I AM DONE ! ! ! ! ! !

picky

Ladies and Gentlemen: Following 26 months of trials, tribulations and smashed thumbs, I am extremely proud to announce that, as of 7:42 PM EDT, on Monday, October 11, 2004, our home theater is DONE!!! (Picture from August):

panoramic1.jpg

I cannot tell you what a relief this is. But, at the same time it's a bit sad, because I must now focus my energy elsewhere. I really did enjoy this project.

THERE ARE LOTS OF NEW PHOTOS ON THE LOWER PART OF PAGE TWO OF THIS THREAD OR VISIT OUR WEB SITE LISTED BELOW:

WOO-HOO! I'M DONE!!!!![img src='http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif'> 2.gif3.gif9.gif16.gif

I will be taking new photos later this week and I will post them here. I wanted to take them last night, but our digital camera is with my wife on a trip. So, thanks in advance for your patience. I simply couldn't wait to tell everyone that the theater was done. Thanks!

Picky,

You have one of the sharpest home theaters I have seen yet. I'm going to have to get down there and take a peep sometime. My wife and I just came to a decision (after a few months of kicking around various ideas) on how to complete our basement. I would like to pick (pun intended ) your brain and see how you've gotten past various obstacles (low ceilings, soundproofing, etc).

In the meantime, I would not want you to suffer any sort of withdrawal from all the work you've been doing the past couple of years on your theater. So I would like to extend you an invitation to bring your labors a wee bit North and expel all your energies upon my basement theater soon-to-be. This way you will continue to be happy and I will be happier yet!!! lol

Seriously though, you have one smooth looking (and sounding) setup. It all blends together so nicely. You must be proud, yet the best part of this great hobby of ours is seeing the joy it brings to others. Congrats on a job well done!!!

David

Thanks guys!

Phil: I am not a vodka drinker at all, but what you see on the bar back is Absolut (because it is the most asked for by our friends). We also stock Smirnoff Silver 100% Proof, which I use for mixed drinks and Luksusowa Potato Vodka just for sipping.

As for some my favorites:

Sipping Whiskey: Black Bush Irish Whiskey (by Old Bushmills)

Gin: Bombay Blue Sapphire

Tequila: Patron Anejo

dkp: David, thanks so much for the good words. I am quite flattered by your comments.

Thanks, also for the very enticing offer for me to come North so I might volunteer my services to you in order to help you construct a home theatre of your own, but I think I'll pass, if it's all the same to you 2.gif (Kidding of course!)

However, you and your wife (as well as the other local members, of course) are more than welcome to come to Allen Park to check out our room if you'd like. We love to meet you and discuss the whole process with you. We should probably begin a dialog via email so I can try to answer any questions you might have.

Picky: Congratulations on finally finishing your dream. I know that you are very proud of all the hard work that you have put in and it all pays off seeing the final finished product. You have some very good ideas and give insight to those who might be starting out on a project of this magnitude. I know that I have come away from meeting you with more ideas, and that is what this forum is all about: sharing ideas and helping others.

My world just stopped, a THUD as my jaw hits the floor, and time seems to hang adrift in a void of space...and as I rub my eyes once, twice, trying to make sense of the inexplicable awe that struck me like a sledgehammer to the chest, I sit here winded, only realizing moments later that I can only move my mouth but utter not one word.

That is hands f_cking down, the sickest, dopest, raddest, gnarliest, sweetest, smoothest, pimpest, awesomest, craziest, colorful, inspiring, most righteous home theater room ever to grace my eyes and sear the pixels on my computer screen. Glenn, you've rendered me speechless.

I could write 5 screenplays about the perfect alignment of hot sauce bottles you have sitting neatly on the shelf there, labels facing out, gleaming with sinister intensity like fake vampire teeth. Scribe another 2 just on your wet bar, which no true entertainment hub is complete without. And let's not forget the Glenlivet mirror hanging in shiny splendor. That is, afterall, the scotch that started it all.

Pen yet another 8 treatments on the checkered floor, which oh so perfectly compliments the velvety plush seats in an allure of red so throbbing it hurts. The track lighting, the trendy coffee shop blue lamps suspended in seemingly mid-air, all working in synthesis to create an ethereal atmosphere, a movie theater-like environment, a true suspension of disbelief as anyone walks into this room of richness and fantasy. You should have a sign by the exit, which reminds me of the sign they had at the doors of my film school at USC. It read, "reality ends here."

And hell, I don't even see your gear but I sure as sh!t see that projector and screen staring back at me, inviting me to come sit down before it bends me over, makes me grab my ankles, and gives me the spanking of a lifetime that would make Michel Fey cry for his mommy. A screen of that magnificence is sure to suggest a rack of equally stunning gear hidden away somewhere deep, dark, and cold...probably in the caverness black dungeon where you keep the kids. =)

All in all, a big, phat, LOUD CONGRATULATIONS on a job completed, a job exquisitely done, and a theater that you've now established as the next place we're going for a party/get-together/demo!!! You've done us all proud, you've shown us that dreams do come true, and that when you put your mind to it, anything is possible.

How's tomorrow sound? I'll bring the keg.

----------------

On 10/12/2004 2:41:06 PM nicholtl wrote:

My world just stopped, a THUD as my jaw hits the floor, and time seems to hang adrift in a void of space...and as I rub my eyes once, twice, trying to make sense of the inexplicable awe that struck me like a sledgehammer to the chest, I sit here winded, only realizing moments later that I can only move my mouth but utter not one word.

That is hands f_cking down, the sickest, dopest, raddest, gnarliest, sweetest, smoothest, pimpest, awesomest, craziest, colorful, inspiring, most righteous home theater room ever to grace my eyes and sear the pixels on my computer screen. Glenn, you've rendered me speechless.

I could write 5 screenplays about the perfect alignment of hot sauce bottles you have sitting neatly on the shelf there, labels facing out, gleaming with sinister intensity like fake vampire teeth. Scribe another 2 just on your wet bar, which no true entertainment hub is complete without. And let's not forget the Glenlivet mirror hanging in shiny splendor. That is, afterall, the scotch that started it all.

Pen yet another 8 treatments on the checkered floor, which oh so perfectly compliments the velvety plush seats in an allure of red so throbbing it hurts. The track lighting, the trendy coffee shop blue lamps suspended in seemingly mid-air, all working in synthesis to create an ethereal atmosphere, a movie theater-like environment, a true suspension of disbelief as anyone walks into this room of richness and fantasy. You should have a sign by the exit, which reminds me of the sign they had at the doors of my film school at USC. It read, "reality ends here."

And hell, I don't even see your gear but I sure as sh!t see that projector and screen staring back at me, inviting me to come sit down before it bends me over, makes me grab my ankles, and gives me the spanking of a lifetime that would make Michel Fey cry for his mommy. A screen of that magnificence is sure to suggest a rack of equally stunning gear hidden away somewhere deep, dark, and cold...probably in the caverness black dungeon where you keep the kids. =)

All in all, a big, phat, LOUD CONGRATULATIONS on a job completed, a job exquisitely done, and a theater that you've now established as the next place we're going for a party/get-together/demo!!! You've done us all proud, you've shown us that dreams do come true, and that when you put your mind to it, anything is possible.

How's tomorrow sound? I'll bring the keg.
----------------

nicholtl-You are definitely one of the best wordsmiths on this forum. Great post, I agree completely.

picky-The e-mails shall commence shortly, my friend...

David

It looks like a room that I could get comfortable in.9.gif

I know what you mean about needing another project. I need to keep myself working on something all the time or I would go insane. My problem is that I only take by jobs to about 90% completion and then move on to the next one. It looks like you finished this one, well done.

Very nice, If you just have to do some more work I am sure we can find some room in my house you are more than welcome to come remodel!!

since someone asked about vodka let me ask about RUM

anyone ever heard of "three rivers rum" spelled in French

had it in Europe and it was awesome, have never found it here,

So when's the Parteeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'll bring the Twins and we'll try out your hot sauce collection.

Looks like a setting for a very cool movie, I'm not sure if Garth would be happy there, but I'm sure a certain Briitish spy with bad teeth would find it "Groovy Baby".

Congrats on a job very well done.