turn around and start talking about the beauty of small speakers, properly placed and their great soundstage depth are you?

Mark 1's unless I am much mistaken - look perfect.

Jordan built the ALKs himself. I would imagine they are the Heresy version of the Cornwall ALK (if that makes any sense:)

I needed these primarily so I could start critically evaluating some of the differences, if any, between some of the different capacitors I use in the networks I build for people. Basically, I will be comparing the Auricaps, Hovlands, Jensen PIOs, and Bob Crites' GE motor runs in the Type E network. The fact that these have ALKs in them is a great positive, since it will save me the trouble of having to build them.

I wanted some LaScalas, but don't really have the room or the money for them right now. So I'll be setting up these Heresies (or is it Heresy's) for nearfield listening with my present gear. I'm going to elevate them, and set up either a 4' or 6' triangle.

I did this with the RF-7s, so I don't know what I'm trying to prove to myself, but I guess it's time to revisit the issue with Heritage.

Funny Max, ha ha!

----------------

On 10/6/2004 5:58:03 AM DeanG wrote:

Jordan built the ALKs himself. I would imagine they are the Heresy version of the Cornwall ALK (if that makes any sense:)

I needed these primarily so I could start critically evaluating some of the differences, if any, between some of the different capacitors I use in the networks I build for people. Basically, I will be comparing the Auricaps, Hovlands, Jensen PIOs, and Bob Crites' GE motor runs in the Type E network. The fact that these have ALKs in them is a great positive, since it will save me the trouble of having to build them.

I wanted some LaScalas, but don't really have the room or the money for them right now. So I'll be setting up these Heresies (or is it Heresy's) for nearfield listening with my present gear. I'm going to elevate them, and set up either a 4' or 6' triangle.

I did this with the RF-7s, so I don't know what I'm trying to prove to myself, but I guess it's time to revisit the issue with Heritage.

Funny Max, ha ha!

----------------

Oh my god - you are going to go down this route - I expect the nearfield drool to start any minute. 4 feet is a bit small for Heresies - that's almost headphone territory - I'd go for 6 feet - nearfield enough..

Will be very interesting to see you impressions. Other than Bass and absolute volume the Heresies should prove more than a match for the RF7's - especially in depth, speed and midrange - in nearfield of course.

YMMV and all that - just impressions I have gotten whilst playing. as I said - awaiting your impressions with some anticipation.

Very nice Heresy Twins.

Merriam-Webster says:

Main Entry: her·e·sy

Pronunciation: 'her-&-sE

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural -sies

Etymology: Middle English heresie, from Old French, from Late Latin haeresis, from Late Greek hairesis, from Greek, action of taking, choice, sect, from hairein to take

1 a : adherence to a religious opinion contrary to church dogma b : denial of a revealed truth by a baptized member of the Roman Catholic Church c : an opinion or doctrine contrary to church dogma

2 a : dissent or deviation from a dominant theory, opinion, or practice b : an opinion, doctrine, or practice contrary to the truth or to generally accepted beliefs or standards

nice speakers dean, enjoy them with music form time to time don't just use them as test mules, it would be a waste of "good talent". My heresies are sitting in a closet right now, maybe I should dig them out and use them somewhere...? lol, tony

----------------

On 10/6/2004 9:46:02 AM garymd wrote:

My beautiful decorator zebrawood heresys are in the back of my basement, unused for the most part. I'd like to figure out how to use them as surrounds with the zebrawood corns and stay married at the same time.
8.gif

----------------

Help me understand this married thing is it true that you also have to pay to do this ?

Post a pic of the zebra hereseys 3.gif

----------------

On 10/6/2004 10:22:48 AM seti wrote:

----------------

On 10/6/2004 9:46:02 AM garymd wrote:

My beautiful decorator zebrawood heresys are in the back of my basement, unused for the most part. I'd like to figure out how to use them as surrounds with the zebrawood corns and stay married at the same time.
8.gif

----------------

Help me understand this married thing is it true that you also have to pay to do this ?

Post a pic of the zebra hereseys
3.gif

----------------

www.dcchomes.com/Heresy.html

Step by step pics and commentary from Greg who did the work. They look even better with the drivers installed.4.gif